**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remember Not all Content is made to be finish

2»

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, and the not having to get hit is what makes it more of a challenge
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Anyways here is a response and quote quote @DorkLessons
    i have already touched up, and said i know where people are made and frustrated that they cant clear content, i was one of those people who played and grinded to get where i am aswel.

He has done nothing but to help the community and more ways, He even helped me become a better player
    From someone who couldn't do map 5, he has done alot for the community

i quote.

"I disagree. There are things Us YouTubers experienced to get to where we are. We didn't just make a YouTube channel and all of a sudden have stacked rosters..

I started from the ground up. I decided to look into masteries and synergies and because I liked the game made an effort to understand the inner workings of it.

In my experience, I've told people how to progress in the game.. How to build your roster, how to get resources, how to bide your time and wait for good opportunities. Save up resources and try harder content when you're ready Thing is.. I've been in BOTH places.. I was a beginner.. AND I have stacked rosters that I worked for. I can speak on both accounts.

The responses?
    Oh You're just siding with Kabam.. okay.

Guys.. get in the pool.. even a little bit will help you gain the resources you need while collectively making it easier for us as a community to increase our rosters and progress faster. You'll gain Units, Gold, BC, chances at punisher etc.

Responses? I have a life out side of MCOC.. I don't have time.. Of course you'd side with Kabam.. Arena Sucks! .. Alrighty

Take a look at your rosters for Utility, there are other ways to win if you don't have the "God Tier Champs".. This way you can still progress with out having to wait for a particular champ.. Plenty of viable options.

Responses? Screw you Dave, You just want us to spend Units so you can Line Kabams Pockets.. Sigh

If you have a lower level Roster.. Try boosting for harder content so you can get some needed rewards sooner thus boosting your profile and your game and possibly your skill level.

Responses? Of course you'd say that Dave.. making us waste units for your masters? That's why you don't speak for the community.

ANNNNNDDDD.. there you have the mentality of people who are negative as hell, don't want to progress by actually working for it.. and they stay listening to the narrative that kabam wants to steal their life savings in the middle of the night. This game has always been about 2 things.. people that have time to put into it or people that have money to spend. It's no secret.

If you don't have time.. things will take you longer. If you don't have money.. things will take you longer. There's no real way around that.

You can reach the level of the content creators. I built my roster while working full time.. running a business and trying to do a few videos on the side.

I couldn't always get a streak in arena. I remember restarting like 10 times JUST to get 300K points..
    It sucks at first.. just like your first 2 weeks in the gym.. You're sore.. You get nauseaus with a heavy work out.. but You keep at it.. and you build and things change.

The more arena you play.. the more experience you get with the wide variety of champs.. You not only go up against an assortment, you also use a variety of champs. This makes you better.

Anyway.. that's all.. I probably have more to say.. but can't think of it currently."

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

and is also what makes it a cash grab :/

How? i practiced my intercepting skills, bait heavies and know how to evade all his specials, and i beaten him without getting hit..

u can also use those champs that i said in earlier comment, geez
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Then practice those things. We didn’t just start off with the skills we have. Calling corner. A cash grab or too hard seems more like an excuse for saying I’m not good enough to beat it. Best way to get better at beating this challenge is to continue practicing and improving your skills. If your goal is a marathon you aren’t going to go run one if you can’t run a 10k yet. Just keep progressing and practicing and eventually you will be able to
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    When we did NOT finish all the questions in the exam
    crcncsrxxkcv.png

When we did NOT finish all the homeworks and assignments
    q8ugocacmc5k.png

When we did NOT finish all the contents in MCoC
    4bbff3wngf46.png

• NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    quite possibly the most redundant post ever
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    So... Many... Flags!

But it’s true, players see rewards and just think it’s entitlement, and then if a fight is hard it’s their right to moan about it!

New players don’t understand the grind and struggle a lot of us had just to get a T4CC! I still remember how big of an achievement it was getting my first 5/50 4*!

These days rewards are dished out much easier so no one has any right to moan.

Just because the rewards look good, still gotta earn it (boss rush rewards aren’t even great) but I guess for 10 mins work they are okay.
  • KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

and is also what makes it a cash grab for non-endgame players :/

Not getting hit is a cash grab?
    Dude just don't get hit no cash meeded
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    For some reason you're taking it personal because they have an issue with the Quest. It's not about you. It's about them.

Let me put it another way, since I can see you want to help at the core of it. Think of a time when you were absolutely frustrated with something. You're fed up because you keep hitting roadblocks, and there's always something new that you just can't seem to do. You feel left out, and you want to voice that. You're tired of things that are aimed for what is beyond your reach, and you don't feel like people like you are being heard. Then you try to tell someone how you feel, and someone else comes along and tells you that you're the problem, you're just not good enough, and lots of other people are good enough, and here's how they do it. Do you think you're going to hear that? No. You didn't ask for help. You feel slighted and you just want to be heard. Frankly, all it does is make you more angry. Worse, it makes you feel like your problems don't matter.

