**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Cosmic Awakening Gems Curse

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
0uddag2dldd0.png
3ruybrjbng30.png
q4upn6d4jsrp.png
p9ttcabjom83.png
kpggtguizko6.png
tpakmkcvjoyt.png
bddg0jx6v74y.png

Has anyone else had 3 of the same 5* class awakening gems at one time and then gone months without pulling a 5* champion of that class? If so I could use advice on how to mix things up to try to appease the RNG gods.

Comments

• GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    Lol dude u r in deep trouble
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I've been sitting on a 5* Cosmic AG for over a year. Have plenty of 5* cosmics but they all bottom feeders. Just last night pulled another cosmic and it was Venompool. Nothing worth using it on. I'll just continue to save it.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I've been sitting on a 5* Cosmic AG for over a year. Have plenty of 5* cosmics but they all bottom feeders. Just last night pulled another cosmic and it was Venompool. Nothing worth using it on. I'll just continue to save it.

I received cosmic gems from 5.3, 5.4, and LOL. It doesn’t help that there are only a few 5* cosmic champs who are worth awakening. With the new AW Seasons rank rewards and me being half way through LOL the only champions worth using a gem on are Medusa, Hyperion, and Hela. At this point I would consider awakening King Groot and taking him to r4 solely for AW defense.

Captain Marvel and Drax are also worth awakening but they wouldn’t add anything to my AQ and AW teams. I may end up grinding arena whale style when Proxima Midnight and/or Corvus Glaive drop. They’re both rumored to counter auto-block and Corvus Glaive sounds especially promising.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I mean...you could always do phoenix for prestige...and ronan is pretty good once duped....lol
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I had 3 mutant awakening gems at one point. Used one on NC just because he’s fun to play with. But I pulled plenty of mutants when I had all 3. Cable, blues cyclops, red cyclops(dupe) old man Logan, NC, gambit, beast, then beast dupe. All in the same month trying to get iceman or AA. Since I awakened NC I’ve pulled him twice....
  • ob1spykerob1spyker Posts: 7
    Could be worse .... you could be stuck with 3 - 5 Science AG .... load of **** right there.
    Myself and an ally mate were in that exact position with no good prospects in sight for a good long time. I just don’t know how you pull 5 of the same gem, if it’s all random. Sometimes it just feels predetermined.
    @taojay1 Thanks for the laugh. Prestige Wars are dead and will stay dead until the new AQ Season drops. T2ACs are the new bottleneck resource and even top AQ alliances can only get 5,400 shards per AQ cycle not counting Map 6 crystals. Just under 4 AQ cycles per month means AQ can only give less than 21,600 T2AC shards per month at the cost of not using glory to buy other resources. AW > AQ and AW defenders > Prestige, period.

Phoenix has high potential if you know how to use her sp1 and sp2 to cycle phoenix charges and fury and Ronan wrecks anyone who activates lots of buffs. Still not tempted at all to awaken them since only Medusa, Hyperion, King Groot, and possibly Hela would add anything to my AQ and AW lineup.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I had 3 mutant awakening gems at one point. Used one on NC just because he’s fun to play with. But I pulled plenty of mutants when I had all 3. Cable, blues cyclops, red cyclops(dupe) old man Logan, NC, gambit, beast, then beast dupe. All in the same month trying to get iceman or AA. Since I awakened NC I’ve pulled him twice....

@Deadbyrd9 Thanks for the input, bit of a relief to know other players get screwed too lol

ob1spyker wrote: »
    Could be worse .... you could be stuck with 3 - 5 Science AG .... load of **** right there.
    Myself and an ally mate were in that exact position with no good prospects in sight for a good long time. I just don’t know how you pull 5 of the same gem, if it’s all random. Sometimes it just feels predetermined.

@ob1spyker I'd love a science awakening gem for Hulk Ragnarok. 3-5 though??? My math might be off but I think 3 of the same class pulls has a .4-.5% chance of happening (1/6 X 1/6 X 1/6). 5 of the same class is nearly unthinkable.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    At least Cosmic is a rich class. Hyperion Medusa all top tier champions when awakened.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    RONAN! Shuts down ANYONE using a buff including most Uncollected bosses and entire lanes in 5.4 and decent chunks of War and AQ
  • AythemAythem Posts: 20
    With any luck we'll be getting a bunch of Thanos' Black Order and they're from space so hopefully there will be some more good cosmics.
    avo89e56c6wx.jpeg

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRfvDWmdg8RwZTLIRKECpVrJTzvKBSgHLQfRbYXp6lv58V0W3Zc5zBVlJhOICveCOCylIhOKI1L5g3j/pub

5tabhg841dw8.png
    oty12gkpcxef.png
    z8qci0kc3u0e.png
    or6t8zyzp7d2.png

If Corvus Glaive is able to shut down autoblock 100% I’ll be using this strategy in his 5* arena:

mbre6and0tu5.jpeg