**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When my Gold hits zero, I will....

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I finished the last gold realm or whatever its name was with 10m gold. I am now at 2m gold. The decline is pretty steady. Let me go through the normal solutions offers and put the rebuttal forward to you.

1. Don't waste gold on useless rank ups:
During this time, I have not ranked up any 4* champ. to r3 or above. I have not ranked up any useless 5* beyond 1/25. I still am looking towards a gold bankruptcy in a few weeks.

2. Arena is the solution to everything:
During this time, I have landed the 1,000 shards from 5-star arena few times, 2,000 shards couple of times and 500 shards on consistent basis. So, I am well in top 25% of arena players. It still didn't increase my net gold.

3. Questing brings Gold:
During this time, I have finished all Heroic to Uncollected quests every time and ran through completion of Normal / Beginner. I did 100% LOL and 100% Act 5. My net gold still didn't increase.

4. Map 6 is draining you of all the gold
We have not run a single Map 6 (unless when it was free of cost)

Now, I know guys who are sitting on mountains of gold and are doing all kinds of rank ups. One guy in my alliance donated gold for the whole alliance couple of weeks back because he had too much of it. But what I have found about them is that they normally go really hard at arena. I am talking about people who consistently finish either winning the champs or on their "off" week, in top 10% bracket.

This is in essence an RPG game despite the appearance of fighting game. And upgrading your characters, weapons, gear , whatever you want to call it is always a blood line for an RPG. If you want to restrict rank ups to 10% of your players base, that is your choice but it will alienate 90% of your player-base. I sat behind the t4cc wall for a year, but it was ok as I was able to still rank up 3* and 4* to a certain level. There was something happening. I can't do that with a gold wall.

So, coming to the topic, When my gold hits zero, I am probably out. I don't see a future in which I will enjoy the game without upgrading anyone.

P.S. The gold crystals are abysmal. And the gold masteries are abysmal-er.
P.S.S. This is the 100th (or more) thread on Gold shortage.

Comments

• I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    If gold is the main issue. The fastest way to gain more gold is opening FGMC. every dupe awards tier 5 iso. Which you can sell for a nice sum. Granted this can cost a few thousand´s and might be a bad option for the majority of the community.
    Other than that only make important rank ups like 5*s to r4 and r5. Until you stabilize your gold.
  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    I personally would like to see a gold realm soon as I'm getting low on gold too. But right now I think deciding who to rank up and who not to, will be key in the future of the game.

Unless you´re a huge spender I don't think it´s intended to be able to rank every champ, and you must choose carefully.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    A special gold quest for those who do not wish to grind in arenas? I am just curious why the attitute is that of you want t4cc you should settle for the pathetic excuse for shard crystals and the handful that are available as quest rewards but if you need gold there should be a special quest for you? Oh wait! There is! So you just want it to give you more gold? Mind of i go ahead here and ask for a t4cc quest? One that gives out more than 750 shards? And run more than once a year?
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Luckily for me, I'm still doing the story quest, and Act 4 gives a lot of gold (like 20k+ per run)...granted I've used like 400 units for 4.2.5-4.2.6 but those can be replaced by Arena grind.

There is a gold shortage though. The crystals (nice BS half off offer, Kabam) and Arena shouldn't be the only options. The gold for rewards for many things is outdated and pathetic.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I want to add:

1. Sell expiring Iso
    2. Sell expiring items
    3. Rank up only 2 5 star champs per month to rank 3.
    4. Dont rank more 2, 3, 4 stars unless you rank only 1 5 star a month.

5. Stop whining
    6. Play map 3 or map 4. The low donations allow you to have a surplus of gold and not a deficit while having ideal amount of resources not expiring. I have an abudance of resources anyway.

I have 10 million gold and my account has 40 5 stars almost all of them rank 3 or more. I have also 75 4 stars with almost half of those maxed.

Stop whinning. The game was not designed so you can rank up all the champs yoy want inmediately.
  • BrandJennBrandJenn Posts: 145
    Bro do you even fgmc?

