**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drop Alliance Quest Battlegroup Joining Criteria

Many groups of mixed ability must have the same problem, but slow joining makes it hard to make good progress, and weaker players cannot be made to join the later quests. About the only way to offset this is for stronger players to join the later quests and make them more attractive, but this is hard if the quests won't open up, as they're busy piling into the first battlegroup.

There's no need for the game to shepherd players first into battlegroup 1 then group 2: they'll do that anyway. But the restriction upon being able to join later groups makes it hard on those of us who are attempting to push the envelope and stretch the alliance when it isn't yet ready for the next map.

Allowing groups to spread out sooner into later groups makes for a better game dynamic, so the requirement to have a minimum membership taking part in the the previous group should be dropped.

Comments

• MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    Morosoph wrote: »
    weaker players cannot be made to join the later quests.

I meant later battlegroups, that is: groups 2 and especially 3.
  • Christian899Christian899 Posts: 88
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I don’t see the point in having a set amount of members fill spots in BG1 before BG2 unlocks and so on. I’m in BG 3 in my alliance and at times it takes a while to join simply because I’m waiting on BG2 to fill up with 3 members (or whatever the requirement is) to unlock BG3. I agree that there should be no minimums.

For your situation a temporary workaround would be to ask your leader if you could be in BG1 permanently. That way you could be first in and don’t have to wait on others who join later.
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    For your situation a temporary workaround would be to ask your leader if you could be in BG1 permanently. That way you could be first in and don’t have to wait on others who join later.

Thanks, except that I'm one of the main organisers, so I've been trying to drum folk into the other groups with poor success. Last time, I tried discouraging folk from joining group 1, and they didn't join at all! Joining BG1 just results in overcrowding BG1. If keen players could just join other groups, rather than having to join BG1, the problem would largely solve itself. 7:7:7 players would be ideal. Instead, we largely get 10:9:2, sometimes 10:8:3, if we're lucky.