**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's not just Pure Skill that is worthless, Pierce is worthless too

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
With the free mastery reset, I decided to do some testing on Pierce to see how it is currently performing. I tested using 5* Storm against RoL WS with full mutant support synergies so I would crit frequently. I tried Pierce at all 3 levels with a few different mastery setups, and pretty much without fail, the following is the bottom line:

Each point in Pierce increases your damage on critical hits by ~1 to 1.1%. So, if you crit for 3000, each point in Pierce is adding just 30 damage.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this seems like a waste of mastery points to me. Much like Pure Skill, the juice is not worth the squeeze.

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Diminishing returns has ruined way too many masteries
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Nice thanks for the info.
  • Options
    MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    But in the Pierce's description it says: 5% each point. So is this a bug?
  • Options
    MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    But in the Pierce's description it says: 5% each point. So is this a bug?

Ignores 5% of armor I mean.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It works better against some opponents than others... The higher the armor rating on your opponent, the better pierce will be.

It can't ignore armor if the opponent doesn't have any, similarly, if the opponent has lots of armor (HB, Colossus, etc) you will see it being MORE useful.
  • Options
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    It works better against some opponents than others... The higher the armor rating on your opponent, the better pierce will be.

It can't ignore armor if the opponent doesn't have any, similarly, if the opponent has lots of armor (HB, Colossus, etc) you will see it being MORE useful.

Doesn't RoL WS have beefed up armor higher than 99.9% of the fights you will encounter?

Cause that's so I tested on...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

Doesn't RoL WS have beefed up armor higher than 99.9% of the fights you will encounter?

Buster would be a better example.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I got rid of these garbage masteries. Just went back to full cruelty and precision.
  • Options
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

Buster would be a better example.

I didn't want to test on anyone who gets armor up buffs as that could change the numbers based upon the number of armor ups at any given point in the fight. Likewise, I didn't want to use a champ with fury for the same reason.

I did want class advantage optimal synergies to magnify it as much as possible.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Wow didn't even think of this. Surely Kabam will fix this in a timely manner /s.
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I've felt this about Limber and other masteries....
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Pierce wasn't that good pre12.0 now it's a waste of 2 points. I'm surprised how many people still use it.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What about testing it on an unduped Collosus. Because he either has 0 armour ups or 1 armour up. Might be easier
  • Options
    PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Diminishing returns. The nail in the coffin to this game imo. It doesn't piggyback any ability or mastery pre12.0. Does not belong in a mobile fighting game. My guess is that it had to do with the whole switch with gears and BS. They left the DR and CR. Which since all this, I've given up on the nerdy **** of "well if I add this, and put this together, it'll give me this team and it'll be fun!"

All the technical stuff is in the hands of Kabam's new system. Which used to be fun to have control over our champs
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I dropped it down to r1 not too long ago as well
  • Options
    I got rid of these garbage masteries. Just went back to full cruelty and precision.

Yeah me 2