**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arenas (I'm not pissed or anything but please see!)

I went 6.3 million and, of course, was just out of reach of hyperion. While I'm not trying to be "butthurt" or anything of the sort, I have to say these cutoffs are getting kinda insane. I mean, in all honestly voodoo is generally a better char than hyperion (nullify, regeneration, powersteal, powerdrain) and with that said should have been the top basic cutoff for a while now, which is why I only went a bit over 6 million. The entire purpose of these seperate arenas was to make it easier for players like us to easily make the cutoffs for new champions to add to our roster. And while I know that cutoffs could vary greatly depending on the current basic champion, were these arenas really made so that I'd have to grind for nearly triple of one champion's cutoff (venom) just to get another? (you know who).

Comments

• Options
    ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    Only 140k players put in the minimum just because 6.1 million was good for 1 doesn't mean for both. Also 6.1 million is not all that insane I was at 8.1 million with 18 hours left. Sorry for your luck I heard from my alliance go for 6.5 million minimum if you want him and they were right.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    Highly desired champion. I'm not super high rank. Did 8 for voodoo and 7.6 for hyperion with 2 days playing, not losing any sleep and a few free boosts (not the Android ones).

I don't get why everyone is freaking out.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can't look at just the good champs to judge arenas. The not as desirable basics like venom are easy for new players to get which was one of the main purposes for this arena setup.

I wanted hype because I had voodoo so I'm sure other people were in the same boat for either arenas. People just wanted to be safe after last arena for voodoo
  • Options
    Gonna go 7 or more next round for awakening with not a ton of effort. It's a highly desired champ.
  • Options
    Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    smdam38 wrote: »
    Gonna go 7 or more next round for awakening with not a ton of effort. It's a highly desired champ.

Slow clap...thanks for sharing you stud.
  • Options
    Are you flirting with me?
  • Options
    KingKong666KingKong666 Posts: 48
    I will push for Hype on next arena but only so Kabam have a reason to stop giving me cosmic T4C.
  • Options
    I can't stop getting mutant or tech. Would love some fister or science.
  • Options
    ZappZapp Posts: 69
    It's a selfe perpetuating problem. The cutoff is also moved by the amount of players that choose to even take part in arena. As the first answer said, only 140.000 people entered the minimum, probably because most people (like me) thought it just wasn't worth the effort of even trying to go for a champ like Hyperion.

So you have the combination of:
    - Punisher Featured (really not that desired)
    - Hyperion currently top cosmic champion
    - People getting tired of arena and not even trying (get into the pool problem)

Same effect just reversed keeps the scores around 2 Mil for old champs while a new featured hero runs parallel.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    The scores are just about right. It gives newer players a chance to progress their rosters with cheap rerun basic champs, and stronger players a chance to progress their bigger rosters with new basic champs that require significant effort to grind for.

I, for one, have given up grinding for basics just because we get 4* crystals so often that it's a sooner or later thing that you'll get them from crystals. So just chill and enjoy the game. 1.85m daily to get all the milestones.
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    People love the voodoo hype, but when it comes to raw damage and kill time hyperion slaughters voodoo. He doesn't have power control like voodoo but you don't need power control when you can stun lock the enemy the entire fight which is only going to last a few combos anyway on the longer end because of how much damage he does. He's a much better overall champ, he can be used in AQ, AW (both defense and offense), or anything else and just be amazing. You can't say that for voodoo, he's limited to pretty much AQ, AW offense, and on occasion other stuff because he's dependent on being able to poison. It was predicted to be 6.5m before android users even got their boosts, so nothing was changed because of that.

I think this is more of a case of voodoo hypers underestimating hyperion for what he can do vs what voodoo is widely known for.
  • Options
    The biggest problem with the new set up is the pairing of champions. A "new" character in basic always gets paired with an old one in featured. That brings over all the whales from the featured. Hyperion should have been paired with Carnage. Then Venom with Og Punisher. Then Howard with Punisher 2099. Etc. That will keep most of the whales out of the basic arena.

Also. Getting rid of the base requirement for rank rewards seems like an obvious solution. If you put in one fight you should be counted toward the overall pool. I would gladly put in one fight in all four arenas to help lower the overall cutoffs.