**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T1a bottleneck

Kabam now you have started to make 5* shards and therefore heros more available could you please revisit the cost to rank them certainly at lower levels? I am talking specifically about the number of t1a, Where i understand you want to keep the cost high to attain the higher levels of champions 5x t1a just to go from rank 1 to rank 2 is ridiculous similar to go rank 2 to 3. I currently have 16 5* heros at rank 1 thats 80 t1a i would need just to take them to tier 2. I will never catch up. Should be more like 1 or 2 t1a for rank 1 to 2 and 2 or 3 t1a rank 2 to 3

Comments

• Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Corby11 wrote: »
    Kabam now you have started to make 5* shards and therefore heros more available could you please revisit the cost to rank them certainly at lower levels? I am talking specifically about the number of t1a, Where i understand you want to keep the cost high to attain the higher levels of champions 5x t1a just to go from rank 1 to rank 2 is ridiculous similar to go rank 2 to 3. I currently have 16 5* heros at rank 1 thats 80 t1a i would need just to take them to tier 2. I will never catch up. Should be more like 1 or 2 t1a for rank 1 to 2 and 2 or 3 t1a rank 2 to 3

Welcome to the club. This is a game of progression. If you can't rank up it's not because of the lack of resources, it's because you're not "there" yet. Join an alliance that does Map 3 all week and you'll have enough T1 alphas to rank all your champs. Good luck!
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    And by the way, there's only a handful of 5*s that will go past Rank 1 anyway. I have 21 5*s and only 3 are rank 4, 3 are rank 3, and 2 are rank 2. The rest are R1.
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    Hi raffster no its deff recources, with the new arena i am pulling 4k+ 5* shards every week from 3v3 plus 3.5k from the current mordok lab plus 500+ from SA another 500+ from weekly alliance events and up to 1800 from AW so just aout a 5* a week. Even blowing all my glory on t1a from the store i can only pick up 8 or 9 t1a a week, that don't even take my new 5* to rank 3.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Corby11 wrote: »
    Hi raffster no its deff recources, with the new arena i am pulling 4k+ 5* shards every week from 3v3 plus 3.5k from the current mordok lab plus 500+ from SA another 500+ from weekly alliance events and up to 1800 from AW so just aout a 5* a week. Even blowing all my glory on t1a from the store i can only pick up 8 or 9 t1a a week, that don't even take my new 5* to rank 3.

Yeah. They sent out offers for people to buy but it didnt fundamentally change the shortages.

Biggest issues for me are gold and t1 alpha for end game.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom true but t1a is a huge block, wasn't such an issue before because it took longer to gather the 5* shards. I am simply saying if you make 5* more readily available you should make the resources to rank them more available or reduce the amount of resourses required to maintain parity within the game. having limiting factors to ranking at higher levels is fair enough but initial rank up of heros shouldnt be so stifled
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    In the past few months Kabam has offered close to double digit deals that contained tons of T1ACs, both in unit and $ deals. T2ACs are the new bottleneck, you can join an alliance that gets multiple T1ACs per week from alliance quest milestones and expert tier glory rewards are enough to get 5 per SQ cycle.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    U don’t need to rank up every trash champ u have. Some aren’t worth taking past rank 1
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    My only issue about the t1 alpha or gold bottleneck is that it is such a basic resource that is the bottleneck. If it was t4 basic which is a rare resource, or t4c, then I would understand. But it’s a resource that you would find hard to get at the start of the game, not when you’re 3 years in.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The whole game is one MASSIVE grind, if you want the good stuff you have to play constantly.

So either just accept that it will take months to get certain things, spend thousands of dollars or play 24hrs a day.

The Meta for Alliance play needs to be adjusted its the cause of a lot issues in the game.

Do you really need to rank up every 5* Champ you get? If you didn’t need 5 for AW Defense 3 for Attack 3 more for AQ and 5 more for questing would you put so much emphasis on ranking up every champ?
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    My thought is that Kabam has tied a lot of the higher resources to those of us that are uncollected, including the uncollected quest. Why not add +5 T1A to the uncollected monthly reward? Uncollected summoners have a large roster of 5*s and are in more need of T1A.

Or...

As it has been asked many times...the alpha arena - add more milestones each with T1A was the reward.
    Like this:
    800,000 = 1 alpha/2k premium
    1.5M = 1 alpha
    3.0M = 1 alpha

This will allow more resources, but not flood the game. Personally I would like more in the alpha arena AND monthly.
  • Options
    Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    edited March 2018
    People just want to rank up too fast.

