**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Nerf Blade?

LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
I know if kabam decides to nerf we cant stop it but I own a 5* unduped and let me tell you hes not that immpressive as every one says then again i pulled him with my 1/1 featured pull which makes me feel spcl as im a ftp player, maybe my opinion change if i dupe him but really hes only good against dimensional and villain champs with synergy, hes not ans to everything.
I do own a 5* r4 undupped GR which is fun even funnier with synergy as every hit deals the required judgement.
Sparky 4* maxed becomes really good as well.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    What will it take for these damned threads to stop being made? If kabam don’t nerf blade they carry on, if kabam nerf blade then the forum is full of people complaining about blade nerf

What do you know, we agree. ;)
  • Options
    SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    cuz overused

There's no such thing as overusing a Champ in this game.

Unless it's Blade.
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    He’s good against mystics and villains with synergies. Everyone brings them to war. Otherwise he’s decent but nothing to adjust. Any change would make him average or a bit below. Think 90% of the player base that got him to get around mystics and unavoidable damage will stand for that? Please let this die. It’s been addressed and just drama at this point.
  • Options
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    in other games, the term overused refers to when one (or very few) characters/items/etc is used very significantly more than anything else.

in a game with hundreds of characters, there are 5 specific characters that over 90% of the playerbase picks and uses in over 90% of their games. thise characters are overused.

or a game where you can pick one from 9 different teams, you play online and see that over 90% of your matches are against the same one team. that is overuse.

as for this game, all i'm gonna say is. the other day i checked the trophy thing (where you check the highest ranked players, i think?) and an absurdly high amount of them had the same champ as their profile icon. an amount as absurd as me saying "90%" on my examples

The point I'm making is that it doesn't make a difference to the overall design or balance if there is a particular Champ that's popular. Not in this game. It's always changing, and with new Champs added every month, things always shift eventually. Naturally, the internal data on who is used more serves a purpose for their own statistics, but there's no actual limit on popularity. If there is significant reason to examine that Champ, as in the case of the previous God Tier, that is a different story. 12.0 wasn't brought about because too many people used those Champs. People were using them too much because of the underlying issues that led to the changes. Subsequently, Blade is not the same level of all-round, and we have an entirely new system in place, and they've taken steps to make sure that won't likely happen again. He may be good and he may be used a lot, but that doesn't mean there is a need to address it.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Overuse? "Overuse" is balance. Not every champ can be good everywhere. There are counters everywhere for specific nodes. Blade is a counter for a very limited # of champs. You have to use synergy spots to make up for that. If there's a balance issue like so many people arr saying, buff the underpowered champs to an appropriate level. Nerfs make no one happy. Proper buffs do.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Kabam “balances” champs when they are used by a large part of the community. This was the reason SW Thor DS were nerfed a year back.

So with so many blades running around and seen everywhere....
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    edited March 2018
    When Thor, Strange, Widow and Scarlet was nerfed Dev. give rank down tickets and say that they will be more carefull on releasing new champs. Also they say that IF they will make another error in releasing a champs they will give rank down ticket.
    I save and buy 5* shards for Blade for a long time. I will really be disappointed if they will nerf him now that I spend awekening and a lot of sig. stones
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Kabam “balances” champs when they are used by a large part of the community. This was the reason SW Thor DS were nerfed a year back.

So with so many blades running around and seen everywhere....

Not true. The reason given was that there was a wedge driven between haves and have nots and all new content created had to be difficult for those with, and turned out damn near impossible without. This won’t happen with blade as no content is being created with the purpose of neutering blade. He shines in Aw where it’s fine to have 4 or 5 bladers in your battlegroup and you’re fine.
  • Options
    You're both somewhat off. With the Synergies and Abilities those Champs had, they literally couldn't create any new content that was a challenge because the percentages ensured those Champs would cut through it. They were at an impass for new content. Which is why they not only changed the Champs, they introduced the DR System. It wasn't popularity or conflicts between Players. They couldn't create content that those Champs couldn't obliterate.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Maybe if you all stop responding to these pointless threads ... these people with nothing else to do but start a turf war over blade will just go back to doing nothing in their mommas basement. #trollyalater

Don't think so. It's like that Old Wives' Tale about plucking grey hairs. Two more grow back.
  • Options
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    Nerf him coz I don't have him... Nerf Blade!!!

Triggered Blade fanboy spotted
  • Options
    Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    ugh these nerf blade threads need to stop and the argument that he's can go right out window if i used Ultron for everything what are ya gonna do nerf Ultron?
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It will happen, whether we want it to or not. Likely they won't "nerf" the champ, but they will "nerf" the synergy that makes him what he is.

There will be outcry, but not nearly as much as 12.0.
  • Options
    Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187
    No need to nerf. Hopefully no dumb plans to nerf.
    I am Curious if anyone that is asking for Blade to be nerfed actually has him or just jealous they don't? Seems its people who do not. He has his soft spots and is not overpowered.
  • Options
    Pr0t0t7p3 wrote: »
    I am Curious if anyone that is asking for Blade to be nerfed actually has him or just jealous they don't? Seems its people who do not. He has his soft spots and is not overpowered.

Only Blade fanboys don't want him to be nerfed.
  • Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Snaggle wrote: »
    Pr0t0t7p3 wrote: »

Only Blade fanboys don't want him to be nerfed.

Only people who don't have him and salty cause their defense didn't get as many kills as they expected to, want him to be nerfed.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    there's so much paranoia going around about nerfing someone whom Kabam has stated won't nerf. Seriously.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    there's so much paranoia going around about nerfing someone whom Kabam has stated won't nerf. Seriously.

I mean, kabam stated they won’t nerf scarlet witch a few months before they did...