**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6 star Basic or Featured crystal?

I have 10k shards, just wondering which crystal is worth going for. I've seen some bad luck with the featured which is putting me off wasting 5k shards, but there are some amazing champs in that crystal compared to the basic. Not sure if a poll like this has already been made, but I'd appreciate some feedback as I'm not sure which is the best to go for. Thanks :)

6 star Basic or Featured crystal? 39 votes

6 star Basic crystal (10k)
38%
sfu_koraxbuffajrDanicb94meoreanDmack976637ZzzShadeZeroMcfly89SharkPowerr99vikasjoshi9617StrNiteAndDaeKaanG95My_Superiorakshay9768 15 votes
6 star Featured crystal (15k)
61%
EvilEmpireBitterSteelJaffacakedKossukoseR4GEbuttersGreifmaster911vinniegainzAKTEKCheskoThecrusher_9756Marvsbdtaojay1Repto23The_DutchmanComicWeaponGamerTScruffy04TheRealmKeeperJNuclear 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    The way I think of it is

Featured- I’d be happy with 15, ok with 7 and hate 2
    Basic- I’d be happy with 7, ok with 8 and hate 9

For me that’s worth an extra 5k shards. Also where I am in the game, none of the basic pool will help me with content. Sure, a yondu would be nice but nice is all it will be. Whereas, I don’t have blade so Gladiator hulk would be heavenly, Killmonger would be amazing to counter medusa in Aw and true strike without having to do specials is awesome, Morningstar is a game changer and LoL option and then Void is awesome.

So I’d definitely advise against basic, save for the featured and maybe even wait until the next pool is announced. Then you can look at the new pool and the current pool and decide which one to go for
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    I can agree with that @BitterSteel the featured pool has far less garbage
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Personally I opened a basic and got lucky with RHulk but if you are think about featured then start saving and before you open wait to see who will be in the next featured pool and pick from which one has better champs/odds
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Oh didn't noticed that's what BitterSteel said lmao but it's solid advice
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Lots of good stuff in the feature pool, got Angelina myself was very pleased with that.
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Mostly all of the YouTube videos of people opening the featured has shown really bad pulls.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I didn't wait for the feature and have myself a shiny new Deadpool X. You decide if it's worth the risk (he surprisingly kicked butt in Act 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 FWIW)