Lol sorry I want to start the new trend for all the people that say "do arena" because even they started to run low on gold/will run low once they rank up their 5*/6* champs like myself.
    I do arena all the time and never have had an issue with gold. My balance rarely changes. And i rank up my champs exactly the way GroundedWisdom does. If you don’t want to except arena as a solution, then I’ll guess people will just have to sit there and complain waiting for Kabam to give them free stuff
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I’m in in a similar boat. 10M -> 2M currently. I rank up whoever I want though and rank up garbage unduped 5*s to R3 just cause I have the catalysts to. 790k rated. I also do Map 6x5 (500k+ weekly gold donation) with no gold return from those maps. I don’t buy FGMC but will spend for good deals every now and then. But I’ve found an old way to keep ranking up like I do and stay afloat. Solution? Stop buying gold from Kabam and find other ways to get gold.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Same old M.O. I see.
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @Haji_Saab

Your post is proving the point that many of us have been making all along about the gold issue. I have gone broke 3 times in two years. I don’t have a vast 5* roster my problem was not knowing that I needed to be in the arenas everyday for about 3 hours.

There are players right now sitting on 5-7M in gold thinking they don’t have a gold problem because they are grinding the arena. They aren’t noticing their net loss in gold each week because it’s smal, a few hundred thousand here or there. In a month or two that gold stash will be down to 2.5-3.5M and then they will pull a god tier 5 or 6* champ, immediately rank them up and run out of gold.

FYI: pay no attention to the player who is maxing out 3* players, doesn’t have the roster to hit all of the milestones in multiple arenas, but comes on to the forums to give advice about how to play the game effectively. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Yes. I Max out 3*s. There's something called SA. There's also something called Level Up. "He" doesn't ignore the rest of his Roster because something new came along. "He" has a sufficient Roster to hit all the Milestones in multiple Arenas. "He" usually runs 3-5 simultaneously. "He" has the stats to support that. Apparently, "He" does know what he's talking about because "He" never runs out of Gold and Ranks at a consistent pace.

To be fair, if everyone in this game ran Map 1-3 and weren’t uncollected and don’t do uncollected monthly quest and still getting 3* and 4* shards from AW wins, no one would be having gold issues. I know you will take it personally but I really don’t mean it that way. Just different circumstances for different people.

So you form assumptions about my game play and continually use that in debates, but tell me it's not meant to be personal. Had you not tried the same belittling tactic before, that might be plausible. However you repeated attempts speak for themselves.
    I sell iso because i open 2 4 star crystals per week. That is alot of iso without counting 2, 3 star crystals. I have 2,000 iso and I sell a lot weekly so excuses.

Boys 99 excuses and whinning is not one!!!!!!!
    @Haji_Saab

Your post is proving the point that many of us have been making all along about the gold issue. I have gone broke 3 times in two years. I don’t have a vast 5* roster my problem was not knowing that I needed to be in the arenas everyday for about 3 hours.

There are players right now sitting on 5-7M in gold thinking they don’t have a gold problem because they are grinding the arena. They aren’t noticing their net loss in gold each week because it’s smal, a few hundred thousand here or there. In a month or two that gold stash will be down to 2.5-3.5M and then they will pull a god tier 5 or 6* champ, immediately rank them up and run out of gold.

FYI: pay no attention to the player who is maxing out 3* players, doesn’t have the roster to hit all of the milestones in multiple arenas, but comes on to the forums to give advice about how to play the game effectively. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Yes. I Max out 3*s. There's something called SA. There's also something called Level Up. "He" doesn't ignore the rest of his Roster because something new came along. "He" has a sufficient Roster to hit all the Milestones in multiple Arenas. "He" usually runs 3-5 simultaneously. "He" has the stats to support that. Apparently, "He" does know what he's talking about because "He" never runs out of Gold and Ranks at a consistent pace.

To be fair, if everyone in this game ran Map 1-3 and weren’t uncollected and don’t do uncollected monthly quest and still getting 3* and 4* shards from AW wins, no one would be having gold issues. I know you will take it personally but I really don’t mean it that way. Just different circumstances for different people.

So you form assumptions about my game play and continually use that in debates, but tell me it's not meant to be personal. Had you not tried the same belittling tactic before, that might be plausible. However you repeated attempts speak for themselves.

Well the OP stated his credentials of what AQ maps he plays, what champs he ranks up, what event quests he completes, and where he is generally at in the game. So it makes the best case when someone offering a solution does the same. You made a suggestion to OP of how to resolve his gold issues because it seems like you don’t have gold issues in the game with what you’re doing. I am inquiring under what circumstances you would be in to not have gold issues and maybe state in the same format like OP did. But I know you won’t do that so I’ll drop it. Just different circumstances for different people.

The assumptions I made were of a general player in that range of the game, they wouldn’t be having gold issues because they have not reached the bigger gold sinks in the game quite yet.

