**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Category- hero or villain, do we have any other ?

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
I can see two categories in champs Hero or as villains, but do we have any other characters category.

Any insights??

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I think there is a mercenary category
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Deadpool, nebula, and yondu are all mercenaries. Not sure if there are any more.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    There’s a mercenary category for Sabertooth, Deadpool, and a few others
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I think Taskmaster is also in the Mercenary category.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    LC is a merc
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Mercenaries are also villains, they can’t be hero’s or are they ? Is it true if we see only two categories in the game , hero’s and villains.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    For the sake of Blade's danger sense (with Ghost Rider synergy), Mercs are not villains.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    For the sake of Blade's danger sense (with Ghost Rider synergy), Mercs are not villains.

So blade won’t be effective against mercenaries??
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »

IP is not labeled as a villain, and danger sense applies. If im not mistaken, it applies to Taskmaster too, but not the others
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

IP is not labeled as a villain, and danger sense applies. If im not mistaken, it applies to Taskmaster too, but not the others

IP is labeled a villain and a member of the sinister 6.

honestly, ive been touting this as fact for awhile. I swear I saw it in a quest. Just checked, touche. I always saw hero and sinister 6
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

honestly, ive been touting this as fact for awhile. I swear I saw it in a quest. Just checked, touche. I always saw hero and sinister 6

It used to say hero and sinister 6. And it still caused danger sense with those 2 tags, indicating that a tag’s inherent villain/hero affiliation can also effect danger sense without explicitly saying #villain. In this case #sinister six was responsible.

But kabam must’ve gone through recently and changed it.
  • AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    What's odd is that mercenaries get power locked by tyranny, at least BW does anyway.
    Rektor wrote: »

It used to say hero and sinister 6. And it still caused danger sense with those 2 tags, indicating that a tag’s inherent villain/hero affiliation can also effect danger sense without explicitly saying #villain. In this case #sinister six was responsible.

honestly, thank you for saying that, i thought I was going crazy. That's how I originally interpretted danger sense. Also, danger sense applies to ex maestro who does not have tags if i remember correctly
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    A lot of skill are mercs
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    karnak is merc
  • I think that anti heroes should definitely be counted as a category
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Specifically regarding Blade's "Villain" opponents:
    28379379_1922156987802641_6349791770527662080_n.jpg?oh=30cfdcac6dabed2c9f98b58412bdca36&oe=5B3EE938
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Does it show ingame if someone is a hero or villain? Whenever I run into a node that says “villains gain power bitnhedos don’t”, I never know who to choose from my lineup. I don’t follow Marvel enough to know. I’m just addicted to this game with very little knowledge of the characters
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »

honestly, thank you for saying that, i thought I was going crazy. That's how I originally interpretted danger sense. Also, danger sense applies to ex maestro who does not have tags if i remember correctly

Yea the villain tag is not required. There’s something else going on with internal champ attributes that triggers it. But they did make tag updates. Red cyclops now says villain as well and he didn’t always.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @CondemnedToe

Thank you sooo much!
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    karnak is merc
    In AQ symbioid and who else is the other similar character should be categorized and fall under villains.