**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Jumpers and AW Season Rewards - Maybe AW Season too long?

2»

Comments

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I suggest 1 month season and I have another idea: alliance badge. After each season every member, whether they are qualified for reward or not will be granted a badge that indicate the bracket they are in war. If they left the alliance, they can still keep the badge but if they join another one they will lose that badge. That way the jumper can't move so freely since 99% of the time Platinum alliance won't even accept anyone without a badge.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Not everyone that leaves an alliance for another should be tagged as jumpers
    They probably found a better alliance and chose to leave (a player isn't bound to one Alliance for the rest of his/her life pfft)
    You guys probably harboured one of the bad ones who choose to do as they please so as to wreck the alliance.
    Having to do 5 wars before being able to collect season rewards is more than enough
    I see no need to change it
    Next time, know the kind of person you're recruiting
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    There is an underlying theme behind AW season roster changes: Competitive alliances are looking to fill their roster with the most competitive players. Competetive players are looking for the most competitive alliance they can join.

Kabam has stated themselves AW season rewards are meant to be the best rank rewards to date. There has never been anything as good as these rewards, so it’s natural that rosters will shake up to accommodate. Before AW seasons, a good alliance could usually carry a few slackers and not be to bothered about it. Sure they might miss some more event points, pick up slack in AQ for less active players, or lose some more wars. But it never really made a difference in the big picture, especially when those less active players were good people and long time members.

This doesn’t apply to all alliances but now with AW seasons on-going, some alliances had to make uncomfortable decisions to what degree of competitiveness they want to pursue in rankings. This could result in kicking long-time members who were just dieing too much/non-active where it was hurting that alliance’s season rank. Turnover will happen naturally as alliances figure out what ranks they want to aim for and what players they need to get there. Same thing for players, if a competitive player was in a long time alliance that just wasn’t getting it done for them, I don’t blame them for leaving (as long as it’s during off-AQ off-AW period). That is what will happen when you introduce a new, super competitive aspect to a mostly non-competitive environment beforehand.

As far as saying the AW season is too long, I don’t think that would make a difference for jumpers/kickers when you look at why they want to leave in the first place.