**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Luke Cage or Red Hulk

Hey guys and gals who was the better upgrade out of the 2? Whos better unduped or duped?

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Rulk (damage wise) benefits more from the awakened ability as he starts with 2 heat charges, reducing build-up time, and also becomes a lot tankier, and can take on mephistos with his incinerate passive resistance pushing him past 100% at 9-10 charges (depending on sig level)
    LC is awesome for damage right out of the crystal, his awakened ability just gives him a contingency if you get hit or accidentally push an opponent to the L3
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Rulk does a lot more dmg. LC can eat an L3 without losing any health. He also reduces power gain by 25% for each exhaustion and reverses it when u have over 4. LC isn’t very good for immune nodes and loses his exhaustion’s. Rulk doesn’t lose heat charges anymore and his dmg output is much higher and also can become immune to incinerate and high physical resistance. Both are great choices
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Rulk does a lot more dmg. LC can eat an L3 without losing any health. He also reduces power gain by 25% for each exhaustion and reverses it when u have over 4. LC isn’t very good for immune nodes and loses his exhaustion’s. Rulk doesn’t lose heat charges anymore and his dmg output is much higher and also can become immune to incinerate and high physical resistance. Both are great choices

LC only reduces power gain on power gain abilities. Small difference, but means it’s only effective on a few opponents.
    U seriously just said the same thing I said
    Lol, it only works against abilities like mordo and Hyperion. Basic attacks will still generate power even if Luke has 4+ debuffs active.
    edited March 2018
    Wow you’re kidding. I’ve been using my LC all wrong then. U could’ve also added MD. I’m pretty sure most people get that.
    I’ll let u be right on that. Thanks for correcting me. U act like I said power locks them with 4 exhaustions
    I’ll let u be right on that. Thanks for correcting me. U act like I said power locks them with 4 exhaustions

No need to put your guard up. But it’s an important distinction, I have 6* Luke and that ability is only relevant vs a handful of opponents. Personally I don’t think Luke is as good as many others do now. Can do some good damage, but still not really an offensive champ.
    edited March 2018
    I’d gladly take LC over the pos 6* YJ I have. Maybe Thursday I’ll get a better one
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Personally I give RULK the edge. 180% from Scorch is slightly more consistent than Luke who averages 40% on debuffs. Unless you run resonate you have to keep 4 exhaustion and that’s only 160% with about half your combo getting Parry boosted. So it’s slight but Rulk has more consistent damage.

In terms of favorable matchups Rulk loves going against ALL mystic class and both Magneto and isn’t afraid to block an upclose YJ sting or Bishop’s delayed L2. Even against Sentinel the L2 Incinerate through Block isn’t really a thing which is probably the scariest OFFENSIVE thing Sentinel has that you can’t avoid without power control and bating Sp1 nonstop.

Durability… Rulk in the long run loves the long fight as he is able to keep up almost on par with Angela in attack and overall Physical Resistance combining them only losing the Crit rating. Luke has a physical Resist too but I’m not 100% it’s on par

Niche:
    Overall this is subjective but you're looking at 2 heavy hitters with large physical resistance. Luke can tank a bad L3 (let’s be honest we’ve all missed a combo or thought we had a few more taps on their block) and Rulk can tank Sentinel charged L2 (which besides being a dumb matchup isn’t very useful)

As far as REAL inmunities go Poison Immune is a dome a dozen with Hulk, Cpt/Ms.Marvel, Hela, Medusa, and Hyperion all beating him out in a straight 1v1 comparison

Bleed immune doesn’t really have a true heavy hitter. True Ultron and the Visions are powerful and King Groot when set up is kinda fun when you have 10 Perma Breaks and fury stacking with poison but none of them have that immediate KILLER status that LC can bring.

Overall while Rulk is more consistent, Luke has better Utility (L3 tanking and Bleed Immune) that overall make it so they don’t step on each other’s toes too hard. More like playing footsies 😂
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    TL;DR

Rulk is more consistent in attack and defense but LC can be played to exceed his attack.

Luke has better Immunities and better Niche matchups but Rulk overall has an entire class that he loves fighting