**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wolvie's regen nerfed in aq?

Has wolvie's regen been nerfed in aq? He doesnt seem to regen as much as he used to or as much as he does in solo play. What are the metrics? trigger percentages and regen rates

Comments

• Options
    bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    You may be experiencing this due due to the "challenge rating" if your wolverine is of lower rank than your opponent all abilities except attack power and health are diminished, so instead of an %8 chance for wolverines heal to proctor it is reduced to %4 as an example.
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 235
    It's definitely to do with rating. My Wolvie went from almost no regens to normal regens in AQ once I took him to R5.
  • Options
    FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    Btw, I looked up the challenger rating info and found that Kabam Dorosh (a developer) went through an explanation of how it works. Here is a quote from him:

"Apart from stat scaling for the above listed stats, nothing. It doesn't affect Ability Accuracy or Proc Chance for abilities. It doesn't affect who has priority for an attack or any other non-stats mechanics in the game. I even had the engineer go through the code to make 100% sure this was the case before I answered this question."

So someone either changed something for AQ, someone changed something for challenger rating or Kabam Dorosh and the software engineer he spoke to were wrong...

We deserve some kind of answer.
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    I'm pretty sure it does affect proc chance because scarlet witch plays differently in aq vs out.

I'd bet this was changed in 13.1
  • Options
    Help_123Help_123 Posts: 4
    Can we get some type of answer please?
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Fizicyst wrote: »
    Does challenger rating affect his ability to proc regen? If so, then maybe this is the reason...but if not, there is something seriously wrong. Below are the numbers.

14% chance to regen as a passive:
    A 5 hit combo has a 53% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 10 hit combo has a 78% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 15 hit combo has a 90% chance to proc at least one regen

8% chance due to his sig ability:
    A 5 hit combo has a 34% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 10 hit combo has a 57% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 15 hit combo has a 71% chance to proc at least one regen

Combining the two:
    A 5 hit combo has a 69% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 10 hit combo has a 90% chance to proc at least one regen
    A 15 hit combo has a 97% chance to proc at least one regen

On AVERAGE, you should get 1 regen per 3 hits...so in a 40 hit fight I should get 13 on average. Instead, I am lucky if I am averaging 2 or 3. Yes, there are fights when I have gotten 6 but not a single one with 10+. I typically have at least one 40+ hit fight in AQ without a single regen (the odds of which are astronomically low).

And, unless you have an advanced degree in mathematics, please do not try to argue the statistics with me. My undergraduate degree is in Math and Physics, my PhD is in Physics.

You may be good at math but the chance does not accumulate with each hit.

Its a 14% chance on each hit. Roll a 100 sided dice and see how many times you roll 1-14?

After 5 rolls you're saying the dice is now a 27 sided dice (thus giving the 53% chance)?
    After 15 rolls the dice is suddenly now a 15 sided dice (thus giving the 90% chance)?

I guess you aren't that good at comprehension....
  • Options
    My wolvie has been r4 for 5 months. It seemed like his regen took a hit at 13.0 but got worse after the aq reset a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    edited June 2017
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    Does challenger rating affect his ability to proc regen? If so, then maybe this is the reason...but if not, there is something seriously wrong. Below are the numbers.

Combining the two:

On AVERAGE, you should get 1 regen per 3 hits...so in a 40 hit fight I should get 13 on average. Instead, I am lucky if I am averaging 2 or 3. Yes, there are fights when I have gotten 6 but not a single one with 10+. I typically have at least one 40+ hit fight in AQ without a single regen (the odds of which are astronomically low).

And, unless you have an advanced degree in mathematics, please do not try to argue the statistics with me. My undergraduate degree is in Math and Physics, my PhD is in Physics.

Its a 14% chance on each hit. Roll a 100 sided dice and see how many times you roll 1-14?

After 5 rolls you're saying the dice is now a 27 sided dice (thus giving the 53% chance)?
    After 15 rolls the dice is suddenly now a 15 sided dice (thus giving the 90% chance)?

No, it is you who have no clue as to what probability and statistics are...I fully understand that the chance is not cumulative. And where you came up with 27 sided dice and 15 sided dice I won't even hazard a guess! Learn some math!

Let me go through the simple explanation of the first set:
    14% chance to proc a regen, so 86% chance not to proc...for a single hit.
    For two hits, the chance to proc at LEAST ONE regen would be 1-0.86^2=0.26 or 26% (notice it is less than double the 14% chance for a single hit). For three hits, the chance to proc at LEAST ONE regen would be 1-0.86^3=0.36=36%. And so on...
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    Challenger rating must effect proc rate because the same thing happens with my r4 Switch but my allies say their r5 switch proc normally in aq.

