**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Masteries

Now that war seasons are part of the contest, I think it's time we see something like "Alliance Masteries"

These would be separate masteries than your individual masteries that could either be earned by hitting milestones as an alliance or by donating personal mastery points to the alliance treasury (which would be refunded if you got kicked or left)

Nothing too crazy, but off the top of my head I was thinking:

1. Attack
1st pt - 1% 5th - 5%

2. Regen
1st pt - 0.5%/s 5th - 2.5%/s

3. Diversity
1st pt - 0.2% champion boost for each unique defender in war
5th pt - 1% champion boost for each unique defender in war

Thoughts? Others?

Comments

• WebbaheadWebbahead Posts: 20
    Interesting and a way to add strategy to being part of an alliance.
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    Thanks @Webbahead I hope others take the time to comment so this idea can gain some traction
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Maybe you could even buff up the map nodes, have an option to choose one buff on each node so that it becomes more varied.

People taking same path can be surprised and have to play more carefully, strategize more. Masteries also is a cool idea, like each map level gives option to leaders to choose a set of 3 masteries out of say 10.
    Higher maps allow more masteries, whereas lower maps allow less.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Even if it started out as a "Pick your boost" and you had the option between Health, Attack, and something else. I would be careful to not include abilities in these, such as regen or evade, due to some nodes becoming absurd. Good idea though.
    @Primmer79 you think regen, as I've described it, would be OP? The idea was to have alliance masteries be very slight improvements for the entire alliance.... Not game changers.... I prefer regen over health boost, but didn't think it would be OP at such a low percentage... Where do you think it would be op?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Excellent concept hopefully the powers that be have a look at it.

The one issue I can see with it is, it could make matchmaking even more perilous for the sub 1% Alliances.

When a lower ranked alliance with less mastery points gets matched with a 1%er, the fights would be even more mismatched then they already are.

But overall I like this concept for AW
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    What's the point?
    @Primmer79 you think regen, as I've described it, would be OP? The idea was to have alliance masteries be very slight improvements for the entire alliance.... Not game changers.... I prefer regen over health boost, but didn't think it would be OP at such a low percentage... Where do you think it would be op?

Apologies, just seeing this now. Considering we already have regen being "OP" on nodes like 24 in upper tiers, and arc overload, and other healing nodes, I would be wary to see how recovery masteries affect these nodes. Could make nodes that already are tough, nigh impossible for some people. There are always counters, but my point is how these masteries would affect already existing nodes. Say, a mastery giving +20% to abilities, what would that do to the node already with 20% abilities, some of those interactions id be concerned about.

Don't get me wrong, I do love the idea of these masteries, or a way for an alliance to boost their defense in a selected way, but I think it should require a lot of testing and thought process with existing champions, existing nodes, and how they would be affected.
    @Primmer79 oh I totally agree, but that is why the max lvl I suggested was a 2.5% increase for something like abilities. Still think it's op?
    Also, don't forget, if kabam elected to have the masteries only achievable by alliance members personally donating their own mastery points, there would be a high cost for the gain or alliance mastery points. Might level the playing field a bit, and create a Sophie's choice over what to give up personally so your entire alliance could benefit marginally
    @Primmer79 oh I totally agree, but that is why the max lvl I suggested was a 2.5% increase for something like abilities. Still think it's op?

I think the potential to have it OP exists.

Consider a magik for example. Limbo, she'll regen 100% of the health lost. Picture her on a a 150% regen node. For sake of simplicity, I am going to ignore the exact kabam math, but depending on how that 2.5% applies, it could increase this regen. Thats my only concern, and would like to see 'normal' boosts apply and then have them expand. Kind of how our masteries are, where the first ones are straight attack and defense boosts, then later you can choose regen
    Ok, so you're not totally opposed to ability alliance masteries @Primmer79, you just think they should be harder to unlock? I'm fine with that.

Does anyone have any unique mastery suggestions that might work best in the case of an "Alliance mastery" versus an individual mastery?