**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did we get a final answer on pure skill or is it still being "investigated"??

OMMOMM Posts: 9
Just wondering if there are any plans to fix pure skill or if those that invested in it are SOL?

Comments

• spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I haven't seen an answer on it. I'd love to know what's going on. Pretty big investment, and I stopped using the mastery entirely. I'd love to bring it back.
  • OMMOMM Posts: 9
    100% agree! It's crazy there has been no "official" word on this..... we should all get refunds and those that want to invest in the skill mastery that gives you 10 or so more damage can buy it.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    There was an answer. Level 5 pre nerf is now level 3. Level 4 and 5 are useless because armor rating can't go into negative.
    What also doesn't make sense is that they can take months to "work on" pure skill to come up with a plan and not just refund us the units that we invested into this broken mastery.
  • Levels 4 and 5 cost about 3,000 units, so kabam keeps admitting it doesn't work, so REFUND OUR UNITS FOR LEVELS 4 AND 5!this has been under review/trying to fix for 4 months now!! Enough is enough, Kabam stop hoping we going to forget about u robbing is, we arent! I encourage others to do what I did and banned sls pending another penny on this game until this is correctly fixed, meaning giving me my 3,000 units back, it is NOT what we spent all those units for, in fact, kabam admits it does nothing at level 4 and 5. Which r by far the most expensive levels.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Well right now rank 3 is said to be as effective as rank 5 pre 12.0 so enjoy your 2 extra mastery points untill they come up with a solution.
    edited June 2017
    Unfortunately, they changed the search function in the new forum and the old forum to a flat rate, which impacted its usefulness. The search function now has an effective flat rate of 896. I'm not sure what that means, but it's useless in practice. Even if they did comment on this and give us an update, it would difficult for the majority of forum users to know about it or track it without other users sending links whenever the issue pops up in new threads.

Bring back functional search abilities to the forum!
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Well right now rank 3 is said to be as effective as rank 5 pre 12.0 so enjoy your 2 extra mastery points untill they come up with a solution.

I get nervous they will just break out the effectiveness of ranks 1-3 over ranks 1-5 and be done with it. Although they say that rank 3 is as effective as rank 5 used to be I, for some reason, remember my rank 5 pre 12.0 making a way more noticeable difference than rank 3 post 12.0. :-/
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    It will never be fixed. Just like the Evade bug will never be fixed.
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »

Ya, sure, I really enjoy having $100 of units wasted on something that does exact same thing as level 3, which is 3,000 uniys, or $100 less. Kabam is straight thieves, plain and simple.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Except this isn't true no matter how kabam tries to spin it.
    Shrimkins wrote: »

I think you are wrong here. Crits overall ignore more armor post 12.0 which means pure skill has less armor to ignore.

Just because pure skills does not see the huge jumps it did pre 12.0 does not mean it is not ignoring that armor.

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

I think you are wrong here. Crits overall ignore more armor post 12.0 which means pure skill has less armor to ignore.

Just because pure skills does not see the huge jumps it did pre 12.0 does not mean it is not ignoring that armor.

This is where I have a problem with Miike's explanation.
    According to him, we are ignoring more armor (actually all armor) now but we are seeing reduced damage numbers than before. How is that possible?
    Also, Miike says that armor ignore is additive now (post 12.0) and was multiplicative before (pre 12.0) but in a different thread he had stated a long time back (before 12.0) that armor ignore was additive (and testing suggested that this was true). So something has definitely changed. But it probably isn't how armor ignore works and Miike has never explained this discrepancy
    Does anyone here currently have any points in PS now ?? I would be surprised to hear from someone that actually would choose to dedicate points in PS post 12.0.
    I moved my Pure Skill points to Mystic Dispersion.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

It's barely effective at any level. Adding 20 points of damage on a crit isn't worth the mastery points or cost.

And I know they've claimed it is as effective as pre 12.0, but it is not. Multiple people have proven this in multiple threads.

Hulk_77 wrote: »

It's barely effective at any level. Adding 20 points of damage on a crit isn't worth the mastery points or cost.

And I know they've claimed it is as effective as pre 12.0, but it is not. Multiple people have proven this in multiple threads.
    I'd like to see that. I haven't seen a single comparison of pre/post 12.0 crit damage with PS.
    Changing your masteries are free this week you can test it out yourself and see the laughable damage difference. Absolutely ridiculous
  • Too bad this is like the 1,000 post on this and I'm sure kabam has gotten thousands of direct complaints on this by now, but they still don't care and won't even make effort to do anything. Kabam just doesn't care. So we shouldn't care about them, DON'T PURCHASK ANYTHING FROM THEM, CHANGE RATING TO 1 STAR AND FILE BBB COMPLAINTS. WE STAND UNITED AND KABAM WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS FINALLY.
    Too bad this is like the 1,000 post on this and I'm sure kabam has gotten thousands of direct complaints on this by now, but they still don't care and won't even make effort to do anything. Kabam just doesn't care. So we shouldn't care about them, DON'T PURCHASK ANYTHING FROM THEM, CHANGE RATING TO 1 STAR AND FILE BBB COMPLAINTS. WE STAND UNITED AND KABAM WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS FINALLY.

As long as AQ and AW are running, people will keep spending money.