**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MD is too much

DTTDTT Posts: 10
MD is too much. It's always been too much. 99% of champs generate buffs, to have that constantly powering your opponent is ridiculous. The AI barely specials in matches and even trying to bait ends up powering them up.

Comments

• Options
    RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    The only way to not give MD any power is to strip off Dexterity but we need Dexterity to evade special attacks in war and aq
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The other class masteries need to be overhauled so that they to can do something useful, right now it’s a no brainer to put points in MD because it makes mediocre and sub par Champs useable.

UC, Juggs, Jane Foster, would be less “effective” without it
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    The only way to not give MD any power is to strip off Dexterity but we need Dexterity to evade special attacks in war and aq

Not true, shallow evade non-specials and block specials.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    MD is NOTHING now compared to what it was. All your whining and people like you have all but ruined aw cuz you can’t figure out how to practice your skills. Now they’ve even made blade for all the whiners out there. Guys, if you can’t do it it’s becuase you’re jnot good enough, don’t use appropriate champs and refuse to learn. It’s not because MD is over powered. Nowadays especially.
  • Options
    UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Start using some mystic attackers like gr magik & dv, I bet u'll start liking MD. don't just see the downside.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also there’s ways to counter Md. power lock and power drain champs. There’s a counter for everything in this game. Playing around Md requires a bit more skill sometimes but there’s nothing wrong with it
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Also there’s ways to counter Md. power lock and power drain champs. There’s a counter for everything in this game. Playing around Md requires a bit more skill sometimes but there’s nothing wrong with it

While I agree that there's a counter to everything including MD, it's a stretch to say that "there's nothing wrong with [MD]." The design flaws of MD, in conjunction with the design flaws of dexterity, are well documented, and their implications are pretty severe. Yet, (un)surprisingly, no direct action has been made.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

While I agree that there's a counter to everything including MD, it's a stretch to say that "there's nothing wrong with [MD]." The design flaws of MD, in conjunction with the design flaws of dexterity, are well documented, and their implications are pretty severe. Yet, (un)surprisingly, no direct action has been made.

There is a lot of opinion behind this. If you said MD is much more powerful than the other class specific masteries, I would heavily agree. The design of MD isn't flawed unless the designer of MD decided its not working as intended. At its core, it was designed and working as intended. I believe the game has evolved since then where some buffs, i.e. dexterity, become more and more necessary. Challenger rating, and block penetration come into mind where more damage is taken through block than before. We can even go back to perfect block teams where it was more viable just to block. But with more mystic champions that have come out with all these changes, MD has only become stronger and interacted more. Still working as intended.

I'm not calling for a change, but wouldn't argue if they changed how dexterity interacted with it.
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »

There is a lot of opinion behind this. If you said MD is much more powerful than the other class specific masteries, I would heavily agree. The design of MD isn't flawed unless the designer of MD decided its not working as intended. At its core, it was designed and working as intended. I believe the game has evolved since then where some buffs, i.e. dexterity, become more and more necessary. Challenger rating, and block penetration come into mind where more damage is taken through block than before. We can even go back to perfect block teams where it was more viable just to block. But with more mystic champions that have come out with all these changes, MD has only become stronger and interacted more. Still working as intended.

I'm not calling for a change, but wouldn't argue if they changed how dexterity interacted with it.

I don't disagree with this. MD by itself might not be flawed. But nothing in this game stands alone. And anyone in software development should be especially sensitive to this. That's why I said, in conjunction with dexterity.
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I don't disagree with this. MD by itself might not be flawed. But nothing in this game stands alone. And anyone in software development should be especially sensitive to this. That's why I said, in conjunction with dexterity.

The only thing that has changed is Dexterity becoming more and more necessary. There's a few examples of this throughout the game, where something is optional, then slowly becomes more and more necessary as the game evolves. The problem with this is that MD works as a direct punishment for needed Dexterity more and more, which is something that their design has done. As of right now, I do not believe that it is too much. I don't regularly carry a reliable power controller, and there are ways to change your fighting style to avoid some of the effects. It just sucks it requires more work and more precision to avoid it. Plus, with the emergence of Blade, most mystic defenders have been pushed to the side already. MD is their saving grace.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    There are champs like cap ww2 that don’t need dexterity unless something is unblockable. Cap can just block the damage and so can morningstar. Some champs like ghost rider can regen back the damage without triggering dexterity. Also it is an optional mastery. If less people used it MD might not be such a problem
  • Options
    There are champs like cap ww2 that don’t need dexterity unless something is unblockable. Cap can just block the damage and so can morningstar. Some champs like ghost rider can regen back the damage without triggering dexterity. Also it is an optional mastery. If less people used it MD might not be such a problem

@Deadbyrd9 which competitive game mode or end game content have you, and anyone you know, successfully completed without dexterity? I'm curious what you mean by "optional." You could also say that doing a multi-hit combo is "optional" as well.

And good luck trying to regen with GR the degen that you get from Dorm in AW.
  • Options

@Deadbyrd9 which competitive game mode or end game content have you, and anyone you know, successfully completed without dexterity? I'm curious what you mean by "optional." You could also say that doing a multi-hit combo is "optional" as well.

And good luck trying to regen with GR the degen that you get from Dorm in AW.

Act 5, chapter 6, stun immune, unblockable sp1 spidey I parried to death with Blade. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It's kind of the same as me saying I stopped doing 5 hit combos then specials because it has the chance to be blocked. I stop at 4 and use my special.

I have also never really found a problem trying to regen with GR against Dorm. The issue for me is Dorm's SP 2 and accidentally giving him that.
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    MD is not too much, the way dexterity interacts with it is.

They should ajust dexterity in order to only activate once. After u already have the buff, if u evade again, nothing should happen, instead of renewing the buff, causa that's what triggers MD. If they change this, MD will still work, but would make easier and less lame when the oponent doesnt release the goddam special
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It’s optional because it’s a mastery. You don’t have to put points into it. This game doesn’t tell you that you can’t enter a quest unless you have dexterity. Hence why it’s optional. I’m just pointing out the other side of MD and it’s not hard to beat dorms in aw without dexterity. I use magik and do my best to not trigger it. I’m not saying it’s not a useful mastery. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I have done specials after 4 hit combos with certain champs because it gets blocked a lot such as ultorn and cap marvel. It’s much easier to do it after 5 hits since they fixed it.

I’m just pointing out you can play around MD while having dexterity. A lot of people used cap ww2 in the old wars because juggs were everywhere. Just block all the hits until he throws a special. Get stand your ground to resist heavies so you don’t trigger dexterity to evade them
  • Options
    Praetor_Zwei153Praetor_Zwei153 Posts: 56
    BrandJenn wrote: »
    Problems with MD? Really? Is this a post from 2015-2016?

+1
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Blade bro
    .. blade..
  • Options
    98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    Ever fight Hyperion? If you're fine with him, you should be ok with MD
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Blade bro
    .. blade..
    he Down negate MD

• Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    While I don't think MD is a bad class mastery it's definitely scaled higher than the others does anyone remember pure skill that used to be an awesome mastery and now it's not, I think the class specific masteries should all have an equal benefit as they don't come cheap and for the people who had pure skill maxed will feel a bit cheated