**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does pacify do anything?

I'm not really seeing any noticeable difference.

Comments

• SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Yep. It's awesome.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I'm not really seeing any noticeable difference.

Yes, pacify is amazing mastery as long as you can stun. If you aren't noticing a difference you need to work fight management a bit more. Keep in mind it only had a 30% chance of being effective when maxed. You can partner it with despair for a 45% chance. Here are a couple examples of how to utilize pacify...

1) vs. Magik we know limbo has a chance to proc every time a power bar is filled. Pacify work around: attack and charge power bar maybe 1-2 hits before it turns green, you may have to stop mid combo or adjust your combo lengths. Parry and resume attacking. Result: limbo will either not proc at all or will proc but yield no benefit for magik (you don't lose health and/or she doesnt rewind damage)

2) vs. IM, SIM or IP we know that arc overload procs when they drop below 15% health. Pacify work around: once you start getting their HP down around that 15% Mark, hit that parry and continue attacking. If pacify procs, no regen.

I apologize for the long response. There are so many more examples but so im not writing a book i'll stop at 2. I hope this helps in some way, if not for you, some one else. If I can clarify anything for you let me know!

Best of luck!
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Yes. It screws you over if you have mystic dispersion. MD and pacify together... might as well shoot yourself in the leg.
    edited June 2017
    Ok now that rant is out of my system here is the actual explanation..

Pacify limits the ability of opponents to trigger Buffs while stunned and MD needs them to get Buffs to work. Secondly, Pacify doesn’t do its job very well at all - maxed out it only stops buffs from activating 30% of the time while your opponent is stunned (another way of saying this is: Pacify does absolutely nothing 70% of the time and that is 70% while opponent is stunned. It does nothing ever if opponent is not stunned).
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Yeah. 30% isn't that big and isn't noticeable at all like the unfaze mastery
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    It's great mastery for many things.

Widow might have a 50% chance to avoid thorns against a mutant in war. But attack only after a parry and you're golden.

Does wonders with limbo. What's that you say? Only 30%? Well limbo is generally only a 40% chance to happen in most cases amyway(ready the verbiage very carefully) to you've now reduced that 40% to 28% as long as you make sure you parry and then cross the threshold stunned

Pacify is a great mastery. Those that say otherwise are either gods or in t10 in war. Funny how often that happens.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Oops, well I actually meant does PETRIFY do anything...I got the two mixed up. Fml.

edited June 2017
    My explanation was quoting RoninNupe (see Dorky Dave and Ronin's mastery chat on YouTube) but you're probably right. What does he know about masteries. I mean if I had a car for sale that only started 30% of the time I am sure you would love to purchase it from me... right?
    Now Petirfy is a different story. This is a truly useful mastery. Petrify when maxed reduces your opponent's health and power gains by up to 30% while they are stunned. Not 30% of the time but BY 30%.
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    Now Petirfy is a different story. This is a truly useful mastery. Petrify when maxed reduces your opponent's health and power gains by up to 30% while they are stunned. Not 30% of the time but BY 30%.

Yeah I know, I had it a while back took it off and put it back on and quite honestly I don't see any recognizable difference in power gain. And I parry fight the entire time.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited June 2017
    ^^ doesn't reply from experience, just quotes sources ^^

Those that have and know how to use pacify love it. But since the convo has moved to petrify, let's see what bcdisman has to say about what roninnupe says.
    Actually I spent several thousand unlocking and testing all of the masteries. RoninNupe just explains it better than me. You are free to disagree and like the mastery but I did not post opinions but actual facts and stats about the mastery. Maxed it only triggers 30% of the time an opportunity is stunned and it hampers MD if it actually does trigger.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★

I agree. You're better off reducing your opponent's power gain and regen with petrify. Its really useful in AW and AQ since you will not have to bait specials that often.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I had maxed petrify to control willpower healing from parry in AW. After they nerfed regen, I don't think it's very useful. I have put only one point in it to unlock pacify. Didn't noticed any change in power gain even with maxed petrify
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Actually I spent several thousand unlocking and testing all of the masteries. RoninNupe just explains it better than me. You are free to disagree and like the mastery but I did not post opinions but actual facts and stats about the mastery. Maxed it only triggers 30% of the time an opportunity is stunned and it hampers MD if it actually does trigger.

Pacify is a great mastery even with MD I have both, this whole thing of you should have both is bs, pacify is awesome in so many situation for example fighting a high level dpxf, I've lost count the amount of times it's stopped his power gain, same goes with magik an her limbo, iron men's arc overload plus many more.
    There are so many buffs that proc that are unaffected by pacify that it's a negligible effect to fuel MD. But that's my findings an they have no less value that this Nupe guy
  • John_DoeJohn_Doe Posts: 7
    The 30% reduction is good for safeguard nodes, once cleared those on RTL will probably remove it.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    I had maxed petrify to control willpower healing from parry in AW. After they nerfed regen, I don't think it's very useful. I have put only one point in it to unlock pacify. Didn't noticed any change in power gain even with maxed petrify

I just took it off again except for 1 point to get access to pacify and I can't tell any difference again.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

I just took it off again except for 1 point to get access to pacify and I can't tell any difference again.

There isn't any noticeable reduction in power gain but it definitely reduces healing (I have checked against non-willpower opponents)

There isn't any noticeable reduction in power gain but it definitely reduces healing (I have checked against non-willpower opponents)

okay, cool, I just wanted to see if anyone else saw any difference, I dont care so much of the health portion, the power gain is much more troublesome so if it doesnt do much than Im okay with not wasting points on it. Thanks.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Pacify is great for arc overload Maestro in act 4. Make sure you parry him before his timer goes off and I he's stunned when the timer runs out you have a chance of stopping the regen for the rest of the fight. Also good for fighting non stun immune Magik in war.