**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 star Beast worth r3/4 (duped)

Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
I duped this guy this morning and I'm quite pleased since it's my first dupe as of yet. Dumped 20 generic sig stones onto him as well which were about to expire in stash, so he's now level 40. Would like some feedback as to what rank he is worthy of...your feedback is much appreciated!

5 star Beast worth r3/4 (duped) 26 votes

Worth rank 3 only
38%
vg2782WildpantsbuttersSavio444godsquad891IceBobbyPizzabeatmozzyBahamutMoNsTeR_804 10 votes
Worth rank 4
30%
KickenChickensfu_koraxSaiyanDukeZmanSungjKarinshiMy_Superiorshadow_lurker22 8 votes
Not worth wasting catalysts on, wait for a better mutant
30%
NevvBzuffyPeterQuillXFA_RebootedAssumedNameStagedear85Akarsh383Trill719 8 votes

Comments

• WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Worth rank 3 only
    He is not bad. Got his uses until you get someone better. I think r3 will help you clear a lot of content. But r4 is for endgame champions which he is not
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    Worth rank 3 only
    duped rank3 yes I have him 4 star 4/40 sig 99 and find him fun and useful questing and aq
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Worth rank 4
    If you can master his combos he is an awesome champ. I can run Map 5x5 with him in AQ and have full HP at the end (before Dormamu) and mine is only a 4* 5/50 duped. You just switch to his Acrobatic form ASAP and then stay in that form. While in acrobatic form their power gain is significantly (55%) reduced. Then practice consistently landing his "parry (or block), medium, light, light, medium" combo while in Acrobatic and they are basically power locked for the duration of the combo buff.
    Also he has a modest heal while landing the Acrobatic mode combo. At sig 27, my Beast heals roughly 800 per 4-hit combo.
    Then throw in a moderately reliable (80%) stun on his S2 and his bleed resistance and he's borderline god-tier in my book.
    IMO Beast is one of those often overlooked awesome champs because of super-gods like Wolverine, X23, and Iceman who really are a button mash = win. Beast takes some practice but it's worth mastering his gameplay.
    Follow this link for me playing my 4* Beast at just 4/40 against a stacked AA (and I've ranked him and improved in my gameplay skill since this video) and you'll see his potential, especially at 5* R4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9T3xSp-eNE
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Worth rank 4
    DukeZman wrote: »
    If you can master his combos he is an awesome champ. I can run Map 5x5 with him in AQ and have full HP at the end (before Dormamu) and mine is only a 4* 5/50 duped. You just switch to his Acrobatic form ASAP and then stay in that form. While in acrobatic form their power gain is significantly (55%) reduced. Then practice consistently landing his "parry (or block), medium, light, light, medium" combo while in Acrobatic and they are basically power locked for the duration of the combo buff.
    Also he has a modest heal while landing the Acrobatic mode combo. At sig 27, my Beast heals roughly 800 per 4-hit combo.
    Then throw in a moderately reliable (80%) stun on his S2 and his bleed resistance and he's borderline god-tier in my book.
    IMO Beast is one of those often overlooked awesome champs because of super-gods like Wolverine, X23, and Iceman who really are a button mash = win. Beast takes some practice but it's worth mastering his gameplay.
    Follow this link for me playing my 4* Beast at just 4/40 against a stacked AA (and I've ranked him and improved in my gameplay skill since this video) and you'll see his potential, especially at 5* R4.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. I went for Blade the other day and didn't get him and now I have a 5* Beast. If he ever gets awakened then he's going to R3 same day and even R4 depending on my roster. He's overlooked but great.

One thing I disagree with Duke for is when he said Beast needs to stay in his second form (Acrobatic). You get much higher DPS in the first one (freestyle) and it's great that you have the choice with a champ.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Worth rank 4
    Saiyan wrote: »
    DukeZman wrote: »

Pretty much what I was gonna say. I went for Blade the other day and didn't get him and now I have a 5* Beast. If he ever gets awakened then he's going to R3 same day and even R4 depending on my roster. He's overlooked but great.

One thing I disagree with Duke for is when he said Beast needs to stay in his second form (Acrobatic). You get much higher DPS in the first one (freestyle) and it's great that you have the choice with a champ.

Yes his Acrobatic form is lower dps, but I'm always thinking survivability which for me meant power control and heal, which is in Acrobatic, but yes, in Freestyle, he gets some bleed which is nice.