**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I’m defense of Spidergwen and Jane Foster

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
RELAX I’m not saying either one is god tier

Jane Foster:
Notable abilities: Shock, Stun, Energy resist, Stagger, guaranteed critting stunned enemies

Now there are 2 ways to get the most from her. Legal Defense and SHIELD! Similar to Hulk, Ronan and maybe Thor, Jane has permanent-stun potential. Personally Shulk and DD with elektra and either extra Shulk or DD/Elektra has reasonable permanent stun tech if used right and if not she’s a lesser variant of Karnak that has massive Crit rate (3/5 if used correctly)

VERY useable for most if not all Masters, pretty good addition when using classic Thor on your team too, and shreds Sentinels like butter!

Spider Gwen:
Notable abilities: double critting and armor breaking…
Pretty simple she’s actually a very straight forward heavy hitter. My alliance mates have consistently proved a 4/40 3* able to take out 4/55 5*s pretty easy

Neither are Gods but they have uses and arent completely as bad as people say

Comments

• Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I don't disagree with you. While I personally won't put both of them as my top choices, but hey who doesn't dig pretty chicks! :) LOL just kidding, in all seriousness, I do understand She-Thor JF has permanent-stun potential, sadly it may require a lot of practices and I didn't manage to put her into good use (not her fault), and easier choices are in hand so I'm more prone to use Hulk and Ronan instead, even Starky. Also, didn't want to invest too much resources on her, so the 4* JF only go as far as R3/30 for arena roster. She-Spidey (SG), like any other spiders in the family, does hit hard, occasionally I find the lack of attack in her SP1 cumbersome and not-handy, but make no mistakes, she does hit hard. Sadly she lacks alot of utilities, and abilities, and they are plenty of other champs who can hit equally hard or harder and more versatile, so similarly, the 4* SG nly go as far as R3/30 for arena roster. I would certainly welcome some changes to them to give them additional abilities and utilities and versatile to give them better chances to be considered for quest, AQ or AW. And yes, Neither are Gods but they have uses and aren't completely as bad as people say.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Actually I think SG gets more of a bad rap than she deserves. She does decent Damage. Probably even useful against Sentinels with Armor Break. ;)
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Thank goodness someone made a post about this! As a self proclaimed Spider Gwen rights activist, I can indeed agree with everything you've stated in this post. I think SG gets a bad rap just because of the SP1, but she does hit REALLY hard. Proud of my 5* SG!
    As far as Jane Foster goes, I do think she has more potential than, say, Colossus. Thing is, she needs the dupe, which not a lot of people are going to be happy with at 5* or even 6* now. But yeah, she is definitely another underrated solid champion. Good work Mr. Otter!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    In a bubble, you can effectively use SG and Jane to get through a lot of content. Seatin even used SG to beat ROL.

However, they don't bring anything to the table that isn't in a better form somewhere else.

Yes, Jane can stun lock. Ronan is 10x better at it. She can crit, but so can Electro and Scarlet Witch.

SG has evade, but needs her SP1 to get it whereas SG Spidey, Spark, and NC have it naturally without wasting power to get it. She can hit hard, but there is a laundry list of other champs who hit much harder.

Why race with a Corolla when you can use a Porsche...
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    So...? I can use a maxed 1* and beat a maxed 5*.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    So...? I can use a maxed 1* and beat a maxed 5*.

U need to b extremely skilled but it's not impossible
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I will talk about spider Gwen since that's what I have at 4* 3/30.

She hits hard agreed, she has 2 modes that probably can be mixed to increase her effectiveness such as armor break with one, then heavy with other.

But there's too much going against her, which is why other champs are preferred.
    1) Squishy - applies in general to all spiders and they just can't take damage.
    2) Famous SP1 - Need more utility out of that one. First time I saw that, I couldn't stop thinking "That's it??".
    3) Mode switching is slow/clunky and by the time you switch mode armor break is gone.
    4) Heavy attack reach is as small as it can be ie No reach.

Her only saving Grace is sp2 and sorry to say, but that doesn't save her from being discarded as arena fodder.

Opinions welcome and you can correct me if I got something Wrong.