**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abrogation/Collector Boss Needs Toned Down

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
Besides Having a TON of Revives, What is the Key here? Collector becomes unstoppable, Has Regeneration, You cant evade his Specials(Even Daredevil still gets hit), PLUS A BANE NODE?? Its quite aggravating to use 10+ Lvl 2 Revives and every Health potion in my inventory and not even get him past 50% because 2-3 hits and ur K.O. Now im stuck and Unitless from buying more revives and no energy to start over. Hes a bit TOO much I think is fair to say...Any Hints, Tips???

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I heard and awakened Hulk is good because you could pop a t1 revived then beat him to death.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    Ive tried...my hulk is 5/50 sig level 50...its Raw damage but i still have to keep reviving
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Other solutions could be champs with high perfect block chances/good block proficiency. So Cap WW2 Cap, TM etc
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You have to be prepared to use revives. I saved up tons of units and revives and just smashed it out in one day. Bane helps you if you have high health champs, dormamu is a great choice you can keep him from his sp1
    Thats the thing though..what if u dont have these champs? I wana get through the game. I USED TO have a perfect block team...they nerfed it..they nerfed the perfect block masteries...Its like they're Forcing me to buy Revives...Its like If u wana beat the game u need to pay..i lt shouldnt be that way
    The act 5 chapter 2 boss should NOT be harder than ULTRON in Chaper 4
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    A lot of the answers you see, hulk, thor, etc are because you have to keep reviving, but they can do massive damage right away, whereas SL isnt mentioned because it won't be a long fight. Some other good alternatives I've seen are dormammu and og vision who can keep his power controlled immediately. I used SW with 400 units per run. Occasionally get lucky with a power lock and can use an sp2 before he kills you.

@NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE High block proficiency tends to not work because of unblockable specials and low attack
    Its unfair because no matter what you do...You WILL HAVE to revive...opposed to Ultron Act chapter 4 you can find ways to beat him without reviving...you cant say the same for collector...its unfair
    edited March 2018
    You have to be prepared to use revives. I saved up tons of units and revives and just smashed it out in one day. Bane helps you if you have high health champs, dormamu is a great choice you can keep him from his sp1

I wish I had dormmamu...only have a 3 star though... But i THOUGHT i was prepared with 12 level 2 and 3 level 1 revives...used them ALL
    Exactly...u see the BIZARRE Suggestions we have for this Guy? Lmao
    His L3 doea like 2 million damage lmao
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    His L3 specifically says it’s an insta kill... personally I used classic DD, projectile evade combined with decent perfect block chance meant I could deal about 30-40k damage on a good run
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Would have been an interesting fight if he didn't have Bane, unstoppable (or at least have a timer on unstoppable to show when it would activate) and ability accuracy decay (or unevadable specials. Any one of those two). All of these on top of other abilities just makes him unnecessarily OP and a unit sink
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Stark spidey is good, you can evade the sp1 mostly with help from dexterity. Plus if you can you can power drain on heavy. I also used drax for the bleeds although he sometimes shrugs it of but with the unlimited fury he can have he still does good damage. Also Thor with the armour breaks and fury he was also useful.
    I just brought who ever could to a good chunk of his health fast before I got killed by the first sp1 or 2. It’s also helpful to bring a good stack of units maybe 500/600. I did arena for a few weeks got a good load. Boost are also very helpful.

It depends on your roster I guess. Good luck
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It's an exercise in resource management. Yes I bought revives to beat him, but I didn't spend a dime. Grind arenas to build up units, stockpile the free crystals, save up the 2x team revives you get with every monthly login calendar, and make practice runs in ROL to build your skills.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 wrote: »
    Thats the thing though..what if u dont have these champs? I wana get through the game. I USED TO have a perfect block team...they nerfed it..they nerfed the perfect block masteries...Its like they're Forcing me to buy Revives...Its like If u wana beat the game u need to pay..i lt shouldnt be that way

Not true. There are IN GAME ways to collect revives and health pots. The Collector is not pay to play. Just be smart with your resources. You WILL have to revive, but that doesn't mean $$$
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    You can evade his special 2
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    It wouldn’t be fair to tone him down, especially when lots of us got past him.

I used a few revives but quite a few champs work on him.
  • TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    Hyperion / Magik, intercepts, aggressive fighting and luck did it for me. Took 60% in one super lucky matchup with Hyperion
    Tenacity, Unblockable Specials, Renegeration, Unstoppable, Immune to Debuffs...Nothing to do but Hope u intercept and get a few combos in before wipes the floor with u with an unblockable special
    Thanx for the input everyone but theres little skill needed for this fight and more resources...its unfair in my eyes
    It is what it is
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    On my last 3 attempts about 6 mos ago i didn't have to revive against him at all. Get a better roster or grind for revives n pots
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    The Collector style content is a cash grab. There's no way to avoid it, which is entirely intentional by KABAM. Like the Ice Phoenix a couple of quests back. Very little skill involved. The right champs help, but there is no way to completely avoid spending units. Even if it is just for boosts or other items. Pathetic that KABAM feels like this is the way to win fans approval.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Tenacity, Unblockable Specials, Renegeration, Unstoppable, Immune to Debuffs...Nothing to do but Hope u intercept and get a few combos in before wipes the floor with u with an unblockable special

Sounds like you don't want a solution, sounds like you just want to complain.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Thanx for the input everyone but theres little skill needed for this fight and more resources...its unfair in my eyes

Don’t for get it’s act 5, their not just going to give you the 5 star shards and all the rewards for nothing. Not to mention access to a whole extra uncollected event which give amazing rewards each month. Sure collectors pretty tough, but as people have said if you put the effort in, do arena and get some units for revives and get some boosts through events. Doesn’t cost any money.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    My go to champ was Vision (age of ultron), with a bit of luck (not shrugging of parry) & intercepts I was able to get a 60 hit streak against the Collector. Granted next fight I totally screwed up & got k.o.-ed in seconds 😂
    With some item management, saving units, skills & yes some luck you can take him down with 1 or 2 team level revives. Also, use boosts if u have them.

The Collector is meant to be some sort of threshold, pass it & u get access to better rewards. If it’s toned down that would be such a dissapointment & a slap in the face of so many players who used items & units to beat him (I’m still kinda pissed off that they nerfed act 4, that juggs & venom......ugh).