**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade: kinda the new willpower?

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Blade is literally a “Swiss army Blade” 😂(I will not apologize for this pun) he shuts down an entire class, has advantage over another class and bleeds enough to melt people like AA…

Shutting down swathes of champs at a time kinda sounds like willpower at its max. That used to shut down mid range champs and even some GODS! Thor was probably the only one willing to MAYBE go against it. But Iron fist (legend run material mind you), Wolverine, X23, Black Panther, heck even 200% Bleed specials barely did anything. At the time Guillotine was a god among gods in AW… heck using Debuff-Spammers in arena was almost impossible sometimes. That shut down maybe 7(?) used champs.
And if allowed to return we would add Gwenpool, Yondu, and newly useable Luke Cage, as well as others added after its fall from grace.

Meanwhile Blade takes out:
Literally ALL of mystic save Unst Col (and maybe Morningstar) and most of science (save Luke Cage and AntMan?)

Literally 1/3 of all champs when you include P99, GG, IP, both Magnetos, Hela, Ronin, crossbones, and killmonger as well as any/all bleedable Mystic/Villain champs in the future.

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    hes fine
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Willpower? I don't follow...i've only been playing for a little over a year...WDYM by Willpower?
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    What is the point OP is trying to make cuz blade and willpower I don’t see the connection and I can beat all of those champs without blade.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    What does Blade have to do with WP. I read your whole post and you didn't really make a good comparison
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    To everyone saying they don’t get the comparison I guess I kinda failed to explain it

Willpower used to shut down a lot of top tier “player controlled” champions including ones that were used (and in some cases are still used) in legend runs and/or end game content.

Meanwhile Blade has the opposite effect in a much more extreme way. We’re Willpower had a huge weakness in Guillotine and didn’t effect the godliest of gods (SW, DS, SL, and the Marvel Twins) Blade (boosted by the trinity which is currently THE meta in top tier war) neuters not only the class he’s naturally stronger against (with the benefit of GP levels of bleeding the enemy dry) but also decimates mystic defenders as well plus miscellaneous villains that stumble along into his path.

I’m not advocating FOR his nerf nor and I advocating AGAINST it. It’s always brutal when that thing happens but I am pointing out a legitimate point that Willpower was nerfed for far less despite making Kabam much more money.

However, so I’m not annoyed senseless by people hating my observation I will conceded that he does require support (which is moot when considering that it also buffs Stark Spider giving him even faster damage output)
    Seemingly optimized as Mephisto/Dormammu and Stark spider for the wisest range of countering enemies (despite Magik counting all of Mystic shy Mephisto and Mordo but Iceman counters both of them)
  • StanLeeStanLee Posts: 9
    nah im fine with any champ
    Rektor wrote: »
    Willpower was nerfed because you could eat a hulkbuster sp2 and refill to full health.

You could purposely proc weakness or fatigue on yourself against science symbs, capt america, and refill to full.

You could let antman beat you up and refill to full. It was broken from day 1.

How the F is that “far less” than blade who can’t even refill himself to full health?

He’s not even the best champ in the trinity.

Because even AFTER the willpower nerf none of those champs (save MAYBE AntMan) are even any good to begin with.

And considering Magik, Dormammu, Mephisto, and even Mordo have all had massive outcries for nerfing for a SINGLE champ to walk in like “My name is Blade, you killed my father, prepare to die” it’s fair to say he’s effectively a champion designed to spit in the face of alliance war defense making and him TECHNICALLY a nerf unto himself.

And I WISH I could see past this as just another AAR champ but it’s sooooo much worse than him being AAR. It’s the fact he is passively AAR ignoring AAR-Immunity (something a bit paradoxical LBH) but it’s kinda a side effect. Regen, parry bleed, and decent specials but also the ability to shut down 1/3 of an alliance defense (which BTW Mystic is easily the top defense class with science being 2nd-3rd easily)

Widow at least shuts down a class she already has an advantage over while blade dominates Mystic and gets a nice attack bonus on science

Blade has insane control for such passivity on part with widow but lacks the catch that every other AAR champ with other abilities has (GP Combo, AA double debuff etc…)

Blade also dominates villains if he so chooses giving him even more matchups

Blade even enhances 2 already top tier champs GR and Stark Spider. For seemingly little reason on stark spider’s end

That bleed and regen not only lets him easily cut through enemies but stay in with ease that many champions with comic book healing factors envy

Literally dominates 1/3 of champions and has bleed (and SS to back him up when they don’t bleed)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Rektor wrote: »
    Willpower was nerfed because you could eat a hulkbuster sp2 and refill to full health.

