**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RoL Wolverine Dilemma

AnuragsahaAnuragsaha Posts: 37
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I am a level 46 player with fairly decent skill level, looking to clear the Realm of Legends. I will use Rogue as my main damage dealer with juggs-colossus-unst. Colossus crit team. That leaves one spot to take a champ to deal with Wolverine. Here, I have a dilemma with my 2* Guillotine or 3* Star Lord(sig 16). Guillotine has a great special 2 which can kill Wolvie in under a minute but you also need luck and I am not lucky...AT ALL! Then you have Star Lord which completely depends on skill..which i do posses a bit, however I am curious as to how many combo hits it will require to get him down. If it's 600+,I will definitely need a few revives. So, I cannot decide what to do. Please help

RoL Wolverine Dilemma 57 votes

Use 2* Guillotine and hope for the best.
73%
KickenChickenEtaki_LirakoiGamerNevvBWhododo872That_Dude52MarzGrooveAgentOfSHIELDSpity68ChovnerHeroBoltsyjojodeth101GAM3RGUYWildpantsbeyonder8421SungjAlCapone2727SKK65zero7SpiritOfVengeance 42 votes
Use 3* Star-Lord
5%
VaultIsreal588RazeStrike 3 votes
Take out a champ from your crit-team and take both champs
5%
Mr_OtterMcfly89shadow_lurker22 3 votes
Others(Explain)
15%
X_ScottDexman1349Monkey17288BUZZdog3000X45CassyimnooneBahamutMaher_er_sur 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I used Guillotine. I completely agree; you really need to get lucky with ROL Wolvie, so be prepared to spend a few revives. However, after a few battles, I loaded in and got him to proc 5 Regens...SP2 instakill. So if you have a decent stash lying around Guillotine would be the best.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Use Guillotine, if you have Mystic Dispersion that helps.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Remember, SL’s signature caps out at 400 hits, so I don’t think a 3* SL can even kill ROL Wolverine anymore, I gotta go with Guilly.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Star Lord has a max of 400 hits to get to his potential, but it needs to be in a streak.
  • Options
    DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    edited March 2018
    if you really want to finish RoL instead of waiting, I would say hope for the best and as mentioned earlier, mystic dispersion would help a lot so that you can sp2 before you run out of souls. A loooooooooooong RoL nonetheless
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Any guillotine will be able to get it done pretty easily. Just be aggressive and dodge rather than blocking. As long as you get that initial sp2 in quickly enough you’ll be fine. Mystic dispersion will definitely help you. Having said that, you could still use rogue against him. Replicate his regen using a sp1 and he can’t trigger it as long as you have the regen. Even if it drops off I seem to remember it not triggering again despite you no longer having the regen. Don’t quote me on that, but she is definitely capable of taking him down if utilised correctly.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Rogue needs to keep the replicated buff refreshed by constant contact with wolvie. tough to keep going for long...
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @BuckeyeKP I don't see how this helps him at all. His goal isnt to heal through wolv, but to stop his healing. Rogue cannot do that.

@ OP, what are you top champs in your collection? maybe the forums can propose a new solution
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @BuckeyeKP I don't see how this helps him at all. His goal isnt to heal through wolv, but to stop his healing. Rogue cannot do that.

@ OP, what are you top champs in your collection? maybe the forums can propose a new solution

Actually, whatever buffs rogue has stolen, the opponent can’t activate. But yeah, that’s a bit too tricky to keep up
    I usef a 2* guilly on my first run of RoL and made mincemeat outta wolvie. Only took 71 hits. Just dodge, don’t block as much, and keep up the tempo as much as you can. And yeah, MD helps a lot
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    The problem with Guillotine is that you need to do damage to gain souls first (otherwise you won't be able to reverse his healing long enough). This is hard to do with a 2 star Guillotine.

Personally, I used a 3 star Guillotine, as that is the highest I ever got with her. And she died a couple of times until I found a way. You can try with the 2 star Guillotine, but you will be knee deep into the Realm by the time you can test her out. Another option is an awakened Doctor Octopus as he heal blocks while at the same time steals health. It seems harder to do, but I do remember seeing a video of this. There are more heal blockers these days. I could also recommend Loki, as his sp3 places a curse on the enemy preventing him to gain buffs. (And Loki steals all the buffs). You have to keep the curse going, i think with an sp1 or a heavy. So as you can see, there are more options against that Wolvie in case you have these other champions.

If you are planning on going with Rogue you are probably very skilled so Starlord is another option (but takes forever).
    On my second run (post-perfect block nerf), I used Wolverine for most battles (except Vision and Wolverine). Also have a poison immune champion for Scarlet Witch or you will die very very fast.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Find someone else for damage deler and wait for a 3* guillotine

You would be better off waiting for a 3* Guilly. While a 3* SL can work if you can keep a streak, if you make one mistake you will regret it.
  • Options
    Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Wait for better toons...rank them up...get after it!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Others(Explain)
    With Guilly, the only reason you would want a higher ranked version is for the ability to take more block damage. You don't rely on her damage to take him down, it's all on her heal reversal and the power of Wolvie's regen. Even with a 4* Guilly, you have to be aggressive and get to her SP2 before the souls expire. Still a bit of luck. I needed to revive her twice because of the timing.

There are other options out there that would work as well. Yondu & Civil Warrior have heal block if you spam their SP1. Vision is similar but you have to keep wolvie below one bar of power the whole time which can be very tricky. Another option is an awakened AA, because his neuro will block regen
  • Options
    Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    edited March 2018
    Others(Explain)
    If you us 2* gully you will probably need to have MD at 4/5.

But there are other options.
    Void just spam sp1
    Mephisto just keep spamming sp1.
    Quake. Hold heavy and parry repeat. Long fight but good to have that style down.
    Loki - sp3 curse and then heavy - good to have this style for ultron at end of chapter 5
    Anyone that puts up a lot of debuffs (Joe Fixit/x23) with max despair. could even throw on inequity to help despair.

These guys possible but need luck on your side
    Hood w/md. Stagger and sp2 all day
    SW
    AA
    Doc Ock
    Civil warrior
    Dr. Strange - don't attack just parry until sp3 then fate seal and attack while fate seal on them then back to parry.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    You have 20-30 seconds to land her sp2. Otherwise quit the fight and try again.
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Others(Explain)
    Wait it out.
    1) Try using your 3* SL against WS and see how many hits it would take and if you can one shot him or not. Because, you'll have to get to a very very high combo before you even make a dent in Wolvie because of his insanely powerful regen. I have seen it healing up 7-8k of health per tick.

2) People have done it using 2* guilly but when I tried with my 4* and 5* guilly, I wasn't lucky. After using 7 revives, I gave up. I waited for a couple of months till I got 4* AA and bam, cleared it all in one shot. Used 3 revives in total for whole thing.

3) Rewards aren't that great, if I were you, I would focus on completing act 4 and then act 5. That would help you progress a lot more than completing ROL would.
  • Options
    BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Others(Explain)
    Wait, There is no point in rushing RoL the rewards aren't even that good. I would focus more on master mode in event quest or become uncollected. If you have done all that then act 5 progressions.
  • Options
    X45X45 Posts: 78
    Others(Explain)
    Improve your roster. No point rushing for rOL
    *3 SL lvl 16 wont help too much
    *2 guilo wont work too
    If you are only lvl 46. Your mastery point also limited.
    I dont see any option you can finish wolv at this current level
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    2* Guillotine has done it before. I know I saw a vid about it. Just saw another one on YT.
  • Options
    Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    Use if you have VOID