**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Advancement Ranked Rewards Punishes Active Alliances

It happened again. My alliance ranked above the cutoff and missed out on alliance revives. The alliance is putting a ton of effort to try and keep our scores down, but we love the game. We want to play more, open more crystals, level up more champions, etc. But it's gotten to the point where there are talks about kicking people from the alliance because they opened too many crystals, causing us to go over the top 1% and miss out on the MUCH more valuable Alliance Revives.

I wish you could see our alliance's line chat to see how serious it actually is. Please consider changing the Summoner Advancement rewards so that it no longer punishes our activity and love for the game.

Comments

• Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    edited June 2017
    If missing a L2 AQ Revive once a week is cause for uproar maybe adopt a better approach?

Use glory to buy L4 AQ Health Pots and top up fights where you're low and limit the requirement to use revives.

Or don't use units to buy crystals only to get 2* dupes and use some on revives.

Alliances that make the highest cutoffs in SA are either spenders or grinders or both. None of those groups need to complain about missing out on 1 AQ reveive a week.

Also what is your description of 'active'?

My alliance is active and we normally sit in the 5-20% brackets.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    If missing a L2 AQ Revive once a week is cause for uproar maybe adopt a better approach?

Use glory to buy L4 AQ Health Pots and top up fights where you're low and limit the requirement to use revives.

Or don't use units to buy crystals only to get 2* dupes and use some on revives.

Alliances that make the highest cutoffs in SA are either spenders or grinders or both. None of those groups need to complain about missing out on 1 AQ reveive a week.

You're missing the point. Summoner's advancement is a badly designed quest because you're not allowed to play half the game until the quest is up.
  • Options
    LoPresti wrote: »

You're missing the point. Summoner's advancement is a badly designed quest because you're not allowed to play half the game until the quest is up.

What does this even mean?

BrianGrant hasn't mentioned the design other than it is not rewarding revives past a certain score or %

Pretty sure I got the point...
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★

BrianGrant hasn't mentioned the design other than it is not rewarding revives past a certain score or %

oh... ok, I reread it and I completely missed the point. They went too far and missed the revive. My bad.
  • Options
    BrianGrantBrianGrant Posts: 167

The point is, doing better should reward better, not worse.

It's not necessarily about the Alliance Revives (2 of them btw, not one), it's about feeling like we are doing something wrong by leveling up our champions and opening crystals. I choose to hoard my crystals, but others are forced to by the design of Summoner Advancement. And not being able to level up champions during double level up events is the worst feeling.
  • Options
    BrianGrant wrote: »

The point is, doing better should reward better, not worse.

It's not necessarily about the Alliance Revives (2 of them btw, not one), it's about feeling like we are doing something wrong by leveling up our champions and opening crystals. I choose to hoard my crystals, but others are forced to by the design of Summoner Advancement. And not being able to level up champions during double level up events is the worst feeling.

I agree with you on some of this. But the AQ revives have to be seen by all as a better reward than the ranks above that. I think a poll might be needed to clarify what people desire more.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    When is your next live stream?
  • Options
    I wish he'd just post screen shots of the line chat, names can be edited