**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Late Beginner or Noob Intermediate (Game progression)

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,987 ★★★★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I started this game in July 2016, joined an alliance in November, and now I am on level 53, twelve 4*s, three awakened, four on rank 4 and struggling to obtain T4BC fragments.

I read a fair bit on the forums and picked up many tips, very appreciative on forum members contribution.

Often, I see recommendations on not to use awakening gems, not to rank certain champs and I am thinking, is it relevant to where I am in the game progression?

Perhaps it would be helpful to create an informal 'bracket' so that both the member that post and one that reply are roughly in the same 'bracket'; of course member who sits on scores of T4CCs are more than welcome to guide but at least put themselves in the shoes of the member who are only in that game progression stage.

Curious to know whereabouts I am, I think it is maybe late beginner.

So, is a max awakened 3* Hyperion (which i want to try putting on a power gain tile in AW) better than an unawakened 4* rank 3s?

Comments

• Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    Why would you think members in the same "bracket" as you would give you the best advice instead of people that have been there and made the mistakes of wasted resources.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    If you think both of them are good in your line up why not use both 3* and 4* for defense?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,380 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I started this game in July 2016, joined an alliance in November, and now I am on level 53, twelve 4*s, three awakened, four on rank 4 and struggling to obtain T4BC fragments.

I read a fair bit on the forums and picked up many tips, very appreciative on forum members contribution.

Often, I see recommendations on not to use awakening gems, not to rank certain champs and I am thinking, is it relevant to where I am in the game progression?

Perhaps it would be helpful to create an informal 'bracket' so that both the member that post and one that reply are roughly in the same 'bracket'; of course member who sits on scores of T4CCs are more than welcome to guide but at least put themselves in the shoes of the member who are only in that game progression stage.

Curious to know whereabouts I am, I think it is maybe late beginner.

So, is a max awakened 3* Hyperion (which i want to try putting on a power gain tile in AW) better than an unawakened 4* rank 3s?

Hyperion is one Champ that doesn't need to be Awakened to be efficient. I would suggest using the 4*. Although, some 3*s can do well in a pinch.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,987 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    420down wrote: »
    Why would you think members in the same "bracket" as you would give you the best advice instead of people that have been there and made the mistakes of wasted resources.

I don't mean that. Sometimes, suggestion like wait for Star-Lord to use tech awakening gem is not to me very helpful. I can be seating on it for 2 years (if I last so long on the game) and no guarantee of getting one, while using it now (albeit on a less desirable champ) could get me a bit further on Quest, AQ and AW and sustain the momentum of real progression.

I mean it should consider both short and mid-term impact instead of merely long term. Should I tell every kid I meet to aim for the highest paying job because mine is uninteresting?