Options

Seems like Blade has eliminated a lot of the typical AW boss choices. Who now??

2»

Comments

• Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    I've got 5* Blade but I don't even bring him to war. Vision for the bleed node, miniboss specific counter and Voodoo for anything else+boss. Still manage to 1 shot majority of the meta bosses. If Voodoo is not a good match for a boss someone else will bring a good counter and 1 shot it anyway. It's not about Blade. In my opinion, someone like GG or Ultron is a good boss, they can regen and at least timeout 1 attacker. So that's full attack bonus lost. But then someone can bring medusa or nullify champion for Ultron and Void for GG. So overall all champions have a counter be it Blade or not it doesn't matter. Stop blaming it on Blade just because you can't get full attack bonus and others can. Use diversity on other nodes. I've died more to unexpected defenders rather than common meta defenders.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My alliance places void as boss and he gets at least one kill a war in tier 2 wars. Until he constantly gets 0, he will remain the boss in my bg
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Keep setting up those mystic defenders. They were the better chances at kills until the beasts were let out. Eventually you’ll learn we got that mystic gimmick on lock. Learn or perish
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Sentinels shouldn't be villains. They have no ill intent. No intent at all!
  • Options
    Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    Agent Venom OG Spidey (duped) Ultron YJ and Iceman would all be great defenders even with Blade bein here and Blade is being made out to be some kinda swiss army knife which he isnt. he can and does hit road blocks like every other champ. yes he is useful in some circumstances but not all of em. you just need to think about some old school/unexpected champs and put em up as bosses until you find something that works
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Ultron and yj are villains. .. so blade gets a huge boost in attack vs them not to mention the ability reduction (ultron evade/used blade for last story boos 😈)
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Lunae wrote: »
    Rektor wrote: »
    It’s funny watching people explain the various choices to OP and then watch as he ignores all your posts to get straight to his point about nerfing blade.

Nerf Ghulk while you’re at it. He destroys dorm, magik, and mephisto easier than blade and doesn’t need a specific team to do it.

Lol if I pulled ghulk I wouldn’t even use blade, id just use iceman magik and him. Bringing in ghost is really a bigger burden then people say, at least to me, not that it matters with spidey on the team since he can just handle the villains anyway.

Yes I agree

GR isn't exactly the best champ to fight with in the first place, I'm getting really fed up of his complicated abilities but his synergy with blade means I have to bring him for danger sense to work on villains
  • Options
    And Hulk (Ragnarok) is truly a one man pummel machine.. he is my favourite atm
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Having Magik as an AW boss has been unviable since AA. Blade just exacerbated it.

Placing Magik on anything but a debuff immune, double immune or bleed immune is stupid.
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Blade is not a good check vs. Spiderman, Medusa, or NC. IMO duped Spiderman is the best final boss for war.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Blade is not a good check vs. Spiderman, Medusa, or NC. IMO duped Spiderman is the best final boss for war.

Crossbones slaughters Spiderman
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    We tried something different and put r4 spidey as boss this war, he got 0 kills, was soloed by 5* blade.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    Some old classics that still rip in Wars, just YouTubers blast bs about them not being good detered everyone away.
    Ultron.
    Yellowjacket.
    Iceman.
    Spider-Man (Classic).
    Venom.
    Captain Marvel.
    King Groot.
    Nightcrawler.
    Rogue.
    Wolverine.
    Cyclops.
    Scarlet Witch.
    Black Widow.
    Vision.
    Archangel.

Some new ones...
    Green Goblin.
    Taskmaster.
    Sentinel.
    Void.
    Hulk (Ragnarok).
    Killmonger.
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Medusa.
    Kingpin.
    Blade.

Blade is not an Unstoppable god of the Contest and just as the would-be kings and gods before him,
    Hyperion, Gwenpool, Iceman, Archangel... to name a few...
    More will come and make Blade look small, when really everyone has a part to play in the Contest...

Gotta be specific here. Is that for AW defence or attack. Wolverine, KG, YJ Cyclops are not quite good on both phases of alliance wars
  • Options
    Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    Kabam might nerf Blade...

that would be a dumb idea