**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suggestion to Mitigate Piloting in High Tier AW

It’s pretty well accepted by the community that there is a great deal of piloting that occurs in higher tier AW. It’s pretty easy to spot when it happens. A player dies to a tough node, usually a challenging r4 defender placed in an unexpected position. Hours generally then go by before the next time a fight against that defender is attempted. Then on the eventual next fight, the defender is dropped without denting the attackers health. The gap in time between fights likely signifies the original attacker waiting on a pilots availability.

I’m sure that some of these instances are legitimate and the attacker is taking an extended break before fighting again to grind units for potions, boosts, etc. However this is likely the small minority with the vast majority being pilot related. This is incredibly common in high tier AW. I see it on multiple occasions almost every war.

I have a simple recommendation to mitigate this problem and restore a higher degree of competitive balance to AW. Just install a timer after the loss of the first attack bonus. If more than 5 minutes pass after the initial death, the opposing team loses the 2nd attack bonus. If more than 10 minutes pass, the opposing team loses the 3rd. This would make it more challenging for the player to find an available pilot in the short time available before losing the attack bonus.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sometimes if I KO to a powerful node I want to use boosts. But I don’t want to waste boosts one one fight when the next one has a linked node to it. So i wait for my buddy to take out the linked node so I boost up and the boost lasts two fights. If your system was introduced then I would either need to forgo the boosts, or forgo points.

Plus, the general consensus is that pilots usually take over accounts of players who can’t fight completely and then just play for them. Interesting idea but I don’t think it would work.