**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

M.O.D.O.K. Lab Nodes not working correctly

7usd7tn62scf.png

While playing Expert MODOK's Lab, I drew the "Surging Vengeance" Node. Expecting it to play out like stated (mistake on my part), I watched Deadpool's power meter fill. His first Special was a SP3. It's amazing how many of these nodes don't act right if you pay attention.

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If you push him to his 3rd special then he will use it, there’s nothing wrong with Modok’s lab. This is how that node has always worked.
  • Options
    ChrisS1506ChrisS1506 Posts: 52
    If you push him to his 3rd special then he will use it, there’s nothing wrong with Modok’s lab. This is how that node has always worked.

If he has the opportunity to use his other Specials they should fire off. I've never had this happen like this before. It's not like I was completely on offense the entire time. He had opportunity.
  • Options
    Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    And Deadpool has a huge power gain.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    He will use the sp1 first unless you push him to a second bar. After that he will only use the special 3 and it resets. That’s how that node has always worked since it was introduced in the gr monthly event. The champs don’t just throw specials when they get a bar of power if they have that node. You still have to bait it out. I had that node combine with starts with 2 bars of power. It was just like all or nothing
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ChrisS1506 wrote: »

If he has the opportunity to use his other Specials they should fire off. I've never had this happen like this before. It's not like I was completely on offense the entire time. He had opportunity.

I re-read the nodes. What the problem is, is the inevitability node. That dramatically reduces the chance of the AI using a special attack, because when they do it triggers a stun and you get hit. That’s why the ai didn’t use their special attack, it’s the opposite of spark’s taunt.

Just an odd combination of nodes, which says “ai is a bit more likely to use their special 1 first” and “ai is loads less likely to use special attacks”
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    He will use the sp1 first unless you push him to a second bar. After that he will only use the special 3 and it resets. That’s how that node has always worked since it was introduced in the gr monthly event. The champs don’t just throw specials when they get a bar of power if they have that node. You still have to bait it out. I had that node combine with starts with 2 bars of power. It was just like all or nothing

Never noticed it happen like that, but interesting...
  • Options
    ChrisS1506 wrote: »

I re-read the nodes. What the problem is, is the inevitability node. That dramatically reduces the chance of the AI using a special attack, because when they do it triggers a stun and you get hit. That’s why the ai didn’t use their special attack, it’s the opposite of spark’s taunt.

Just an odd combination of nodes, which says “ai is a bit more likely to use their special 1 first” and “ai is loads less likely to use special attacks”

Very interesting. Didn't even pay attention to that node after the first read. Thanks.