People don't need to be told they're just not skilled enough for something when they're already at their limit with it.

There is never ever ever ever, a point in the game that you can’t do something to improve. Keep doing that and then you’ll be able to beat the content eventually.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    People just like to complain about everything. Lol

I remember the first challenge I attempted in this game was Ming Na, haven’t started playing when Coulsens was out.

Spent half an Odin and couldn’t clear the quest (I still remember it was That Jug with Spite). Got pretty pissed at myself but I knew it was my inability, with several alliance mates being able to clear it. Not to mention at that time 5/50s were soooooo rare (I had none then) and T4CC so hard to obtain.

Next challenge took me close to 500 units to complete as I progressed and skilled up. After that the challenges were a walk in a park.

Point is, don’t complain if you can’t complete it. You’re just simply not ready, or not skilled enough. Take time to get better and try again. There will be more challenges and boss rushes available in future.

(And as mentioned and proven so many times, it’s not about the champs. You don’t need X champ to clear any single opponent. And if you get hit by Iceman, you’re simply not skilled enough. I personally feel that Dave was already being nice by not including Limber or Stun/Debuff Immune on that local node.)
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Agree, people keep saying you need god tier champs for that iceman.
    You have a duped IP? There’s your counter, he has regen and takes less cold snap damage due to class advantage
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Agree, people keep saying you need god tier champs for that iceman.
    You have a duped IP? There’s your counter, he has regen and takes less cold snap damage due to class advantage
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Absolutely. They can voice their feedback. They find it too hard. We're here to discuss the game with each other. We're also here to give feedback. They find it too hard. You don't. Both sides have a right to say that without someone telling them not to.

Isn’t it contradictive to tell the OP they cant have an opinion on someone elses opinion. If everyone is allowed to have a voice, you have to allow for all voices, not just the ones you agree with. All opinions are valid, those that think its too hard, those that think it isnt, those that complain about those that complain about it beong too hard, those that don’t think people should have opinions against others etc.

I agree with the OP that not not all content is meant for everyone to finish. That is my opinion.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    This whole discussion just boils down to people who think every portion of the game should be easy enough for every player. It’s just dumb. Do people find it tough? Fine, but that doesn’t mean the challenge shouldn’t be there for those who can handle it. As has been said before as people grow, content becomes easier. If this challenge is outside your ability, focus your resources on something else, get better an ether tackle a future challenge.
    And I’m just going to guess that most of the whiners are not Uncollected, because if you can beat the collector, your can beat this challenge.
  • CaguioaCaguioa Posts: 25
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    For some reason you're taking it personal because they have an issue with the Quest. It's not about you. It's about them.

Let me put it another way, since I can see you want to help at the core of it. Think of a time when you were absolutely frustrated with something. You're fed up because you keep hitting roadblocks, and there's always something new that you just can't seem to do. You feel left out, and you want to voice that. You're tired of things that are aimed for what is beyond your reach, and you don't feel like people like you are being heard. Then you try to tell someone how you feel, and someone else comes along and tells you that you're the problem, you're just not good enough, and lots of other people are good enough, and here's how they do it. Do you think you're going to hear that?

You do realize you've just described whsts it's like having a conversation with you

This pretty much sums up this guy...and seeing his post in part 2 and not being uncollected does....shine some truth lol.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Although this thread is about to be very relevant with back issues coming out,
    @Caguioa
    Why in the actual world would you ressurect a thread to be a bully? Honestly even if GW can be annoying at times, a lot of the time he has alright insights if you acually think about it. It doesn’t give you the right to be a jerk to him.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    I enjoy having content that I’m not able to complete yet. It gives me motivation to grind. I don’t see the point in playing a game when the highest level of difficulty can be steamrolled in an hour by someone who has been playing for 3 months.

An example being the Gwenpool goes to the movies event. Ya it was nice to get a free 5 star, but was that event fun to you? In my opinion it was extremely boring and it didn’t feel challenging.

I’d much rather earn my reward than have it given to me.

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    If everything was easy in this game nobody would play and it would not exist. Knowing you have targets keeps you playing. Everyone, no matter what game wants to beat it or in this case 100% everything.

My next target is too do one run through of chapter 3 and 4 of Act 5. That's a realistic target for me as I know its not that far from my ability or roster level. Expecting every new content to be scaled down for all players is strange request. Thats what Act 1,2,3,4,5 are for as well as monthly events. Do people ask for 2 or 3 versions of LoL as its too hard for 90% of players? No, people work towards it so they get into the 10% that can do it. I haven't done it yet by the way as it takes planning to do as I don't spend any money on this game.