Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How to defeat Hyperion???

He guys! As we all know Hyperion is a very powerful champion in the game. I mean, He has everything needed to win the game!!!
He has cosmic regen, power gain, heavy attacks give him 2 furies, his sp3 is amazing, he hits like a truck etc. I just want to know HOW TO DEFEAT THIS OVERLOADED WITH POWER CHAMPION!!!

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,775 ★★★★★
    Power control champs work great on him. Also his specials are easy to bait if something goes wrong
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited March 2018
    As mentioned, a power control champ is the easiest way to go about it.

Magik, Vision, Voodoo, Hawkeye, CW, Psylock, Nebula are a few solid options.

Any champ with nullify is also good such as Witch or awakened Dr Strange with his counterspell and fate seal.

Champs with stagger can also shut down his power gain, like Hood, Jane Foster, or Juggs.

Iceman and Luke Cage can minimize S3 damage or eliminate it completely with their ice armor and indestructible buffs.

Awakened GP can reduce S3 damage and also has a bit of power control with enervate. Though her power control won't stop his auto power gain, but he won't gain power from being attacked.

And if you don't have ANY of those champs available, you just have to play a little smarter and bait his specials. I find the AI with him is usually a bit on the aggressive side and will often spam his S1.
  • Options
    Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    I use mephisto...no power gain for mr.hyperion with soul imprisonment
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    My main boy Luke absolutely wrecked him. Exhaustion quickly hindered his power gain and at times even reversed it. Didn’t even get to L3 but it wouldn’t have worked at all

Also:
    Iceman
    Magik
    Voodoo
    Vision (Age of Ultron)
    Mephisto
    I think Psylocke
    Winter Soldier if you’re lucky
    Scarlet Witch
    Hood
    Dormammu

He’s annoying but anyone who passes through Masters, Act5.1 or is uncollected WILL agree that having power control is essential in higher tier play
  • Options
    Modok lowers and can even shut down power gain
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I just got done exploring 5.3, and the champ i used for hyperion (who had increased power gain, increased buff duration, and stun immunity) was actually sparky. Taunts make baiting super easy, and sparky can always power drain on the heavy attack
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    Does anyone really use his regen though? It's laughable. That's like saying you bring ultron in to a fight for his evade ability.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Mephisto is a pretty good counter as well soul imprisonment stops powergain.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Quake will work against Hyperion in a pinch.
  • Options
    I have a Dormammu
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Firstly we'd like to say thank you for the excellent advice in here. Hyperion can be pretty tough when you first start encountering him, so a lot of these tips are incredibly useful!

From what we've seen elsewhere on the Forums, players have found a good few Champions to help take him down, such as:

Magik (SP2 drains and locks Power)
    Psylocke (SP1 has Power Drain, and if it successfully brings the opponent down to the previous Power Bar, it instantly refills her SP1 again)
    Vision (SP1 and SP2)
    Dormammu (SP2)
    Mephisto (Soul Imprisonment)

Thanks again everyone for your insight, please keep it coming, it's greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Oh yeah. The upcoming champion, Corvius Glave is potentially can be one of Hyperion counters. I have seen his descriptions from the rift and he has a very interesting ability
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Does anyone really use his regen though? It's laughable. That's like saying you bring ultron in to a fight for his evade ability.

It regens a pretty decent amount. I use the regen a lot for my Hyperion, over a third of his health. I take him for poison path and I can get him from 10% health to 100% in 3 fights. Clearly not the best, but that’s far better than nothing and saves you about 1000 units if you were to try and heal up with potions.
  • Options
    DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Spidergwen