**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Call it quits! after after 7 months?

KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
I need some advise! I have found myself playing this game too much is consuming my time I put at least 4hr to 5 hrs combined throughout the day. in 7 months I've managed to get 62 4*s and 5 5*s as hero rating 245k lvl 60. my rosters grows so does my desire to shot for higher scores in arenas thus making time spent on this game more and more. I'm really opened to criticism and I'm not afraid to say I do spend too much time (at least in my opinion) on this game but I'm trying to find a way to stop this is the same situation as someone trying to quit smoking or drinking I feel. so tell me forum what can I do?

Comments

• Options
    Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    Gotta quit cold turkey... :smile:
  • Options
    champz44champz44 Posts: 49
    @KyrieRed, me is sharing the same problem as you. Spending too much time on this game trying to get what i what. Maybe should try to plan only certain time to play instead of playing the whole day.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    champz44 wrote: »
    @KyrieRed, me is sharing the same problem as you. Spending too much time on this game trying to get what i what. Maybe should try to plan only certain time to play instead of playing the whole day.

yeah don't get me wrong I don't consider myself as a no life. because I do have a good paying job, family, friend and such. however I don't know what it is that I cant reduce the time playing but planning what to grind and what to do sure will help thanks
  • Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Unfortunately, the game demands too much from players. Alliance Quest requires you to be checking in on the map progress, ensuring that nodes are down, bosses are beaten, and that energy is being spent economically. This is alleviated in a way by 30 minute timers, but somehow this is seen as a a player punishment. Alliance War also requires Similar strategy at points, checking in on time and progress, while planning out fights with your fighters.

Too much drag and time lost, and this is only for Team Based Quests.

For things like Arena, if you desire the newest champ, either because you're a fan of the character, or because you like their abilities or prestige, you will have to play for an excessive amount of time to only maybe be in the top percentages to gain them. This only serves to draw out more time from your life.

Crystals are not an optimal solution either. I have watched players spend hundreds to thousands (no exaggeration) on trying for a champion from featured crystals, only to gain mostly 2-stars, and not even the desired champion.

Basically, there is no actual value over time reflected in the game.

If you really wanted to, you could just play it casually. Maybe make your focus on 2 and 3-star fighters. Just focus on the monthly events, playing the two lower difficulties for the experience of fights. If you want to try to play the harder difficulties if your time permits it, that's an option, but not a requirement. Play Arena lightly, only going for minor milestones, and keep your focus on just playing it for fun. Ignore the unending, unsatisfying grind that takes away from your days, and you might actually have more fun that way.

Most fighters have a 3-star version, and 3-stars are much easier to acquire and rank, so there is no overbearing frustration to keep grinding forever.

If you can accept that, keeping the goals smaller and simple, and letting you dictate the actual point and fun of the game, you might enjoy it a lot more, and gain a lot of your time and life back.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Take a step back. Join a lesser alliance or just focus on a couple things in the game. In 7 months you seem to have progressed as far as many do in 1 year or even more. Game can be what you make of it. I'm in a 5x5 t2AW alliance. If you just focus on those items and questing it's not to much to handle.

My suggestion is dont arena. It's a time hog. At most just get mins or just do T4B and you will see a lot of free time come back to you.

If that doesn't help the drop to a lesser alliance running a less demanding map. Or go solo for a little while. Many take breaks over time because the game does burn people out.

• Options
    Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    I need some advise! I have found myself playing this game too much is consuming my time I put at least 4hr to 5 hrs combined throughout the day. in 7 months I've managed to get 62 4*s and 5 5*s as hero rating 245k lvl 60. my rosters grows so does my desire to shot for higher scores in arenas thus making time spent on this game more and more. I'm really opened to criticism and I'm not afraid to say I do spend too much time (at least in my opinion) on this game but I'm trying to find a way to stop this is the same situation as someone trying to quit smoking or drinking I feel. so tell me forum what can I do?

I suggest join relaxing ally and play what ever you can and do not worry about rosters or new champs. That's the only way you can have fun on the game and balanced life.
  • Options
    thank you all for your comments