**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Looking for Act 5 Chapter 2 advice

SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I had been progressing through Act 5 without too much trouble, but now that I've hit 5.2.3 it's like I'm up against a brick wall. I get part of the way through, but always end up needing revives/health to make it through.

I'm looking for some friendly advice:
  • Which path in 5.2.3 is the easiest?
  • What team should I bring (see screenshot below)?
  • Did you personally have to use resources to revive/restore health or were you able to complete it without?
  • How much more difficult are 5.2.4, 5.2.5, and 5.2.6 relative to 5.2.3?

d6mtt5thdkfs.png

My goal is to run through Act 5 Chapter 2 once to become Uncollected. Any guidance on how to get through these last 4 parts of the chapter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    You have the tools, rogue will be great asset against iceman in 5.2.5 or 5.2.4 (can't remember which one, one of these, its stacked iceman right before boss) as without her debuff reduction passive you have to pay through that fight. Everything else is pretty much easy but you will need some revieves on collector as this fight is designed as cashgrab without any way to counter it other than wallet/saving resources
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I've recently been able to become Uncollected. I'll tell you this: It's hard, but worth it.
    5.2.4 is like 5.2.3 but in reverse. Rely on AA to run through them, for the heal block, or use Guillotine for heal reversal. You've got a good team for both maps. For the Masochism map use Thor; you'll still be able to parry, which is good. They're both somewhat difficult but i only needed 2 or so revives on both. You need a bleed immune for one of them (forget which) as the boss has caltrops. As for the easiest paths, I used Seatin's guide on YouTube
    5.2.5 is really easy, as long as you figure out how to fight bane. I found going down the right, on the Arc Overload path, easiest, as AA makes cakework of the nodes and defenders.
    5.2.6 is similarly easy at first; I used Seatin's guide for this path as well. bring a bleed immune for Yondu and you should be fine. When you get to the Collector...well, say goodbye to your revives. I had to use maybe 6-7 L2 Team Revives and 2-4 individual L2 Team revives. Using a duped Hulk will save you $$$ on revives, & using Daredevil will help you evade those specials.
    Quake's also good for Bane; if you never hit them you never start the timer. So I'd suggest CW-AA-Thor-SL-and one of your choice for 5.2.3&4. For 5.2.5&6, use Quake-AA-SL-DD-and duped hulk if you have him.
    Good luck!
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    Thanks! Great advice.
  • Moved this over to the Strategy and Tips section of the Forum.
    edited March 2018
    I'm through 5.2.3 and was making a run for 5.2.4 (using Seatin's suggestion for easiest path), when about halfway through I was ambushed by an Electro, who really screwed things up for me. I had to back out. What's the likelihood of getting ambushed by him again? Nowhere did I see any forewarning that I may need to face him in an ambush... If I can expect him again, what's the best strategy for fighting him?

FYI, here's the next row of champs:

s9svbbmmxqw3.png
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I don't think it's a high chance I only remember being ambushed once and it was by a 20k cable forget what map. I believe you should be safe to run the same path again without worry of another ambush
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    I don't think it's a high chance I only remember being ambushed once and it was by a 20k cable forget what map. I believe you should be safe to run the same path again without worry of another ambush

Thanks! This is what I was hoping to hear. :)

Mind you it was December when I became uncollected so don't remember for sure but I mean the point of an ambush is to surprise you and so it wouldn't make sense to have an ambush to happen at the same spot everytime cause then there would be notes about be ready for this ambush on seatin or someone else's notes
    edited March 2018

Mind you it was December when I became uncollected so don't remember for sure but I mean the point of an ambush is to surprise you and so it wouldn't make sense to have an ambush to happen at the same spot everytime cause then there would be notes about be ready for this ambush on seatin or someone else's notes

I totally get that; I was more looking for insight on the likelihood of being ambushed and the champs that might appear in an ambush, since I didn't come across an Act 5 Chapter 2 guide that included ambush rates/tips for 5.2.4 (honestly, maybe I just haven't dug deep enough into it). I recall past quests that involved ambushes by adaptoids, Moon Knight, and a variety of other champs, each seemingly programmed differently, so forgive me with not being familiar with the programming of 5.2.4!

