**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam’s Refusal to Sell 5* Awakening Gems...

2»

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    There’s another point I’d like to make here. With the previous featured system, which gave you a 20% chance to obtain the champ, you could save, spin and then dupe the champ.

Now, without any such mechanism, you’re looking at paying $300+ per round in arena (assuming you don’t have a family or a job). There are too many 5* champs in circulation to feasibly dupe the ones you want, we need awakening options urgently.

The lack of such options is contributing to the monotony of the game’s eternal grind as we plod along using the same old champs while duping Iron Patriots and Spider Gwens (my last 2 dupes, both now sig 40).

I broke my own rule recently and took Mephisto to rank 4 unduped because I want something new in my roster. I’ve no idea if I’ll ever dupe him.

Throw us a bone here Kabam.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    One final thing - it would be nice if Kabam could actually communicate with us on issues like these, where’s the community management? Where’s the customer relationship?

There’s no back and forth on issues of any substance, just the occasional “here’s a new event, everything’s wonderful” post.

@Kabam Miike anything to contribute on awakening options for end-game players?
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    if they ever sell a 5* AG it would cost an arm and a leg. one thing we can tell from the latest 5* OG vision "deal' is that kabam sees a different value than us.

if they consult with actual players then they would actually make more money as more deals would be accessible to the players that are more geared towards ftp.

i used to spend a lot but I stopped when kabam stopped fixing bugs for us. i get it can take time but NO bug should take MONTHS to fix. if the game team or quality assurance team or bug team (whatever they call it) CANT fix bugs then get rid of them and hire those that can.

KABAM you would make MORE money if you fixed the bugs that we are FORCED to play through since they hardly get fixed on time.

I would spend on a working, stable fun game not the game we have now

*this is to be taken as constructive criticism*
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    if they ever sell a 5* AG it would cost an arm and a leg. one thing we can tell from the latest 5* OG vision "deal' is that kabam sees a different value than us.

if they consult with actual players then they would actually make more money as more deals would be accessible to the players that are more geared towards ftp.

i used to spend a lot but I stopped when kabam stopped fixing bugs for us. i get it can take time but NO bug should take MONTHS to fix. if the game team or quality assurance team or bug team (whatever they call it) CANT fix bugs then get rid of them and hire those that can.

KABAM you would make MORE money if you fixed the bugs that we are FORCED to play through since they hardly get fixed on time.

I would spend on a working, stable fun game not the game we have now

*this is to be taken as constructive criticism*

The current state of the game is the worst I've even seen since I started playing in February 2017. The community has received compensation for much less chaotic circumstances. The thing is, most players don't want compensation, they want this great game to be running smoothly because when it does it is such an amazing Marvel game. At the very least, open communication would be a bit reassuring.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    No ty, they sell enough of an advantage to players that helps widen the gap between f2p and p2w. If they go too far f2p will either be too far behind or feel they are too far behind and neither are good for longevity or keeping the top stable with players who can fill in due to attrition.

This is exactly what I've felt the "pick your class" 5* AG debate has always boiled down to. F2Ps are usually the first ones to comment about how there's "AGs are in act 5 and LoL" while conveniently over looking the rapidly expanding character list in the game and the degree of difficulty to awaken a champ when all gems have been used. This thread is no different.
  • BendersBountyBendersBounty Posts: 160
    Over the past months I’ve felt like I’ve made not a lot of progress. I’ve been getting insane bad luck on crystals, and been getting nothing i need. We need to speed this up. Kabam is refusing to move us to the next phase in this game. Most of us are stuck(like me)
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    I can see a 5* generic or pick your own class awakening gem deal coming soon, the fact they released a 5* original vision and being he is only worth having if he's duped they will continue to milk us. If I didn't dupe my 5* blade two days ago i would buy it but now i probably won't, although it'd be cool to awaken sabertooth cause his PI is pretty sweet
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Not oppose to the 5* awakening gem sales, although I will NOT buy it. Whales will always be whales, and whales will always be happy to pay big bucks to buy certain deals, so if such deals become more common, then whales will have many more awakened 5* champs, and Kabam will walk to the bank happily. But then, more and more people are opening many 5* crystals each month and begin to have many dups, so dupping an existing 5* may no longer be as hard as before, except those new featured 5*, so whales who can't wait for a few months, will definitely be happy to jump into those deals.