I think it's probably a case of the community being given incorrect information, like the stuff with synergies and the enrage timer in LoL
  • Options

Combining the two:

No, it is you who have no clue as to what probability and statistics are...I fully understand that the chance is not cumulative. And where you came up with 27 sided dice and 15 sided dice I won't even hazard a guess! Learn some math!

Let me go through the simple explanation of the first set:
    14% chance to proc a regen, so 86% chance not to proc...for a single hit.
    For two hits, the chance to proc at LEAST ONE regen would be 1-0.86^2=0.26 or 26% (notice it is less than double the 14% chance for a single hit). For three hits, the chance to proc at LEAST ONE regen would be 1-0.86^3=0.36=36%. And so on...

And you're wrong again. Your real world statistics don't mean anything here. 5 hit combos are only a thing in this game because that is a mechanism the game employs. It could be 50 hits and it still wouldn't matter.

The rate is 14% chance per hit.

1st hit 14%
    2nd hit 14%
    3rd hit you guessed it 14%

I could keep going but you'd probably get confused....
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    You really shouldn't talk to people that way. You throw some numbers around and a nasty "don't argue with me cause I have degrees" and can't even repsond normally when someone is clearly trying to understand the random numbers you throw around (seriously, you're not showing your math, not everybody thinks the same way you do).

To keep the dice here, a 6 sided dice has a a small chance of rolling a 6. Let's say 16%. You now rol the dice twice, it has a 16% chance to proc (proc meaninf rolling a 6 in this example) the first time and again a 16% chance for the second time. If you only roll one time there are 6 possibilities, withone of them having a you roll a 6. If you roll the dice twice there are 36 posibilities (roll 1 and 1, 1 and 2, 1 and 3 etc.) From these 36 possibilities 10 have you roll a 6 once and 1 has you roll a 6 twice. So there is a 30% chance to roll a 6 now, a less then 3% chance of two sixes (two regens).

This should help make @Fizicyst his math more visual. @Noobeeus you're thinking about a dice is logical, but you're making the mistake of changing dices instaid of throwing the same dice again and again. If you keep with your 100 sided dice the first time you throw it there is a 14% chance one of the numbers you throw are 1-14. If you throw it a second time there are now 10.000 different possibilities. With 14 of those possibilities throwing 1-14 the first time and then also 14 possibilieties of throwing 15 the first time and then 1-14 (and throw a 16 and then the second time throw a number between 1-14).

If you switch dices, to your 27 sided dice, it means you have 5 rolls in one. You're suddenly only allowed to roll once instaid of do a full combo.

Fizicyst wasn't saying that the 5th hit has 53% of giving regen, but that there is a 53% chance that one of those 5 hits will proc Wolvie his regen.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Damn, I typed this whole explanation and it's gone now...
  • Options
    @Noobeeus let's keep with your dice example for a second.

Normal 6 sided dice. I throw it once. There is about a 16% change I throw a 6. Agreed?
  • Options
    Now I throw it again, still a 16% chance I throw a 6. I can throw it as many times as I want, there will always be a 16% chance I throw a 6. This won't change because I keep using the same 6 sided dice.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    (Yes, posting in parts because my internet keeps removing stuff.)

We now throw that same dice twice in a row. The first time there are 6 options, I can throw a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. The second time I throw it there are these same 6 options. So now there are 36 different options in total. I might have thrown a 1 and a 1, or a 1 and a 2, or a 1 and a 3 etc. From these 36 options, there are 25 options without a six, 10 options that have me throw one 6 and there is 1 option that I throw a six twice. This means there is only a 1/36 chance of two sixes, less then 3%, but that there is a 30% chance that I throw a six. The second time I throw a six I don't have a bigger chance of throwing a six, but by throwing my dice more then once, I do have a higher chance of getting a 6 at some point.
  • Options
    Gwendoline wrote: »

We now throw that same dice twice in a row. The first time there are 6 options, I can throw a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. The second time I throw it there are these same 6 options. So now there are 36 different options in total. I might have thrown a 1 and a 1, or a 1 and a 2, or a 1 and a 3 etc. From these 36 options, there are 25 options without a six, 10 options that have me throw one 6 and there is 1 option that I throw a six twice. This means there is only a 1/36 chance of two sixes, less then 3%, but that there is a 30% chance that I throw a six. The second time I throw a six I don't have a bigger chance of throwing a six, but by throwing my dice more then once, I do have a higher chance of getting a 6 at some point.