Even knowing that the chance of ambush is low, from others' experiences, helps in planning to make another run for it, in that if I'm faced with a difficult champ, I know it might be better to back out and try again later rather than wasting resources. This is all I was looking for--I already understand the definition of the word.
    If it came off like I was mocking it wasn't intentional. But yea I only remember being ambushed once ever between 5.1.1 and 5.2.6 so I think you should be good and good luck in getting that uncollected
    If it came off like I was mocking it wasn't intentional. But yea I only remember being ambushed once ever between 5.1.1 and 5.2.6 so I think you should be good and good luck in getting that uncollected

Thanks! That helps, and my apologies too if I came off as being defensive without reason.

Congrats on becoming Uncollected and hopefully I'll be there soon! :)
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I got ambushed by Cable in 5.2.4 as well. Really sucked because I had my Bleed team. Basically had to revive my way past him.

5.2.4 is probably the hardest one of the lot, but is manageable if you're patient. It also helps to grind a bit through arenas to stockpile some units so you don't have to back out if you get KOd.
    I got lucky and had ultron for my surprise cable xD but yea I also was impatient and went through most of an odins cause I was boosting and buying energies and refused to back out of a quest. Also was running only 3 5/50s and 2 4/40s

Good luck at collector
    I think I ultimately spent about an Odin's worth of units to get through 5.1 and 5.2, but I never spent a dime of actual money. I was horrible at stockpiling resources simply because I was impatient, but somehow still had enough patience to grind out units from the various sources in the game.
    I didn't have a good team for the collector so he cost me 12 team revives :(
    I got ambushed with the same Electro a second time, same exact spot. I'm thinking this can't just be chance.
    Not only was I ambushed by Electro in the same exact spot I was ambushed by him earlier, I was ambushed by a YJ shortly after. I used the resources I had to make it through 5.2.4, but I'm down to virtually nothing and am not feeling like the happiest of campers.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Sorry to hear that. If you ever get down on resources and units, it's always good to put your Uncollected challenge on hold while you farm resources and units in arena/lower levels of monthly EQ. Make sure you engage all boosts - with a 20% attack boost on my 5/50s shredded 5.2.5.
    Congrats on getting through 5.2.4. That one sucked and I do not look forward to trying to explore it.

I remember needing to take a couple of weeks to rebuild the resources before continuing on after that one, but do take comfort in knowing the only major resource drain left is the Collector himself. IIRC, it took me about a month to get through 5.2 because I needed to stockpile the resources again.

You're almost there, and once complete you will say it was worth it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Not only was I ambushed by Electro in the same exact spot I was ambushed by him earlier, I was ambushed by a YJ shortly after. I used the resources I had to make it through 5.2.4, but I'm down to virtually nothing and am not feeling like the happiest of campers.

Everytime I did a lane in 5.2.4 I was ambushed by both electro and yj. I’m 100% done all of act 5 now but back when I was doing 5.2.4 those ambushes were hard.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Your PI of your maxed 4 star champs seems low. You might want to reevaluate your Mastery setup. there are guides online for this. It might make the fights easier.
    edited March 2018
    Your PI of your maxed 4 star champs seems low. You might want to reevaluate your Mastery setup. there are guides online for this. It might make the fights easier.

lol, Quake is actually about 70 points higher than mine. Granted, mine is only sig 20.

My AA is also 6225 (sig 80)...
  • Quake, Star-Lord, Archangel, Daredevil, and Guillotine.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

lol, Quake is actually about 70 points higher than mine. Granted, mine is only sig 20.

AA is one of my more recently acquired champs. Despite not having a huge stash of mutant signature stones, I decided to use an awakening gem on him, so his sig level is still pretty low (21).
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    seatin made a vid on easiest paths it helps a lot. its called uncollected tips and tricks I think.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

AA is one of my more recently acquired champs. Despite not having a huge stash of mutant signature stones, I decided to use an awakening gem on him, so his sig level is still pretty low (21).

Sigs don’t always add a lot to PI. I have several of the same champions you do, and mine are a lot higher in PI. It’s just something to look at. PI doesn’t mean everything.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I just wanted to give an update: Mission accomplished!

gaa87vt9b3xh.png