Give it 2 weeks and you will have enough resources to rank whatever champ you want, then wait the same again and repeat.

If your wanting to rank a 5* daily then obviously resources won’t be there!

This is very true especially with small amounts of Gold, Units, and T1 and T2 Alphas.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Give it 2 weeks and you will have enough resources to rank whatever champ you want, then wait the same again and repeat.

I agree with this. It takes some time to save Resources when it comes to Ranking higher Rarities. Ever since Shards became more available and 6*s were introduced, the drive to Rank 5*s faster has grown. They're still the same rarity, and it'll take longer to Rank one than a 4*. There would be little balance in progression if people were Ranking 4s and 5s at the same rate.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I agree with this. It takes some time to save Resources when it comes to Ranking higher Rarities. Ever since Shards became more available and 6*s were introduced, the drive to Rank 5*s faster has grown. They're still the same rarity, and it'll take longer to Rank one than a 4*. There would be little balance in progression if people were Ranking 4s and 5s at the same rate.

Am i correct in assuming you don’t have a 6*? The problem is that they take what, 500k gold to level up. It’s a huge chunk of gold. For a 5* rank 4 to rank up to rank its 500k for the rank up itself alone. It’s around 1.2mil for the entire rank up. When the time comes to rank 6* up I think it will be around 2 million gold for rank 1 to 2. That is a ridiculous sum when the ways of us getting gold are the exact same as when Aq season 1 was introduced.
  • Options
    for me as a arenagrinder gold is no bottleneck whatsoever. and i do agree with the sentiment that 5* should rank slower than 4*.
    but i also feel that limiting progress with the most "common" ressource is a bad design.
    if your limited by t5b, t2a or t4cc, even t4b i can understand that as limiting us in the lategame progression, but t1a is, in the gameranking below t4b.
    you need t4b first to 4*r4/5*r2 while you need t1a to 4*r3 for the first time. in the lower tiers you get them so often you sell them cause you cant get enough iso/champs to use all of them while when you get past 400k pi your starving for those to r2/3 your 5*s.
    kabam did a great job with the t4b, with any expert tier ally you can get quite a few each week, but you dont see any t1a after map3 except from glory store, monthly event quest and the ally 3day events.
    i hate that i have to r5 4* when i rather would r3 5* but i cant afford them cause of the t1a. i need 4 t1a to fully max out a 4* but i need 10 of them to r3 a 5*. funny about that, to r4 a 4* i need 3 t4b but i need only 2 for a r2 on the 5*.
    im at over 550k pi now but instead of spending my glory on t2a half of my glory goes to t1a, the one ressource i sold back at 200k pi cause they expired on me. thats not me complaining about leveling slow, its me trying to explain that it feels crapy if your not limited by the rare but the common ressource.
    put a daily quest in the game like the proving grounds, give more t1a for the milestones in arenas (instead of phc/3* shards for all i care), make the bottleneck the t4/5basic and the t4cc/t2a again.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I agree with everything everyone says haha...there should be a bottleneck of resources but don’t think it should be t1as. Considering the average player can only rank 4 a certain amount of 5* because of t2as and obviously only 1 rank 5 because t5bc are scarce. What’s the harm of being able to rank 3 5* faster if they introduce more t1a? And gold rewards need a massive update in the game. Getting 100-500 gold per fight in uncollected monthly quest is just insulting.
  • Options
    Ranking to higher levels is already controlled by t4b and t4cc, it shouldn't be limited further by the t1a especially at LOWER RANK levels which is all I am talking about. The 5* are much less rare than they used to be and the rate at which you can obtain t1a is now becoming a limiting factor to ranking them up.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I don’t see the rush to rank up most 5*. I’m at the point where I can only get t2 alphas from aw seasons, map 6, and monthly event quests. I’ve doen act5, LoL 100%, etc. So I’m just saving resources to have whatever I need to take a champ to rank 3 if I pull someone I immediately want to use. Ranking up my current 5* only gets me a few more points in arena and I’m not a big grinder so to me that’s just not worth it. I have 2 6* and I don’t want to level one up due to the gold cost. I know I don’t grind enough arena to get the gold to use all my resources anyway. So I just save until I’m maxed on alphas, or t4basics, or t4cc and then I’ll rank someone. That’s just how I play my account