I understand what you're saying but thats not how the game works.

Each hit is a new iteration where all previous hits are void.

So out of a 5 hit combo or a 400 hit combo, hit 5 or hit 400 are treated like hit 1 and all have a 14% chance.

The odds NEVER increase.
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288

So out of a 5 hit combo or a 400 hit combo, hit 5 or hit 400 are treated like hit 1 and all have a 14% chance.

The odds NEVER increase.

are you trolling? The odd for each individual hit doesn't increase but what everyone said is the odd for the whole fight, 10, 20 or even 100 hits. Hit 10 times have better odd that one would land a regen than hit 1 time.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    weavile wrote: »

The odds NEVER increase.

are you trolling? The odd for each individual hit doesn't increase but what everyone said is the odd for the whole fight, 10, 20 or even 100 hits. Hit 10 times have better odd that one would land a regen than hit 1 time.

No I'm not trolling.

And you're wrong. 1 time has a 14% chance and each time after has same. The odds of getting a heal on hit 1 or hit 10 don't change.

Read the skill for him. Nowhere does it say that the % chance increases the longer the fight goes....

Small heal (passive) has a 14% chance to proc

Big Heal (signature) has an 8% chance to proc

These numbers don't change across the whole fight.

Whilst I agree that the odds of never proccing the small heal for a fight that lasts for 40 hits will be astronomically low. It really isn't out of the question that this can occur.
  • Options
    AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    a point to think about also guys is who you are facing, e.g. if facing Civil Warrior using Wolvie, you get reduced ability accuracy based on his armor ups
  • Options
    My Wolverine used to regen great before these new updates. The game is getting worse instead of better with every update. They are correcting some champs and their abilities and weakening others.
    Its too much I have a R5 wolverine and he doesn't regen well in AQ and AW.
    Donno wats the point of having signature ability as "cellular regen". Kabam is not answering complaints.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Noobeeus you clearly don't get what I'm saying. The odds of a dice getting a 6 don't go up either. That doesn't mean that if I throw it 100 times I only have a 16% chance of getting a 6.

Just like, when playing with Wolverine, I don't have a 14% chance to get a regen that fight. It's not like Gamora her assisin or Hawkeye his hemorage that only proc once every fight.

However, troll away, if you seriously think that there is only a 14% chance that his regen procs the hwole fight, I'm not sure how to explain to you that you're wrong. The dice example really should help to have you understand. Every throwing of the dice is the same as 1 hit ingame.
  • Options
    @Gwendoline no thats not what I'm saying.

Each hit has a 14% chance no matter how long the fight goes on for.

How do you not understand this?

And yes if you throw a dice 100 times you have a 16% chance to roll a 6....as the previous roll, or previous 99 rolls do not have a bearing on the outcome of the next roll....
  • Options
    Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    Challenge Rating must affect it. I've seen my friends R5 SW in some gameplay and she is 100% more reliable than a 4/40 SW.
  • Options
    Well wolvies regen is back!!
  • Options
    4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    i Have the same issue with my r5 x23 dont have wolverine but x23 is pretty good maybe a bit not reliable but still kicks alot unless am in aq then it goes 1 or 2 regens per fight....Even if the % dont go up there is a 14% chance for each of those hits to activate a regen if it didnt matter they wouldnt add the % chance in the sig they would only say that wolverine has Chance to activate regen with direct hit to target or something like that....So yes % matters based on hits 14% means that wolverine might activate 1 regen between 4 to 14 hits...Am not a math expert or something thats how i receive the game % chance system
  • Options
    @Noobeeus Please take a dice. Throw it 10 times, and count how many sixes you throw.

Then do it 20 times, count those sixes. Then a 100 times, and obviously also count how many sixes you throw then.

We already establised that the chance keeps being 16%. Just like Wolverine keeps having a 14% chance to regen on each hit. Tell me in which fight, a 10 hit fight, a 20 hit fight or a 100 hit fight, he'll proc most regens. I'll give a hint, it's the one where you roll most sixes.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Its all rng tho, nothing else no nerf or not because your in aq or aw. You can go watch Joel line on YouTube and he uses his on map6 in aq doing degeneration paths and stay at full health