The OP is free to state whatever they want. My details are mine to share if I choose. Considering the fact that I usually don't share them, I would be curious at the fact that people presume to know them. Curious indeed at the means of acquiring those things, given the fact that I don't share them, and even more curious that the information keeps circulating as some form of low-rent, overplayed ammunition. Almost as curious as the fact that someone continually calls out lack of experience in many discussions in an off-topic way, claiming it's pertinent to the discussion, when in actuality it's just an attempt to expose someone out of validity. Also as equally curious as the idea that the same people jump in whenever such an attempt is made. Then again, if I think about it, it's not curious at all.
    Moving on.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    The way I try to deal with it is to set a minimum amount of gold and never go under that. For me that’s 2 million which I’ll admit I recently broke and went down to 1.4. Got a couple of good 5* pulls recently and took another to r3 and a 4* to r5. Since then I’ve simply stopped spending gold until I reach that 2 mil again, excluding the weekly donation of 68k gold in order to run map 5 twice a week and map 4 once. I was at 1.4mil 2 weeks ago, now I’m just over 1.8. Mostly from all of the overflowing iso that I’ve sold after collecting in monthly event quests and duping etc. I do around 200-300k in each 4* basic arena too. I might not be the very top like some people, not sure I want to be to be completely honest, but 5*s do cost a lot and I think that’s fair. They don’t want us to upgrade all the 5*s we get immediately, it’s supposed to take time to get there. But setting a minimum and sticking to it really does help, this is the only time I’ve ever gone below 2 mil since the very first gold realms. You just have to control it as best you can, maybe there’ll be another gold realm at some point to stock up on it again, but for now I would just set yourself a minimum and see if that helps you out at all.
    @Haji_Saab

Bro you can play map 4 too. I do uncollected every month. I dont know why is hard to understand to people.

You play map 5 and map 6 and you will have an overflow of resources t4cc and t4b.

You wont be able to rank up every single 5 star. Again i have 40 5 stars half of them rank 3 or above. I have 2 6 star fully ready for level 2. And close to 80 4 stars 20 of them maxed. Countless of 2 and 3 star champ maxed and still have 2000 iso and 10 million gold in my stash.

I only do 50 rounds of arena. 25 in basic and 25 in feature.

The game was not designed so you can rank up every champ you want as fast as you get it. I guess this is rocket science.
    The way I try to deal with it is to set a minimum amount of gold and never go under that. For me that’s 2 million which I’ll admit I recently broke and went down to 1.4. Got a couple of good 5* pulls recently and took another to r3 and a 4* to r5. Since then I’ve simply stopped spending gold until I reach that 2 mil again, excluding the weekly donation of 68k gold in order to run map 5 twice a week and map 4 once. I was at 1.4mil 2 weeks ago, now I’m just over 1.8. Mostly from all of the overflowing iso that I’ve sold after collecting in monthly event quests and duping etc. I do around 200-300k in each 4* basic arena too. I might not be the very top like some people, not sure I want to be to be completely honest, but 5*s do cost a lot and I think that’s fair. They don’t want us to upgrade all the 5*s we get immediately, it’s supposed to take time to get there. But setting a minimum and sticking to it really does help, this is the only time I’ve ever gone below 2 mil since the very first gold realms. You just have to control it as best you can, maybe there’ll be another gold realm at some point to stock up on it again, but for now I would just set yourself a minimum and see if that helps you out at all.

That's what I do. Keep a minimum balance and pace myself.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    @Haji_Saab

Bro you can play map 4 too. I do uncollected every month. I dont know why is hard to understand to people.

You play map 5 and map 6 and you will have an overflow of resources t4cc and t4b.

You wont be able to rank up every single 5 star. Again i have 40 5 stars half of them rank 3 or above. I have 2 6 star fully ready for level 2. And close to 80 4 stars 20 of them maxed. Countless of 2 and 3 star champ maxed and still have 2000 iso and 10 million gold in my stash.

The game was not designed so you can rank up every champ you want as fast as you get it. I guess this is rocket science.

Yes I understand that. I don't want to give up Map 6x5 currently and know that only a small portion of players run that. But I found my solution to maintaining gold requirements from donations and leveling-up. Starting to see signs of gold increase rather than decrease finally.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    @Haji_Saab

Yes I understand that. I don't want to give up Map 6x5 currently and know that only a small portion of players run that. But I found my solution to maintaining gold requirements from donations and leveling-up. Starting to see signs of gold increase rather than decrease finally.

Very true. Just limit your leveling options to God tier champs and sell expiring catalyst while keeping all of them maxed if you dont need them. Yes sell resources that are about to expire.

Soon we will have T5CC and selling T4CC will be a thing.
This discussion has been closed.