**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to dismantle SENTINEL

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Ok folks today I’m talking about Sentinels. A champion who is probably gonna end up being a royal pain in Alliance War and potentially the same in Alliance Quest.

First we have to “analyze” what makes them so hard to fight. The Analyze mechanic means that MLLLM combos betray you and so do multi-hitting specials and heavy attacks and blocking. Every repeated action increases the enemy sentinels Armor, Crit Resist, and Attack with no way to reverse this. At 100% Analyze the effects of the special attacks will activate through blocking (think Yondu’s Arrow) meaning the L1 is your friend but the L2 (multiple incinerates) is your death.

Now I’m gonna toss some numbers at you so if you don’t like that and wanna know who to use skip this and read below.
5/65 5* (unduped) Sentinel
•Armor Flat is 664 (24.9%)
Each analyze is another 12.68 up to a total flat increase of 1268 (bringing the armor up to almsot 75%)

•Each analyze is 16.94 Critical Resist up to 100 Analyze for 1694. For perspective 5/50 NC in swashbuckling has around only 1200-1300 critical Rating. The only ones I can immediately recognize to break through the critical Resistance are Karnak (who when focused has a total 4500) and Angela (each Precision are 2000 and she can stack 2 of them).

•Each analyze increases Sentinel’s attack by 1/100th it’s base attack. As it stacks up to 100 it can double its attack

COUNTER: the only innate counter I can find at this time is Angela. Her class allows her to slow down the Analyze build. Her monstrous Critical Rating after even 1 Precision is enough to break through the Resistance with some left over and the second Precision is just icing. Her massive fury help her make the most of her sometimes strained crit rate.
Close to 3 use L2, use L1, then swap between L1 and L2 as preferred trying to keep at least 1 Precision at all times.

CHECKS: because many champions have attributes that allow them to be effective let’s get right to it

Hyperion. Class advantage. L3 to get those cosmic charges. Maybe heavy a few times and spam L1 for the boosted incinerate. L2 is illadvised due to the massive armor.

Phoenix: Class Advantage. Despite her being seen as bad she’s not a bad champion. It’ll take some getting used to to manage her fury but a heavy attack or two and you’ll build enough Phoenix charges to have enough fury. L1 to get rid of the excess Phoenix charges and 1 fury. Keep her above 5 and she’ll be able to hit with her base attack each hit through incinerate (base attack around 1200 would mean her combo would do 7200 as she hits 6 times due to her second medium)

Stark Spider (Duped): High Attack with poise, crit rating phenomenal (when Duped) and the shocks are outstanding.

Honorable mentions include: •Voodoo/Vision with power burn to ignore absurd armor and crit resist plus not worrying about that L2.
•Thor (Ragnorok) (Duped): Shock Damage please!
•literally anyone not reliant on crits or bleed/poison.

This excludes Star Lord due to his crits being the main damage source however you might get lucky with a massive shock but it’ll be a long fight.

Comments

• Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Well, I thought it was a very informative post.

Thank you!
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Medusa?
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Nice quick guide. Only point I really disagree with is SL. Even without crits, his attack builds as long as you keep the combo. He has been my go-to right beside Hyperion for EQ. Curious about Phoenix though. I use her fairly frequently for questing at 5/50 4*, but I think the time it takes to get to those furies isnt ideal.
  • Options
    nameplas wrote: »
    Medusa?

(I had to brush up on her abilities in her spotlight)

It would depend on if Analyze is affected or not by the shatter. As Analyze is passive and Crit Resist is a passive OF a passsive I’ll take the word of the spotlight and pray Medusa works as a welcomed counter.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Medusa absolutely wrecks Sentinel. Armor shatter reduces the armor by a lot and reduces power gain/ability accuracy by 100% against robots
  • Options
    Between the armor reduction and furies, the crit resist doesn't really affect Medusa much
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Nice quick guide. Only point I really disagree with is SL. Even without crits, his attack builds as long as you keep the combo. He has been my go-to right beside Hyperion for EQ. Curious about Phoenix though. I use her fairly frequently for questing at 5/50 4*, but I think the time it takes to get to those furies isnt ideal.

Yes but Starlord is FAR from optimal despite his increasing attack. I’m not saying it’s not possible but to put Sentinel down with SL but it would be a LOOOONG drawn out fight.

As for Phoenix 2-3 heavy attacks at the start give her Phoenix charges that allow her to accelerate her fury gains until she has what she needs and uses the L1 to burn off the excess charges but keep the fury.
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Yes but Starlord is FAR from optimal despite his increasing attack. I’m not saying it’s not possible but to put Sentinel down with SL but it would be a LOOOONG drawn out fight.

As for Phoenix 2-3 heavy attacks at the start give her Phoenix charges that allow her to accelerate her fury gains until she has what she needs and uses the L1 to burn off the excess charges but keep the fury.

Have you used SL? I have r4 5* hyperion and r4 5* SL and SL is barely behind hyperion in the time it takes to finish sentinel off
  • Options
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    Between the armor reduction and furies, the crit resist doesn't really affect Medusa much

Please read above your posts. I had to brush up on Medusa as I was unfamiliar with her exact workings. I’ll admit her fury and break/shatter are impressive and would likely balance out (somewhat) to any regular champ without the fury using a lot of crits. But again considering Damage debuffs and Angela and Duped Sparky exist I’d classify her closer to a check and than a straight up counter (not a bad choice but just so carefully outclassed by a few hairs)
  • Options

Have you used SL? I have r4 5* hyperion and r4 5* SL and SL is barely behind hyperion in the time it takes to finish sentinel off

Yes and it was a grueling match. Angela was a much nicer match up thanks to both her class and crits that landed. Star Lord IS viable but more a check than a counter. I only listed Hyperion above Starlord because Hyperion with 2 cosmic charges has the physical resistance and damage boost and incinerate Damage is direct and plentiful (I did not bother with his L2 as armor break isn’t a selling point against what Sentinel has for armor)
  • Options
    Extended list:
    Starlord, a long fight but much better than 95% if the other champs against him

Medusa, hopefully her ability reduction effects his Analyze Crit Resist but if not her shatter and fury at least make it easier.

