**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Scarlet Witch power drain

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
With the recent update 17.1, Scarlet Witch's bugged Power Steal was fixed. However, the problem seems to have been switched to her Power Drain. Her Power Drain only works against the attacker

The way it used to work (before any bugs), was that when she hit other champs, she could inflict Power Steal and steal the power of the opponent. And if she was hit, she could inflict Power Drain in which case the power of both champs would be drained.

Then she developed the bug where Steal would reduce the power of both champs. That was fixed.

Now when she gets hit and activates Power Drain, only the attacker's power is drained and she gets to keep (possibly steal) some of her power. It's acting more like both champs' power is drained but then allows her to steal a portion of it back.

The only thing I can think is happening is that Power Drain is treated like a buff for the attacker and she gets Mystic Dispersion credit for the buff expiring.

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Haven't seen this myself but I've always noticed that power steal might count as a debuff, it always gives the opponents regen on a masochism node. In regards to your observation, it could be that the extra power that sw comes from being hit after the power drain occurs, idk
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Power drain drains both, I have seen this happening after the update and it is working as intended. However, I am not sure power drain is supposed to drain both 100% of the times. As part of the chaos magic.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @beyonder8421 As far as I've seen, sw power drain always drains all power from both fighters.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    @beyonder8421 As far as I've seen, sw power drain always drains all power from both fighters.

As far as I remember, you are correct. What I am saying is, I am not completely sure power drain couldn't work the other way.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Power drain is supposed to 100% both, but I'm finding that it isn't always the case since this last update got pushed through that fixed her power steal.
  • Whatnot72056Whatnot72056 Posts: 87
    Yes, ever since I duped and r5 her she had reliable drain and it was usually at 2 bars. She would equal the field and drain both which was the main reason I ranked her. It was super handy in war and she would obliterate Hypes and Mordos. Now she doesn't drain at all period. Every fight is a constant battle to keep the NPC down and she just gets stomped by specials.
    @Whatnot72056 You shouldn't be depending on Drain as an attack tool because it means you're getting hit. If attacking, you should be STEALING power.

The only time you should be depending on power DRAIN against SW is if she is the opponent.
  • Whatnot72056Whatnot72056 Posts: 87
    @Dexman1349 I have never experienced it in that way. I've always drained, power stole or nullified on attack. The at least 2 bar drain equilibrium would occur on attack. I used her solely for defeating the Collector. She never seemed broken. Now she definitely does. She no longer knocks the NPC power down. At least in the last few wars.
    She's never drained on attack.