**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Idea for a Halls of Gold/Healing Schedule

So I'm drawing on the success of another mobile game here. I won't mention the game by name, cuz I'd like to keep the discussion focused on Contest of Champions...the only reason I bring it up is because the model they finally landed on has been pretty successful and has done wonders for alleviating resource "crunches" for players of all levels.

In the year that I've been playing MCOC, Halls of Gold & Healing have been extremely rare events. Despite the fact that we usually get several passes at each Halls quest when the event occurs, I think that they do not occur often enough for the vast majority of players. While I don't expect to receive anything for "free," especially in cases where items like healing potions fetch a lot of Units, I do think that a better rotation for these events could be put into place.

I suggest that each Halls quest be put on a separate rotation lasting between 7-12 days. This counter, at least in the other game, is actually not static...the quest can occur anywhere between 7 to 12 days from the date of the last one. Each quest will only run for one 24-hour period, and then its rotation would reset. It's important to note again that the rotations would be independent of one another, and the quests would not occur on the same day.

Basically what this would accomplish is evening out the accumulation of gold. Rather than getting big spikes of gold over the course of a special week where the quest happens 3-4 times, we'd get some extra gold doled out evenly over roughly the same span of time (between the event occurring, I mean).

I feel like I should also note here that I'd be okay if this was adopted only for Halls of Gold. I don't want to speak for others on the importance of potions, but I think we're reaching a tipping point in the game where gold is becoming a seriously scarce resource for many players. Ranking & leveling up champions is expensive, and as 5 & 6* champions become more prevalent, it would benefit the player base greatly to provide some extra earning potential.

Comments