**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Despair broken?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
edited April 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have Despair at Mastery level three; which should reduce healing by 15% per debuff. Usually this seems to work; but it doesn't against Mephisto:

chh16hbpiihf.png

As you can see, I have nine shock charges on Mephisto, but he's still healing significantly.

I suspect this is caused by a flaw in the coding that makes Mephisto invulnerable whilst regenerating; as there are other instances of him healing when he shouldn't:
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60141/is-mephisto-broken#latest

Could a Mod please arrange for this to be looked into?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    This seems to be all about Mephisto's coding. It can be very tough to stop that regen.

Guillotine's phantasm is completely ignored and he regenerates as usual (I would think it should act as a heal block since the healing is turned to damage and the damage is ignored while Mephisto is consuming souls.)

If I'm not mistaken, Void can stop the healing, but he's unable to reverse it during the time when he's consuming souls.

You can't stop him from triggering this healing phase by reducing ability accuracy. His description grants him this workaround.

I honestly don't know how heal block affects this regen.

Kabam made Mephisto's regen pretty unique as far as regen goes. I wouldn't be surprised if despair is also ignored.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Mirage_Turtle.

If this is working as intended, given that this is the 'Bugs' thread, it should be easy for one of the Mods to clarify.

If Mephisto's regeneration is that resistant to being interfered with, it really should be clearer in his character description.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    This seems to be all about Mephisto's coding. It can be very tough to stop that regen.

Guillotine's phantasm is completely ignored and he regenerates as usual (I would think it should act as a heal block since the healing is turned to damage and the damage is ignored while Mephisto is consuming souls.)

If I'm not mistaken, Void can stop the healing, but he's unable to reverse it during the time when he's consuming souls.

You can't stop him from triggering this healing phase by reducing ability accuracy. His description grants him this workaround.

I honestly don't know how heal block affects this regen.

Kabam made Mephisto's regen pretty unique as far as regen goes. I wouldn't be surprised if despair is also ignored.
    You can stop the regen by reducing ability accuracy, just not with passive ability accuracy.

So, BW and CB won’t work (Passive reduction), but Quake with concussion can (Active reduction).
  • Options
    So this doesn't seem to have been recognised as an issue. Could a mod respond? It'd be nice to get an explanation for another Mastery not working as described.

Thanks.