**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Losing interest

I’ve been an avid gamer since the beginning of the contest. I’m sure I’m not alone but I’m at the point that the game is getting stale. I’ve got T4cc’s in my stash that’s about to expire because I don’t have enough gold to do anything with. I mean, I run the dailies, I’ve completed every difficulty of the monthly event already and I try to make a run on act 5 every few days (completed it all just not explored) and after ranking a 6* and recently another rank 4 5* like 2 weeks ago, I’m still short on gold to rank up another high end champ. The balance is off again. Every time we turn around there’s a different carrot to reach for. Wasn’t that long ago it was CCs then alpha 2’s now it’s gold. Of all things... gold smh. Come on I’m not wasting 6 mastery points for 2% plus 3 gold lol. Honestly, I’ve said before that when the game is no fun I’ll stop playing and I’ll tell ya what, I’m pretty close to that point

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I have similar feelings from time to time. I think it's important to take semi-breaks where all I do is AQ and AW for a week. No quest energy, no versing, ect.

I'm already done with a5 but the monthly events keep me somewhat engaged and I always look forward to that next 5* pull.
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    Bro, ive taken a break from the game, been over a week now since logging in, all i can say is, im way less stressed and enjoying life more.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    You have to breaks from time to time and just resign yourself to the fact that you may have to wait a month or two to rank someone up.

Your alliance may not be happy but until Kabam starts to address some of the issues in the game experienced players like yourself will continue to walk away from the game.
  • Options
    BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I’ve probably only been addicted this long because of the friends I’ve made from my alliance. Some of us have gamed together for almost 3 years. It’s true, this is an addiction
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Your alliance may not be happy but until Kabam starts to address some of the issues in the game experienced players like yourself will continue to walk away from the game.

Well said, the Cyclops nerf is long overdue
  • Options
    They do enough to keep people spending and playing hours and hours. That’s all it’s about at this point. Like the person said above me it’s the same ole same ole. Harder content same rewards.
  • Options
    Lightbearer1Lightbearer1 Posts: 22
    They have overlooked a gold comp. Purely for high ranking players. This and they keep ignoring strong villians and heros. The constant repition of code can make it tiresome.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I have plenty of gold and a 700k+ account. I'm definitely losing interest too. I really can't point to one particular thing but bugs and the ever growing grind has taken it's toll. Add bad RNG on top of that it becomes a drag, not sure how many times a person can pull iron patriot and keep smiling. Not a big fan of the new war system either. I sort of like the idea of seasons but hate have wins decided by diversity or some other arbitrary number. Half the time it's a spending war.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Bro, ive taken a break from the game, been over a week now since logging in, all i can say is, im way less stressed and enjoying life more.

How often you check the forums? 😆

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I don't have any problem with gold because I have problems with T4CC and 5 stars. All I get is duped, stupid, old characters like spidergwen or cyclops, 3 Juggs in a row from featured, lot of other BS. Have some good mystic champs to rank, all mystics, not enough catalysts for that class, while grren, yellow and red cats are there for nothing.

Really tired.
  • Options
    Badrose wrote: »
    I don't have any problem with gold because I have problems with T4CC and 5 stars. All I get is duped, stupid, old characters like spidergwen or cyclops, 3 Juggs in a row from featured, lot of other BS. Have some good mystic champs to rank, all mystics, not enough catalysts for that class, while grren, yellow and red cats are there for nothing.

Really tired.

That’s how it intended I believe. It’s almost guaranteed that you will get the resources Kabam wants you to get, not want you need or want. People that hoard CC’s with the hope of landing certain champs are just wasting their time. That’s part of “sinking the hook” to keep ya coming back. The thing about that is, it’s such a let down getting **** time after time. People need a shot of dopamine fairly often with this game if they want us to keep coming back for more

• Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The biggest factor that’s making me lose interest in this game is the lack of new, difficult content. Let’s face it, we’re able to progress faster than Kabam can dish out difficult content in this game. Uncollected monthly quest has become a joke. LoL was a great challenge when it first came out but it’s been solved each and every way by now. Whenever something difficult does come out, Kabam adheres to the whiners and accounts who just turned level 60 complaining that Uncollected difficulty is too hard. And yes, champs like Blade make everything easier. But that doesn’t mean new, difficult content for top tier players can’t be made. People will still say, “Oh this is such a blatant money grab, I can’t beat this content and now the rich will get richer and poor stay poorer.” Whenever I hear that I think awesome, this might be new content I might have to actually think and plan for. Like Brian Grant said in a recent video, everything has become way too easy in this game. Progressing players will eventually make their way there as they grow their roster/skills.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The biggest factor that’s making me lose interest in this game is the lack of new, difficult content. Let’s face it, we’re able to progress faster than Kabam can dish out difficult content in this game. Uncollected monthly quest has become a joke. LoL was a great challenge when it first came out but it’s been solved each and every way by now. Whenever something difficult does come out, Kabam adheres to the whiners and accounts who just turned level 60 complaining that Uncollected difficulty is too hard. And yes, champs like Blade make everything easier. But that doesn’t mean new, difficult content for top tier players can’t be made. People will still say, “Oh this is such a blatant money grab, I can’t beat this content and now the rich will get richer and poor stay poorer.” Whenever I hear that I think awesome, this might be new content I might have to actually think and plan for. Like Brian Grant said in a recent video, everything has become way too easy in this game. Progressing players will eventually make their way there as they grow their roster/skills.

I agree with this Kabam should develop harder content for the top tier players, but at the same time give the mid tier players something nice too.

The problem that Kabam makes far to often is that something is too easy for the mid tier player and the end game stuff they aren’t ready for. Or they make something the mid tier player can complete and it’s too easy for the top tier players.

Boss Rush can have another higher level but you should only be able to choose one and once you choose it that’s it.

The events can be tuned to keep everyone challenged
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    The fact that they fail time after time to fix AW has me losing interest really fast. Might stick around to see what changes are announced for season 2, but if they aren't fairly substantial, I will either quit or go to a retirement alliance.
  • Options
    But let’s get real, there’s only so much that can be done with an actual punch punch kick block evade type of gameplay. Kabam has done well mixing things up pretty good thus far. This is the longest running game I’ve ever played surpassing WoW
  • Options
    I’m not a whale by any means but I am a middle aged family man with a real job that spends some cash on a fairly average basis for the past 3 years. I would think Kabam would want to keep guys / gals like us around because we are consistent. They should take these posts as constructive criticism