**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Science catalyst bundle

Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
Why kabam...... why would you make an offer that only applies to 1 class, and arguably the worst class at that. This offer should have been 3 random classes, or it should have been a chose your own class offer. This thread is not focused on if the offer is inherently a good deal, just on the lack of diversity shown in it.

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Too bad I only received SCIENCE. If it is TECH or MYSTIC, I will go for the 3500 units offer. Perhaps MUTANT too.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    they do that so high lvl players can buy the bundle catered to them, while low level players can buy the cheaper one with resources they are more likely to need. I don't have a problem with them offering a split deal like this as it attempts to offer value to all players (even though top players have no need for class cats.. but that's not the point) my problem with this offer i its class specific, and not even for a reason. I would understand if maybe a new science champ got added that same day or something, but no nothing science related to be seen.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    It is a pretty good creative idea,i think:) professional marketing again (sarcasm)
  • el_pequeño_bobel_pequeño_bob Posts: 24
    Kabam, please let us know if you plan to release this offer for the other classes. Do that and make the community happy 😊
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i mean, when you buy either of them, why are you instantly forbidden from buying the other?

if the low players can't afford the big bundle, they won't buy it anyway.

if the big players have no use for the low bundle, they won't buy it anyway.

I do agree with you that making it impossible to buy both is kinda pointless, but seeing as a high lvl player would never buy the low lvl players bundle and vice versa, I don't really see a problem with locking the second offer from you.
  • Darrellz2161Darrellz2161 Posts: 83
    I would like to say its a bad deal to be honest. Kabam need to come up with better offers that are worth the units. Since all those items can be gotten from alliance quests for free. Plus since teir 5 basic came out teir 4 basics value went down so only thing in that bundle worth anything is the science teir 4 catlysts. I think kabam needs to redo all offers in game and make them more worth it like the 4* crystal offer at 2500 units total joke...
    As I said this thread is not a discussion on if it is or is not a good offer. If you have a problem with the value offered move it to a new thread, this one is purely regarding the bias to the science class.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    My guess. Today is science, tomorrow will be skill or mystic and the cycle follows next 6 days. This offer is actually better than the ones where you need to buy the lower offer to unlock higher offer. Those seem to be ridiculous to me when someone actually needs higher offer but needs to buy lower also to unlock higher. And those guys who say that they want both, in that case go for the higher offer. Lower offer cats can be accumulated in few days, nothing biggie there. Doesn't have to always criticise kabam. This actually is a better deal, although I will wait for other classes which I want more than science.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    My guess. Today is science, tomorrow will be skill or mystic and the cycle follows next 6 days. This offer is actually better than the ones where you need to buy the lower offer to unlock higher offer. Those seem to be ridiculous to me when someone actually needs higher offer but needs to buy lower also to unlock higher. And those guys who say that they want both, in that case go for the higher offer. Lower offer cats can be accumulated in few days, nothing biggie there. Doesn't have to always criticise kabam. This actually is a better deal, although I will wait for other classes which I want more than science.

Its possible, but I would think logically they would offer a series of deals like this in time with the class event calendar (aka when science class event is open for a day you get a science offer, etc.) Atm it is the 7th day in the cycle meaning its "every class day" all he more reason this shouldn't have been only science lol.
  • el_pequeño_bobel_pequeño_bob Posts: 24

Agreed. Kabam need to let us know their plan though. People are going to be pissed if they: (a) buy this deal assuming there'll be no more and there are, or (b) don't buy this deal assuming there'll be more and there aren't. Come on Kabam, do the winning thing!

Its possible, but I would think logically they would offer a series of deals like this in time with the class event calendar (aka when science class event is open for a day you get a science offer, etc.) Atm it is the 7th day in the cycle meaning its "every class day" all he more reason this shouldn't have been only science lol.

It might be what you say, noone knows except kabam for sure. But I also think that 2mo should be next class. It's Monday already in many parts of world. Plus which class event are you talking about? No class event is running right now that is coinciding with this offer. Also doesn't need to be same class day, the catalysts and the cores they differ already so can this offer too. Just my thoughts. Anything can be correct, only kabam knows for
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    hopefully they do one with a bunch of t4b and t1a
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Before everyone blows a gasket, why not wait to see if they have a different offer the next day

If the one that they have now is one you don’t want, them simply move on
    Thebgj wrote: »
    Before everyone blows a gasket, why not wait to see if they have a different offer the next day

If the one that they have now is one you don’t want, them simply move on

Thankfully I don't want this offer. So my units are safe. Will wait for my favorable class deal if at all it appears.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @Anurag1606

Same here. I won’t even buy a class I want, and I have 4K units saved up. I have plenty of T4 class, just need the right 5*’s to use them on.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Is the offer worth the units if a tech version rolls out?
    After 100% act 5 i can take stark to rank 5
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    My thoughts are that they did this science offer bundle because the monthly login champ was science. ...and to be honest, i think its a great idea. Hope they do this after every monthly login champ. Its about time they have offers again using units. This way the f2p base can save up and not have to use money.
    If the offer isnt needed by you then simply don't buy it. But dont knock the deals using units. Save up for when a class you need is offered.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Is there a new science champ coming out in the near future?
  • EazypickinsEazypickins Posts: 18
    I'm still waiting to see a 5* awakening gem of the pick your class of the 6, then the offer goes away, like they have offered for the 4*s in the past. Let the CUSTOMERS pick what THEY want (since they are paying for it), not a 1 in 6 chance from a spin that would more than likely not be what the person actually wants. That would be a huge $$ payday for Kabam. With 6* in the game now, this type of deal is ready for primetime.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I'm still waiting to see a 5* awakening gem of the pick your class of the 6, then the offer goes away, like they have offered for the 4*s in the past. Let the CUSTOMERS pick what THEY want (since they are paying for it), not a 1 in 6 chance from a spin that would more than likely not be what the person actually wants. That would be a huge $$ payday for Kabam. With 6* in the game now, this type of deal is ready for primetime.

You said it, I’ve been waiting for this deal for 2 years now.
  • MerovegianMerovegian Posts: 49
    edited March 2018

Please, that’ll make to much sense for kabam. It’s like they’re allergic to common sense.
  • MrjboydMrjboyd Posts: 32
    don't but any of this **** if you want the game fixed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    When you look past the fact that it might not be the Class yoh want, the value is pretty good, actually. Considering the usual cost of everything.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Science is green, so is spring. Let's have a spring sale on April 1st !

Oh they screwed up there too smh