**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

boss rush challenge: ICEMAN

13»

Comments

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Kyndranna wrote: »
    qthlrxwq3zi9.jpg
    I'll just leave this here

j7au88rifpu2.jpeg
    Obiviously. I used another champ and finished off with 3* quake. The fact I have to explain this is surprising lol.

No **** sherlock
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Going into a fight and knowing you're more than half dead before you even throw a punch (unless you're lucky enough to have the right champs ranked high enough) sucks the fun out of it for me.

This is the most common complaint, and rightfully so. A counter to a defender should not be "start with high health and try to regen afterwards".
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    A few bugs but only one team revive..
    SS fight dropped a bunch of frames lost DV..
    Ultrons evade kicked in when I went to parry Iceman that threw me off (as it always does) so got KO'D..
    Pulled back with storm (vs Iceman) but she just stood there doing nothing (didn't even block)..

All in all it was a lot of fun I chose to use a team revive as I knew all 5 champs at low health would still have enough combine health to finish him off..
    So team revive= 100 units (but had one in stash)
    I got back 175 units 10 4* sigs 10 5* sigs 1000 5* shards and a 4* SS..

Well worth it ;-D

(Sorry to you guys that can't do it.. Boss Rush isn't for everyone.. but you still have 14 days so plenty of time for more runs at it.. Good Luck)
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    edited March 2018
    I one-shotted iceman with a 5/50 sparky, I spammed l1 to get more stun time.
    Health boosts help a lot with surviving the initial coldsnap.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    In any event, has anyone tried AV to shrug off Cold Snap?

FWIW, I tried my 4/40 AV against Ice Phoenix and the times that a cold snap shrug-off did work in my favor at the beginning of the fight, it still depended on me fighting a perfect fight for the rest of the fight, which wasn't usually the case...

To be perfectly honest, I probably could've finished one-pass through Uncollected on that event, but I was so annoyed by my initial experience with that money grab, I decided not to continue.

Thanks for the info. Not worth trying, unless I'm just experimenting. I've been curious since Bobby came out. Haven't tested it.
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    @Cats73 Well done mate.. Bit of a kick in the teeth that I got SS after the event but I had a 4* tech AG in stash so happy to have him now lol..
    Slightly irritated losing Storm after the Ice Phoenix fix I managed to one shot her with Storm repeatedly so losing her to this much easier one was pretty annoying.. But there has been a fair few bugs going round lately :-/
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Chovner wrote: »
    Rogue gets rid of Coldsnap real quick, then just keep sp1 on him to keep regenning yourself and stealing his armor. She's always my go to Ice Man killer

I also used Rogue. Shortened duration of Coldsnap, and then I stole his Armor, didn't let him get it back for quite some time, and regenerated with her Sp1. Her Sp2 also helped keep his Special Attacks away.

Congrats to the players who have a high-level 4 or 5 star Rogue, Kingpin, AV or Mephisto.

The rest of you, however, just have to die a lot.

Anyone can beat him if you can survive the coldsnap.
  • Options
    UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    UC439 wrote: »
    Rogue gets rid of Coldsnap real quick, then just keep sp1 on him to keep regenning yourself and stealing his armor. She's always my go to Ice Man killer

I also used Rogue. Shortened duration of Coldsnap, and then I stole his Armor, didn't let him get it back for quite some time, and regenerated with her Sp1. Her Sp2 also helped keep his Special Attacks away.

Congrats to the players who have a high-level 4 or 5 star Rogue, Kingpin, AV or Mephisto.

oops! Then how much should I heal up? The event was going pretty smoothly till the starbust stun immune venom ate up 2 team revives.
    How far should I heal to surpass than nonsense-snap? Running team of 5/50s (no regen, or shorten duration champ, have medusa, magik, quake, gp & icebro).

With a 20% attack/health boost, AND a 25% health boost, I healed up to about 85% with my 5/50 VOID and cold snap took him down to about 15%-20%... and he has a lot of health.

So, yeah... you should probably heal up as much as you can and use boosts if you have them.

And unless you're absolutely perfect evading Iceman's L1, you'll get clipped by the tail end of it, which will give you cold snap again and kill you within seconds.

Good luck.

thanks man , the idea of boosting was great, got him down in 2 attempts with medusa.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    When are you guys gonna get it. All content should never be completeable for all players. If you don’t have the champs capable of beating this challenge....
    1) you haven’t been plying long enough
    2) you haven’t been grinding hard enough
    3 maybe you’re just not GOOD ENOUGH

All content shouldn’t be a handout. I’d you can do it. Great. You worked to get to that point.

If you can’t do it. Well. That’s incentive to

1) get better
    2) grind harder

PS. Did it with a unduped 5/50 Hyperion. Easy.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    And to be completely honest. All you guys complaining that “it must be nice to have r4 champs so strong you can easily do this”

Guess what. People with champs that strong don’t care about any of the rewards in this event. Maybe the units.... lol.
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I used Iceman vs. Iceman.
  • Options
    Limitless216Limitless216 Posts: 62
    edited March 2018
    Basically every champ who can survive the 1st Dot at the start of the fight can beat him, just bait & evade his sp’s 😇

Yeah. Used BP on my second account... Just because....
  • Options
    Ronny_Ronny_ Posts: 66
    ucfqyg36jcyn.png KINGPIN is best
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ronny_ wrote: »
    ucfqyg36jcyn.png KINGPIN is best

Interesting. Did he convert it to Rage?
  • Options
    Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    I did it with my Gwenpool... Didn't even realize that he had any nodes on.... :wink:
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    I always hear people complaining about champ drop rates and how God tier champs are extremely hard to get .
    Well guess what , Jane foster (opposite of God tier so everyone should have one 😝) has really high energy resistance and barely takes any coldsnap dmg .
    Shocker I know :)
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    It looks like this challenge was intended for people who actually have developed good rosters and actually spend time and money playing this game. Wow shocking.... I know

Maybe we need an event without fighting at all. Maybe that will fit you guys more? Free rewards without any effort, because thats what all these threads sounds like.

I mean do u wana ask Seatin FTP account to do it?
    his account not even 1 year old yet.
  • Options
    Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198

Used medusa. One shot.
  • Options
    I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    It looks like this challenge was intended for people who actually have developed good rosters and actually spend time and money playing this game. Wow shocking.... I know

Maybe we need an event without fighting at all. Maybe that will fit you guys more? Free rewards without any effort, because thats what all these threads sounds like.

I mean do u wana ask Seatin FTP account to do it?
    his account not even 1 year old yet.

Yes I would love that actually. Because I know he can beat it. So that just proves my point even more. If you can't beat it, you´re not good enough. That could be either skill wise or roster wise. If a free to play player can beat it with just 1 year of playing then the challenge is perfectly balanced. Maybe too easy.
  • Options
    Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    If you have a champ with more than 10k health you can just beat him to death. Most champs aren’t hitting the 1200 damage cap anyway
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Iceman on safeguard was a bad bad champ to be put on master. that too aeakened