**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman not immune ice??

Just curious... How is iceman not immuned to coldsnap. He's ICEMAN. Key word, ICE. Why does a cold debuff affect him. That makes absolutely no sense. I would like to hear Kabam's logic and reasoning behind this one.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    But sabretooth is. Because logic.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Why would he be? I'm 70% water, but I'm not immune to drowning, or even drowning resistant.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Why would he be? I'm 70% water, but I'm not immune to drowning, or even drowning resistant.

What a ridiculous analogy. Iceman doesn’t “breathe in cold” does he? Drowning is a completely different concept than what is happening with iceman. A better way to look at this is that Coldsnap is Just iceman dropping the temperature around himself so low that it hurts his opponent. So a better analogy would be that a human is 37 degrees Celsius and they don’t get hurt by 37 degrees Celsius temperatures.

If two icemen are fighting, A and B
    Iceman A being so cold, would not hurt iceman B because if iceman A inflicts Coldsnap because he’s chilled the air around himself enough to hurt B, then it would be cold enough to hurt A. Which means it should damage A as well. But kabam’s logic is wrong, so for some reason iceman isn’t immune to Coldsnap.
  • Snizzbar wrote: »

What a ridiculous analogy. Iceman doesn’t “breathe in cold” does he? Drowning is a completely different concept than what is happening with iceman. A better way to look at this is that Coldsnap is Just iceman dropping the temperature around himself so low that it hurts his opponent. So a better analogy would be that a human is 37 degrees Celsius and they don’t get hurt by 37 degrees Celsius temperatures.

Iceman A being so cold, would not hurt iceman B because if iceman A inflicts Coldsnap because he’s chilled the air around himself enough to hurt B, then it would be cold enough to hurt A. Which means it should damage A as well. But kabam’s logic is wrong, so for some reason iceman isn’t immune to Coldsnap.

I think he was being sarcastic as it was not a rational rebuttal in the least. I'd say to simplify your point more to the notion that Iceman would get cold on a high mountain with freezing temperatures. He wouldn't considering that he's made of ice. If he would, then someone is wearing a high quality iceman costume and strayed way to far away from some halloween party.
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    There's been many threads on this... however, what always comes to my mind when people talk about Iceman and coldsnap, is how Mephisto is immune to incineration. Just like he is immune to incineration, Iceman should logically be immune to coldsnap. The answer is usually that Iceman would be too good. Just like Ghost Rider would be too good if he was incinerate immune... #kabamlogictho
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Yeah. There should be a **** in the armor, an Achlles heel. Otherwise, players would be revolting for a nerf.
  • Ollieb3Ollieb3 Posts: 23
    Why doesn’t any champ made of metal get instantly crushed into a tiny cube when fighting magneto
    Why doesn’t every champ get instantly disintegrated into a million pieces when trying to fight Phoenix
    How can black widow take a punch to the face from hulk?
    Because balance
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    Ollieb3 wrote: »
    Why doesn’t any champ made of metal get instantly crushed into a tiny cube when fighting magneto
    Why doesn’t every champ get instantly disintegrated into a million pieces when trying to fight Phoenix
    How can black widow take a punch to the face from hulk?
    Because balance

this ^^
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Character balancing. They can't add every Ability that coincides with logic because that wouldn't fit within the framework of the game.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    There is no reason for him to be immune. He is the way he is simply because that's how he was designed.
    Try to imagine all characters with the same model. Remove all textures from them, and give them different abilities. That way you will not ask why is iceman not immune to ice, or why is ghost rider not immune to incineration
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Did you hear the whoosh? That was the sound of my comment going right over your head.
  • WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    Regardless, a being made of ice not being immune to ice still doesn't make any sense. How would that not be balanced??? There's only one champ that produces cold effects, hence he should be immuned to it. There are multiple champs that can incinerate, so really there isn't a balance there. At least in my opinion.
  • WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    Character balancing. They can't add every Ability that coincides with logic because that wouldn't fit within the framework of the game.

How is that balancing when there is only one champ that produces cold effects vs. several that incinerate??