**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bishop

I’m just wondering what the hype is about Bishop? As far as I’m concerned he’s not that great of a champ. I know his medium attack is broken and it’s being looked into but otherwise he’s not that great. I’ve used him in AQ and AW and he’s by far the worst champ I have. Any input would be welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Mikea117 wrote: »
    I’m just wondering what the hype is about Bishop? As far as I’m concerned he’s not that great of a champ. I know his medium attack is broken and it’s being looked into but otherwise he’s not that great. I’ve used him in AQ and AW and he’s by far the worst champ I have. Any input would be welcomed.

Search up some content Creator videos on him,They explain it far better than I could here.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    There is way too much to go over in a single text post so ya maybe watch a few videos on him. He is comparable to rogue in short.

Here is a few tips that is often overlooked/not discussed:

1. He is effectively bleed immune even against bleed nodes. He purifies one bleed per prowess even the bleed nodes that drain 100% health over 60 secs. I ran him on the bleed path in AQ.

2. Parry special energy attacks (from a skill sentinel u gain 18 prowess!, it's insane)

3. An awesome 3-man synergy team is DS, mephisto and bishop

Mephisto gets boosted incinerate damage and is poison immune

DS gets +70% lifesteal so its actually really really good I think people underestimate this (a 4* @3/30 heals for over 170hp per hit without any regen boost masteries)

Bishop starts every fight with +2 prowess and +8% bar in additional to w.e. u ended the last fight with.

Trust me the more I am using this guy the more I am understanding things even some of the content creators missed. (To be fair they are so limited though).

He requires an immense amount of skill to play = fun for me but is well worth it when he is optimized.

But ya that 3 man synergy has been especially helpful with sentinels and the new AQ and it is starting to feel like a cheat code.
    I felt obligated to help since you think he's the worst champ you have by far, a hasty conclusion I made at first (though always thought he was fun to mess around with).
  • Options
    Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    Yeah I’m using him with DS and he’s a 4* 3/30, he was wasted by dorm in about 20 hits and hats partially due to the medium attack bug, but still I’m on the fence about him. Thanks oldie the input and I’ve watched vids on him but that doesn’t help as they’re using the content creator aspect which tops him out at max sig and level. Not really helpful otherwise.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I have been testing him recently, just asked a question about the Psylocke synergy a couple of days ago. He isn't the most powerful character out there, so I understand why some might be down on him.

But I actually kinda like using him in certain matchups. His energy resistance...wow. You can just go to town on Electros and Doctor Stranges and Magnetos.

If you are good at Parrying, you can play him a few ways -- healing consistently, or increased special damage. I like having that option.

I don't want to pretend that Bishop is a game-changer. He isn't. But there are some good things that can be done with the character, depending on how you play
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Mephisto is already poison immune. Souunds like Bishop s a nice champ. Wouldntt mind gettig himi the featured 6 crystal
  • Options
    I’m still on the fence about him, I’ve been playing arena and such and just messing around and he still isn’t good. I mean dorm destroyed him in 20 moves mainly based on the broken attack (again I’m aware it’s being looked at and reported to be fixed in the new update) but it’s either just me or something but his energy resistance isn’t that great. I mean it says it is but dorms specials annihilate Bishop. From what I’ve seen and read about him he’s only good for energy over time. Honestly if he wasn’t a “rare” featured drop that I got I’d probably sell him. And his prowess 10% attack stack doesn’t work like it says. 25 stacked prowess=250% added damage based on the description yet doesn’t break 3-4K damage on his special 2 bar like everyone says to use it. (Content creators)
  • Options
    e6pfj2p94iml.png
  • Options
    Mikea117 wrote: »
    I’m still on the fence about him, I’ve been playing arena and such and just messing around and he still isn’t good. I mean dorm destroyed him in 20 moves mainly based on the broken attack (again I’m aware it’s being looked at and reported to be fixed in the new update) but it’s either just me or something but his energy resistance isn’t that great. I mean it says it is but dorms specials annihilate Bishop. From what I’ve seen and read about him he’s only good for energy over time. Honestly if he wasn’t a “rare” featured drop that I got I’d probably sell him. And his prowess 10% attack stack doesn’t work like it says. 25 stacked prowess=250% added damage based on the description yet doesn’t break 3-4K damage on his special 2 bar like everyone says to use it. (Content creators)

I am not sure now if this is just a post in attempt to get him buffed?

At 24 prowess a 3/45 bishop hits an ~40k sp2.
    I don't know what to say LOL. You must be doing something wrong?
  • Options
    I’m not trying to get him buffed by any means. I’m just trying to get insight on why players think he’s good. And I have an unduped 4* at 3/30 Bishop, not a 5*. I mean my 3* sym spidey does the 3-4K with his special 2. Lol
  • Options
    Ok I am guessing that your low hits are not crits whereas symb spidey has guarenteed sp2 crits.
  • Options
    No I’ve been hitting crits with Bishop which is why I wasn’t understanding how he wasn’t doing much damage. My masteries are set for crit rates and crit damage. Maxed except the Stoney mastery core access ones. I still have to unlock those haha