**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Karnak's focus

zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,156 ★★★★★
So I recently pulled Karnak and was looking over his abilities to decide if I should rank him up to pair with my Medusa. His base crit rating of 327 gives him a 14% chance to land a crit. When focused he gains nearly 4,000 additional crit rating. Shouldn't that make his crit rating 100%? I tested this theory and he certainly doesn't crit on every attack. My question is why doesn't he when based on the math his crit rating would exceed 100%

Comments

• Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Diminishing Returns is what stops the 100%. Idk how high he goes myself but I'd guess in the 75%+ range or so which is pretty high. All they need to do to fix him is extend his True Strike by 5-10 seconds and give him a big boost to Crit Damage.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I pulled Karnak too few days back. In reality he crits like 3/5 hits when true strike is on. With class advantage, I tried to test him out against a fellow team mates 5 star r4 LC duped. And Karnak was truly impressive when true strike was on. His crits were 3k+ at r1. Unbelievable. He really needs that true strike to stay longer. I hope he is in line to get some buff.
  • Options
    Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    I pulled Karnak too few days back. In reality he crits like 3/5 hits when true strike is on. With class advantage, I tried to test him out against a fellow team mates 5 star r4 LC duped. And Karnak was truly impressive when true strike was on. His crits were 3k+ at r1. Unbelievable. He really needs that true strike to stay longer. I hope he is in line to get some buff.

Luke Cage is not a typical test subject for this. LC relies on resistances to reduce incoming damage (which True Strike ignores), so the change is a lot higher against him than most other champs.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    With focus on, karnak's crit rate is about 70%. Because of diminishing returns, you would need to have a crit rating of over 100k to even approach 100%.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Actually I’ve dabbled here and there with this and would like to point out those values mean nothing. There is no %=Fv formula that makes sense and it’s all statistical theater
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

Luke Cage is not a typical test subject for this. LC relies on resistances to reduce incoming damage (which True Strike ignores), so the change is a lot higher against him than most other champs.

You are right. Agree with you totally. But still I had to find some positives after pulling him. Or else I would go crazy after pulling meh champs back to back 😊