**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Seasons 2

Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
With alliances still moving up/down tiers between seasons, it seems the only difference is we won’t be working towards rewards....

Can you please address this Kabam

Comments

• Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Address what? You've stated exactly what is going to happen...
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    it existed for a long time before seasons so you still get the rewards for winning. It’s nice because you don’t HAVE to go hard every war during the break.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    If you want to push to start for a higher multiplier to start season 2 then in between seasons is a great time to do that
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Everything will be as it was before season 1. You can still go up and down tiers. You can still get victory or loss rewards. As @Deadbyrd9 stated you can even continue to win and move up, so ou will start with a higher multiplier allowing you an advantage in S2.
  • Options
    Are any of you in platinum or master tier? I’ll “assume” not. If you think there will be downtime between the seasons where they are not pushing to stay in those tiers, than you are mistaken. It’s an added month of the same effort by the players without the rewards.
  • Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Tasty_Yum_Yums lol, @Riegel is number 3 AW overall, and I think @Deadbyrd9 is platinum or master too.
  • Options
    Point being, why have the functions of moving tiers without rewards?
  • Options
    stakstak Posts: 88
    Point being, why have the functions of moving tiers without rewards?

Were you not able to move tiers before seasons was introduced?
  • Options
    Moving tiers did not have an impact on season rewards before.

I am not opposed to kabam taking a break and potentially updating AW seasons. My suggestion would be freezing season rankings from one season to the next.
  • Options

I am not opposed to kabam taking a break and potentially updating AW seasons. My suggestion would be freezing season rankings from one season to the next.

In S2 you will start at 0 points earned. You will fight from scratch again to accumulate the most points. The only thing that matter in the down time is making sure you start with the highest possible multiplier.
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »

In S2 you will start at 0 points earned. You will fight from scratch again to accumulate the most points. The only thing that matter in the down time is making sure you start with the highest possible multiplier.

Thank you for that piece of information. Starting at zero is better than the ranks being influx throughout the offseason. It would be nice to freeze the multipliers as well.

Each war, everyone aims for the “W”. However, with the introduction of seasons, people are more invested and use more resources than before. It would be mutually beneficial of allowing us, the players, the offseason to rebuild the inventory without having it impact the next season.

I appreciate all of your feedback. I’m not asking/demanding kabam give rewards for the break between seasons. Only suggesting a way to minimize the impact between seasons.
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »

Thank you for that piece of information. Starting at zero is better than the ranks being influx throughout the offseason. It would be nice to freeze the multipliers as well.

Each war, everyone aims for the “W”. However, with the introduction of seasons, people are more invested and use more resources than before. It would be mutually beneficial of allowing us, the players, the offseason to rebuild the inventory without having it impact the next season.

I appreciate all of your feedback. I’m not asking/demanding kabam give rewards for the break between seasons. Only suggesting a way to minimize the impact between seasons.

I think most will spend the off time rebuilding resources, but the gap between S2 and S3 will be shorter. Kabam doesn't want you to organically rebuild supplies. They do want your money though. Can't fault them for that they have mouths to feed too.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Are any of you in platinum or master tier? I’ll “assume” not. If you think there will be downtime between the seasons where they are not pushing to stay in those tiers, than you are mistaken. It’s an added month of the same effort by the players without the rewards.

Why is “assume” in quotations? Did you not really assume?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My alliance will be pushing for the tier 1 multiplier but we probably won’t get there. I’m in a plat 3 alliance because we missed a war due to matchmaking. Otherwise we would be in the top 15 of plat 2. Starting off with he best multiplier you can get will benefit your overall score in the end
  • Options

Why is “assume” in quotations? Did you not really assume?

Not sure how your question has any bearing on the overarching topic, but I’ll respond. The quotations were meant to highlight the word (assume); showing significance. It was my preconceived notion the people who had initially responded, did not fall into one of the mentioned tiers. It stressed that I was not stating a fact.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    My alliance will be pushing for the tier 1 multiplier but we probably won’t get there. I’m in a plat 3 alliance because we missed a war due to matchmaking. Otherwise we would be in the top 15 of plat 2. Starting off with he best multiplier you can get will benefit your overall score in the end

Really? Kabam seems to think only one alliance was effected by their faulty matchmaking system that they knew was faulty before the season started lol.
  • Options
    VizardVizard Posts: 71
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't being in a higher tier (outside of AW seasons) guarantee you better rewards from war - win or lose? And others have noted, it means your alliance will start in a better position come season 2 if you win in the offseason. So I don't fully see the issue.

On matchmaking, yeah, it's terrible for everyone. My alliance had 4 wars in a row matching us with alliances around 14 to 15m. We lost those on attack bonus as we're about 3m lower than that and it pushed us from cusp of Platinum to into Gold 2 where we're finishing the season. Yay!
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Vizard wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't being in a higher tier (outside of AW seasons) guarantee you better rewards from war - win or lose? And others have noted, it means your alliance will start in a better position come season 2 if you win in the offseason. So I don't fully see the issue.

On matchmaking, yeah, it's terrible for everyone. My alliance had 4 wars in a row matching us with alliances around 14 to 15m. We lost those on attack bonus as we're about 3m lower than that and it pushed us from cusp of Platinum to into Gold 2 where we're finishing the season. Yay!

You are correct. The tier multipliers need to be tweaked for meaningful swings up and down when you win or lose
  • Options
    @Haji_Saab this was 4 wars and it happened to us about 4 weeks ago. Cusp of platinum 3 is probably hyperbolic - we were around 300-400 in gold 1. But at the time the difference between tiers was smaller given the smaller sample size.

Since that run we’ve been breaking even or close to it on W/L. But so has everyone else, so that’s kept us in the top 20 or so of Gold 2. Maybe we belong in Gold 2 *shrug* but I bet if we’d had better matchups for those 4 wars we’d be in Gold 1. And the reward gap between the two is so massive, it’ll make it that much harder to get out.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Vizard wrote: »
    @Haji_Saab this was 4 wars and it happened to us about 4 weeks ago. Cusp of platinum 3 is probably hyperbolic - we were around 300-400 in gold 1. But at the time the difference between tiers was smaller given the smaller sample size.

Since that run we’ve been breaking even or close to it on W/L. But so has everyone else, so that’s kept us in the top 20 or so of Gold 2. Maybe we belong in Gold 2 *shrug* but I bet if we’d had better matchups for those 4 wars we’d be in Gold 1. And the reward gap between the two is so massive, it’ll make it that much harder to get out.

What’s around 300-400? We move up about 10 spots for a win and down 15 for a loss so it would take some bad losses where you arnt clearing most of the map to make you drop that much that quickly.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    What do you mean what's around 300-400? But out of those 4 wars, we only had 1 where our final score was more than roughly 51K off the opponents' score (so basically about a 1k difference).

As for why we moved so much, I think it is because it was earlier on, so the total points each alliance had was less. So as a %, 50K or so points would make a bigger difference than it does later on. For instance, as you say, we lost a war in the past week and only dropped about 10 spots.

But that's all besides the point, it is what it is. We did just beat a team of cheaters or whales (unclear which), so that was nice.

My initial point regarding matchmaking just being that the system is broken and, as most of us know, has been since the beginning. I think adding more subtiers (so having a Gold 1 - 10) with fewer alliances in each tier would be good. It will mean alliances in that 500+ range in each tier now would get lesser rewards, but if they scaled rewards better, could also mean those in the top of Gold 2 aren't feeling as jaded by it (or Gold 1 vs Plat). Since often the difference between such alliances is very minimal and can come down to matchmaking luck.