Quake. True damage through her aftershock

Hood: Shock gives him a fighting chance

JANE FOSTER: an odd choice but when awakened she can guarantee Crits against stunned enemies.
  • Options

Yes and it was a grueling match. Angela was a much nicer match up thanks to both her class and crits that landed. Star Lord IS viable but more a check than a counter. I only listed Hyperion above Starlord because Hyperion with 2 cosmic charges has the physical resistance and damage boost and incinerate Damage is direct and plentiful (I did not bother with his L2 as armor break isn’t a selling point against what Sentinel has for armor)

hyperion definitely a good matchup, never disagreed with that. But I assumed from your comments, "SL being a loooong fight" to put him on the scale of shouldn't even be an attacker. I'd put him at the top of mid-tier options.
  • Options

Please read above your posts. I had to brush up on Medusa as I was unfamiliar with her exact workings. I’ll admit her fury and break/shatter are impressive and would likely balance out (somewhat) to any regular champ without the fury using a lot of crits. But again considering Damage debuffs and Angela and Duped Sparky exist I’d classify her closer to a check and than a straight up counter (not a bad choice but just so carefully outclassed by a few hairs)
    I haven't tried out Angela yet to see how she compares, but Medusa made the Sentinel fight really easy and she worked much better for me than duped Sparky.
  • Options

I haven't tried out Angela yet to see how she compares, but Medusa made the Sentinel fight really easy and she worked much better for me than duped Sparky.

Angela’s immense Crit rate being above double Sentinels resistance and her fury. Easily 2500 damage a hit (almsot a perfect Crit chance too) against sentinel a hit when I’m in “god mode” with Angela which is around what she does against everyone else with a few less crits than normal.

Also did medusa Crit after shattering him?
  • Options

hyperion definitely a good matchup, never disagreed with that. But I assumed from your comments, "SL being a loooong fight" to put him on the scale of shouldn't even be an attacker. I'd put him at the top of mid-tier options.

Well as his Analyze matches his attacks to a point it’d be an uphill battle for sure until her maxes it but Starlord will break through. I tried using Hulk and that was a bust.

I’d put him around Medusa. Hyperion beats him out imo just cause the incinerate guarantees that consistent damage and slows the analysis which when reaching 100 makes L2 a literal death sentence (which is why I was initially focused on cosmic champs)
  • Options
    @Mr_Otter I may be wrong, but I feel like you are overestimating what sentinel does, or the effects of what he does. I didn't even need the incinerates from Hyperion to destroy him quickly. Because he does so much damage quick, the sentinel's response is almost nothing. I heavied then sp2 and dispatched him quick. This is definitely good detail, but I think you're not considering the possibility of killing him before analyze becomes an issue
  • Options

Angela’s immense Crit rate being above double Sentinels resistance and her fury. Easily 2500 damage a hit (almsot a perfect Crit chance too) against sentinel a hit when I’m in “god mode” with Angela which is around what she does against everyone else with a few less crits than normal.

Medusa was able to crit after shattering him, but I didn't really pay much attention to whether or not she was critting any less. I'll have to do some more testing to see
  • Options
    @Mr_Otter I may be wrong, but I feel like you are overestimating what sentinel does, or the effects of what he does. I didn't even need the incinerates from Hyperion to destroy him quickly. Because he does so much damage quick, the sentinel's response is almost nothing. I heavied then sp2 and dispatched him quick. This is definitely good detail, but I think you're not considering the possibility of killing him before analyze becomes an issue

Actually this is more for uncollected 2.1 and the inevitable 5* defenders on high armor nodes. In arena or the little guys in the event quest aren’t an issue
  • Options

Medusa was able to crit after shattering him, but I didn't really pay much attention to whether or not she was critting any less. I'll have to do some more testing to see

OK Medusa goes high on the list
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Blade, Medusa, stark spidey.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »

Blade? Against a bleed immune??

EDIT: not just a bleed immune but a bleed immune that will make it so he can’t even crit
  • Options

EDIT: not just a bleed immune but a bleed immune that will make it so he can’t even crit

you're forgetting about danger sense
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Danger Sense.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305

Lol... Why he can't critic
    . ...he can't bleed that not mean he can't critics...
    Man u r thinking too much....
  • Options
    Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    How does nebula do? If you put 5 or more shocks on sentinel? Her shocks reduce ability for robots right?
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Medusa
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Medusa.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what a dancer sense is?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Danger sense is activated against Dimensional Beings (Magik, Dorm, etc), but can be extended to include Villains and/or Mystics depending on synergies with Ghost Rider and Mephisto/Dorm respectively.

Danger Sense adds an additional Attack Rating and reduces Accuracy Ability by 40%. These effects get a 45% potency boost with Spark synergy.

This is why Blade with GR & Spark synergies is such an OP team.

Edit: Here's all that's included in said Danger Sense possibilities. Dimensional Beings are the center purple/gray circle, and extended to include the other circles depending on synergies. :

28379379_1922156987802641_6349791770527662080_n.jpg?oh=30cfdcac6dabed2c9f98b58412bdca36&oe=5B3EE938
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    And I also found Medusa a really good option to shut down Sentinel.

Her Armor Shatter completely shuts his power gain down because he's a robot, so you can literally just pin him in the corner and parry-combo away.