**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should adjust shard costs of 5* 6* crystals

Phc,3star & 4* all 2000 shards

5* & 6 * 10000 i think 5 * crystals should either be lowered or 6 * crystals should be raised.What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    No changes required. There are many ways to get that amount of shards
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    They said they don't plan on changing the shard costs and I'm fine with it, but for the 5* one it decently wouldn't hurt to give it a 20/25/or 50% decreased cost.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I honestly think they should decrease the 5* shards by 20% since the release of 6*.
  • Options
    Ancient__GamerAncient__Gamer Posts: 64
    edited March 2018
    I honestly think the jump in shards cost is a little excessive from the 4* to the 5* 8000 shards more really i think the 5* should be about 5000 shards.Really if you start from zero after you just purchased a 5* how long does it take you on average to aquire enough shards for another 1 a couple months?
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    The cost doesn't need to be adjusted you just have to progress to a point where you can get what's given and then a 5* a month just from Monthly quests plus whatever amount of 5* shards you get from grinding arenas
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I don't believe there is balance in the escalation from a 4*-5*. PHC shards, 3* shards and 4* shards are all 2K. I do believe the 5* should be higher than the 4* but I also believe it should only cost 5k now that 6* have been released
  • Options
    DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    Phc,3star & 4* all 2000 shards

or 6 * crystals should be raised.What does everyone else think?

Wait what did you say.... *Grinding Flashbacks*
    Raised?... RAISED?!?!!?....
    *SEIZURES*
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    The game is about progression. Newer contents, newer challenges, newer sales, higher tier crystals and star-level, REVISED AND IMPROVED REWARDS, REVISED AND IMPROVED DROP-RATES, REVISED AND IMPROVED UNIT COSTS, etc

Smart game developers will continue to improve all aspects of the games to keep it attractive and interesting to players. Only silly and arrogant dev will arrogantly think players are a bunch of brainless kids. I'm sure Kabam is the smart gaming company with top class service and put the game's long term prospect and players in the forefront of their mind, unless I understand this company wrongly. ;-)
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Don't worry 7* will cost 50k shards just to keep progression going
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The better solution is to ad more 5* shards to the game and Kabam has been doing that. If you haven’t progressed far enough to be able to capitalize on the increase in shards then keep progressing in this game. In my first year of playing I only got 2 5*. Newer players have no idea how much easier it is to get 5* shards now
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

True, but they could still adjust the cost, there are tons of ways to get all the shards, I would say 5k is a fair cost for a 5* these days, especially if they are to be more prominent to us all.

Yeah you can’t rack them up in war and event quests, but the main way to gain them is still by buying... unfortunately.

I agree they can be gained, and a lot quicker than previously, but still... let’s lower it a little.
  • Options
    helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90

You can just say there are many ways to get shards. What's with the "no changes required" You aren't a Kabam employee. Yeah, I know Kabam have made it clear that they won't lower the cost, but make shards more available but who knows. They might change that in the future. How can you be so sure?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    They addresses this too many times already. The cost isn't going to change, and it is not necessary to change it, especially now that the way to get shards had been increased in the last months.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    We complained that there weren’t enough ways to get 5* shards, so Kabam put them in arena after restructuring the arena last year, then they added 5* shards to the monthly EQ and then tripled it for the uncollected portion giving players a chance at a 10k shards just by playing the EQ.

In the new 5* featured arena 10M points each arena will get you 2k that’s 16k for the month. So arena + EQ = 26k Shards, throw in SA and AW and you have 30k which is enough for 2 featured crystals or 3 basics. If you toss in events like MODOK and Trials of the King that’s another 10-15k, in one month they have made 40-45k 5* shards available, if you accumulate 1/4th of those you have a full crystal.

It took me 3-4 months to get my first 5*, I won’t count my first 5 months playing because I wasn’t playing consistently

So the ramp up on 5* shard availability has been pretty good. No need to lower the cost.