**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Availability of 5* awakening gems?

2»

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    Even 4* awakening gems are still pretty rare. I don't see 5* gems being added anytime soon.

Instead, they should either decrease the cost of the 5* crystals or make 5* shards more accessible.

Yes 4* gems are rare.
    However with mostly War and monthly

You're guaranteed a 4* every month and even with 5* shards present at most I've maybe gotten 3000 5* shards this month…

However in march which was a good month I receive 13 4*s from arenas and V13 packs as well as a really good war streak and 2 count them TWO PHC drops and even 2 4* Dorms from Winged crystals

Since then I've had like 1 5*

Now with about half of March's 4*s Dupes I was able to get a LOT of my champions far more viable and powerful

3 months for a 5* seems about average and with 120 champs by this years end (not counting RedPool, OG Vision, Punisher, IIF, Kang, Ultron Prime Thanos, or the dozen being left out). After those left out that's still 101 champions!

If you want to exclude rarity among champions for a minute the odds of getting a duplicate are less than 1%!

We put up with 4*s as there's arenas to bolster rosters and PHC speeds up 4* spinning here and there and for those with max dupe 2* and a lot of 3*s maxed that flow of steady 3-4* shards is a lot smoother while 5*s are clunky intervals of Kabam milking the whales
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    I'd buy 2
  • I was lucky enough to get a starlord the first time I opened a 5 star crystal but it is so hard to find a 5 star awakening gem. Is it possible to get it any other way?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    We don’t need more 5* awakening gems being introduced. There’s already been 5 if you’ve gotten every single one. I have 2 mutants and a science that are useless to me right now
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    We don’t need more 5* awakening gems being introduced. There’s already been 5 if you’ve gotten every single one. I have 2 mutants and a science that are useless to me right now

1st - Was for over 200k. I was 190k at that time. That hurt, because my game didn't run for two weeks before 12.0. It just kept crashing so i quit for a couple months.

2nd - LoL first clear, can't find the time to do that.

3rd - Act 5.3 100%. Did that = SCIENCE.
    Some deals were there, but i don't spend.
    Rifts were totally random, so not everyone had 5 chances.

Anyways, i duped my SL from a 10k crystal so i don't even care anymore lol. A skill for my Blade would've been nice, but whatever.
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    I think 5* awakening gems should be made available to us as achievable event rewards, not just for sale. Not just awakening gems but also t2 alphas. Kabam need to loosen up their tight grip on these type of items. The game becomes so unenjoyable with lacklustre rewards for all types of events.
    Just saying, I don’t want them more available and I’ve been waiting months to dupe my sl so I can finish my last 5 LOL paths
    I’m less against a crystals that gives you a random class but a class specific gem should never be made available. It makes doing LOL worthless
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’m less against a crystals that gives you a random class but a class specific gem should never be made available. It makes doing LOL worthless

It’s almost guaranteed that exploring act 5 will grant one. Does that make LOL useless?

*cough* 8 T2As...
    Exploring content for them doesn’t make LoL worthless. But wasn’t this post about buying them not potentially seeing another one in new content
    Changing the context doesn’t make my point less valid
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    LOL does have significantly less “worth” than it used to, that’s not debateable. I have the T2a to rank 4 x R4 without exploring LoL. Once 5.4 hits next month, I’m sure I will be able to rank a 5th if I choose to. If 5.4 includes a generic awakening like I think it will, that further decreases LOL “worth”. Also remember that this discussion began in the summer, Kabam has already sold 5* awakening gems since that time.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    In my opinion awakening gems should be earned not just given out with easy monthly events, if they do add a quest that can give more 5* awakening gems it should be on par with the first path of LOL which isn't even that difficult or harder. Such game-changing items should not be earned by chance, having them as a reward for difficult content is ghe most sensible way to go about it
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    spumington wrote: »
    Even 4* awakening gems are still pretty rare. I don't see 5* gems being added anytime soon.

Instead, they should either decrease the cost of the 5* crystals or make 5* shards more accessible.

Yes 4* gems are rare.
    However with mostly War and monthly

You're guaranteed a 4* every month and even with 5* shards present at most I've maybe gotten 3000 5* shards this month…

However in march which was a good month I receive 13 4*s from arenas and V13 packs as well as a really good war streak and 2 count them TWO PHC drops and even 2 4* Dorms from Winged crystals

Since then I've had like 1 5*

Now with about half of March's 4*s Dupes I was able to get a LOT of my champions far more viable and powerful

3 months for a 5* seems about average and with 120 champs by this years end (not counting RedPool, OG Vision, Punisher, IIF, Kang, Ultron Prime Thanos, or the dozen being left out). After those left out that's still 101 champions!

If you want to exclude rarity among champions for a minute the odds of getting a duplicate are less than 1%!

We put up with 4*s as there's arenas to bolster rosters and PHC speeds up 4* spinning here and there and for those with max dupe 2* and a lot of 3*s maxed that flow of steady 3-4* shards is a lot smoother while 5*s are clunky intervals of Kabam milking the whales

3 months is in no way average for a 5* once you get into an active rotation of end game gameplay. Most people 200k or even much lower farm about 10k shards every month many even faster than that.
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    they'll start selling the 5* awakening stone when they introduce 7*...juz like 4* awakening stone on the deal when they intro 6*...kabammmm
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    They should not sell AG, just start the 5* arenas already
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Nemesio wrote: »
    They should not sell AG, just start the 5* arenas already

They will sell one for cyber monday tho. Or maybe in Dec.
    Too early for 5* arenas. Perhaps this time next year when people in top 500-1000 alliances have at least 1 6* lol.
  • rage1224rage1224 Posts: 55
    I agree we do need to start seeing more 5 star awakening gems with 6 stars on the horizon. But I'd like to see them attainable through content, not some crazy $100 deal. Never have understood how unlocking an ability on one champ in a mobile game costs more than a full copy of the newest console game... that you can physically hold in your hand... and keep... forever. Heck you can even sleep with it under your pillow if you want. But then you'd just be weird.
  • I agree. 5 star awakening gems are basically non existent unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money . They should be made available in the game and not just at master and above levels.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    They offered one for Thanksgiving. I dont see them making the available in the game as rewards but i wouldn't be surprised if next month they come out with a $100 AG gem crystal. In which case I will not be purchasing lol. Also, by not allowing us to dupe our 5*, it makes us play longer and longer and longer. soooo if you were kabam would you release awakenings? probably not.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    28 5*s
    Two dupes
    Bought a mystic awakening gem to use on 5* Voodoo
    Voodoo and Hulk are my two dupes
    Sitting on 3 cosmic 5* awakening gems (5.3, 5.4, LOL)
    No room to complain about only duping Voodoo and Hulk, just want a cosmic champ worth awakening (Medusa/Hyperion/Drax/Captain Marvel)
    Saving 5* shards until MODOK drops because I've given up on pulling a cosmic champion worth awakening
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I understand those not being available before, but things are changing in the game and I think they should.
    Challenges should grant one, even if it is random.

LoL will be as worthless as RoL now, the game is evolving. But most of the player base is still struggling with those. Sure the awakening gems will help them do that content, but it will still be hard for them, as they require... special skills. So I do not see those gems as unfair.

4 star awakening gems used to be rare as well, and I am actually rejecting those offers these days (I actually have 4 star awakening gems for almost every class right now, the champs that deserved them are already duped). So just because of the introduction of 6 stars, I believe gems should be available for 5 stars. In the same proportion as 4 star gems.