**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A rough AQ transition

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Before I say anything else be warned I DO enjoy change. I admire the Rulk/LC buffs and enjoy new champs while still using older ones. When I woke Voodoo with my 5.1 gem I mostly benched my Ronan who was awoken with my Act4 gem

NOW! The sentinels are a harder fight than any Symbiod. The fact is most people’s 5-Star roster is not substantial enough to be useable. I spun 4 crystals this month and I got lucky with Archangel and 3 duds (more or less). That being said 5-Star Armor is actually substantially higher than a similar PI 4-Stars making bleed and poison vastly more important especially as Raw Damage champions hard to get with only a handful compared to all the great bleeders and Voodoo. Despite putting together a list with my alliance and with the forums for Sentinel counters as the ADDED armor and Crit Resist in insanely annoying most of t revolves around champions that are rarer than they should be considering the vast array of them capable of essentially the same thing being stacking non-Bleed/Poison DoT debuffs (Iceman, Phoenix, Hyperion, StarkSpider) having blasphemous amounts of Critical Rating (Karnak, Angela, JaneF, and StarkSpider [again]) or uniquely countering robots (Medusa, Nebula… AND STARKSPIDER)

However the current “easiest” damage dealers to get are the combined group of “bleed” champs. Many bleed champions are adored and ranked for their ability to quickly put down a large percent of enemeis and have a mastery to make them far more powerful. With the Sentinels becoming a staple of AQ we need certain champs to have increased odds from non-classical debuff spammers (bleeders and Voodoo), champs with absurd crit rates, and the robot slayers. The Symbiods were generic and simple yet a decent warm up from low to high tier. Sentinels artificially increase the difficulty by their nature as full damage denial tanks immune to the most plentiful and easy to aquire debuffs and by all but removing your ability to crit part way through a fight.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Please remember this is MY opinion. I do not HATE sentinels but I do believe that as a common enemy they nearly force the use of 3 niche groups of champions (and the all star Stark Spider who is all 3) who even added together still are few considering even generic champs once useable (even bottom tier bleed AND raw damage champs like Hulk and Beast) were effective as symbiod killers, are now tedious at best vs sentinels.
  • Options
    SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    Who cares about this change, sentinels are easy to fight with both their specials being 100% evadable and all of them minus the skill one will get annihilated by Medusa with her armour shatter. They're also classed as villains so although they won't bleed blade paired with ghostrider will smash all of them
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Yep and let’s remember the Symboids are easy as hell to fight, I mean any fight is easy for AQ.

People are acting like the sentinels are gonna be 50k PI with 200k health... it’s just gonna be a walkthrough node in AQ... GET OVER IT!!!
  • Options
    SirTodd_83 wrote: »
    Who cares about this change, sentinels are easy to fight with both their specials being 100% evadable and all of them minus the skill one will get annihilated by Medusa with her armour shatter. They're also classed as villains so although they won't bleed blade paired with ghostrider will smash all of them

So 1 SPECIFIC champion or a pair of specific champions is your solution?
    Personally I was only trying to say that despite their abysmally simplistic styles and straight forwardness in practice higher maps will overall be more annoying to fight. Key word “annoying”. I killed half a UC Sentinel BOSS with voodoo. They aren’t hard just annoying and tedious hence the term “artificial difficulty” as in it’s not harder just longer and takes more patience and potentially time.

Yep and let’s remember the Symboids are easy as hell to fight, I mean any fight is easy for AQ.

People are acting like the sentinels are gonna be 50k PI with 200k health... it’s just gonna be a walkthrough node in AQ... GET OVER IT!!!

Of course. Please do note I never once said I was actually complaining. I only noted that compared to something susceptible to EVERYTHING, that the Sentinels are going to require more niche champions to walkthrough them and forget the fight feeling more akin to a preliminary round instead of a warm up sparring match. I COULD scrape by with old reliable BP Classic… it I could trade him up for KARNAK who is actually a a good champ in this new AQ format with the Sentinels roaming around. I’m not genuinely worried but it seems more like a backwards way of encouraging diversity in rosters than simply changing things up
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    AQ gets harder but the out dated prizes stay the same, the games has moved on so much since these rewards were set, unless you are top of expert its no longer worth the solid 5 days of effort and time anymore, the end of day rewards need revamping too