You could purposely proc weakness or fatigue on yourself against science symbs, capt america, and refill to full.

You could let antman beat you up and refill to full. It was broken from day 1.

How the F is that “far less” than blade who can’t even refill himself to full health?

He’s not even the best champ in the trinity.

Because even AFTER the willpower nerf none of those champs (save MAYBE AntMan) are even any good to begin with.

And considering Magik, Dormammu, Mephisto, and even Mordo have all had massive outcries for nerfing for a SINGLE champ to walk in like “My name is Blade, you killed my father, prepare to die” it’s fair to say he’s effectively a champion designed to spit in the face of alliance war defense making and him TECHNICALLY a nerf unto himself.

And I WISH I could see past this as just another AAR champ but it’s sooooo much worse than him being AAR. It’s the fact he is passively AAR ignoring AAR-Immunity (something a bit paradoxical LBH) but it’s kinda a side effect. Regen, parry bleed, and decent specials but also the ability to shut down 1/3 of an alliance defense (which BTW Mystic is easily the top defense class with science being 2nd-3rd easily)

Widow at least shuts down a class she already has an advantage over while blade dominates Mystic and gets a nice attack bonus on science

Blade has insane control for such passivity on part with widow but lacks the catch that every other AAR champ with other abilities has (GP Combo, AA double debuff etc…)

Blade also dominates villains if he so chooses giving him even more matchups

Blade even enhances 2 already top tier champs GR and Stark Spider. For seemingly little reason on stark spider’s end

That bleed and regen not only lets him easily cut through enemies but stay in with ease that many champions with comic book healing factors envy

Literally dominates 1/3 of champions and has bleed (and SS to back him up when they don’t bleed)

Regardless of how much I like the princess bride reference, I have to say I disagree mightily with what you’re saying. Firstly, willpower helped increase many champs usefulness. With willpower you couldn’t take any lower levelled debuff stacking champ into a fight in arena. You’d have to take them with two non-debuff champs and take a 2-1 loss in the series. Once it was nerfed, Deadpool X force, black panther, Antman, joe fixit, Luke cage, ultron, iron patriot, iron fist, Netflix daredevil, spiderman, iron man and many more champs became ones that you could take into a fight as a 3-30 and beat a 5-50.

Not to mention you could never take those champs into war as an attacker. It may seem that I’m only mentioning low tier champs, but the high tier champs that you had that inflicted a lot of debuffs were able to outdamage a lot of the regen, like scarlet witch.

Without the willpower nerf, I wouldn’t love my black panther as much as I do now. He was my second rank 4 5*, due to limited options but with his insane bleed stacking and crazy damage for a mid tier champ. I’m very happy with him and I don’t think I’d rank him down even given the opportunity.

My second gripe with what you’ve said is, so what? I don’t get the whole annoyance with blade countering stuff save for because you don’t have him. Why is something that saves people units and revives ergo money, a bad thing? You don’t get units from your dormamu deggenning someone to death, you get units by saving them on revives.

Blade has made war about skill again, it’s now about which team can skillfully get the least KOs by fighting well, because a matter of 5 deaths per battlegroup can spell defeat. It’s not about setting your magik, dormamu, Mephisto, mordo and juggernaut defence and watch people rack up 20 KO on them because mystic dispersion gives them L3 in 10 seconds while they get degenned, incinerated or limboed to death.
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Its like this month event. Blade isn't really a good match-up against all the champs presented. I don't see Blade Power Locking Bishop ect. So why not nerf AA and Magic then. Every champ has strong/weak points. Don't see what nerfing posts help
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    You don't think mystic like voodoo shuts down most of cosmic? It's how he was designed get over it
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Whereas willpower can make all of your champs survive against "gods" blade is his own champ.

Didn't you just say the other day you didn't know what danger sense was??

P.S. I really like using my blade against morningstar and UCol. Ucol won't go unstoppable and morningstar doesn't bleed as much. If you do bleed, if you have power, its a short bleed, or you just regen from it anyway.
    @AlCapone2727

Voodoo shuts down cosmic but he doesn’t ALSO have a class advantage against tech and negate ALL abilities of defensive champs in tech (like how Blade shuts down 2 classes)