**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need help deciding who to upgrade

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
I need a little help deciding who to upgrade between my only 4 star Hulkbuster, Wolverine, Kinpin, or Black Panther. I'm thinking wolverine or would anyone else be better? None Duped, my only Dupe is Howard lol. Maybe I should do him but I hear he kinda blows.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Wolverine for sure
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
    Oh just got black widow..any good?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Pseudouber wrote: »
    Oh just got black widow..any good?

She has to be awakened and high sig, wolvie is good unduped
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Wolvie is regen fine undupped, but if awakened he will regen even better
    SW needs to be awakened and highly dupped with high sig level to have very good ability reduction (but she is no longer as good as before the nerf), and you may need to pair her with Quake for synergy
    Black Panther is a decent bleed champ, although we may consider higher priority on Blade, Gwenpool, Killmonger, etc in skill class
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    I've had a look at your prior posts - you've got a 5* Magik alongside those four 4* champs, but that's it; so you're early in the game.

I'd look at your skill level. Hulkbuster is a tank, and he gets a lot of grief from the community because the reality is he gets less useful the higher your skill level. But at Beginner skill, he's a tank and you can spam his SP1 to boost his damage output. So actually you could do worse, but he's not great long-ter..

Kingpin has got far better long-term utility as he can shrug off debuffs, can reduce ability accuracy, has an unblockable Heavy attack and a form of damage (Black-Iso8) that no-one is immune to. He'd be great in Act 4, and doesn't need to be Awakened. His basic stats aren't that great though, and generally your opponent needs to hit or evade you before you start building up Rage counters.

Black Panther is tough and has good base stats, but absolutely no utility at all. If he gets Awakened he can do some serious damage against opponents who bleed, though.

Wolverine has fairly low base stats, but does good damage over time if the opponent bleeds. He has a reasonable if infrequent regeneration unless he gets Awakened to a good Sig level. On the other hand his regeneration is dependent on a good Power level, so it's a bit counter-productive to use his special attacks.

My advice: Wolverine first, Kingpin second, and Hulkbuster third, but not past 3/30 unless he slots into a good synergy team by then. Black Panther only if he gets Awakened, as Wolverine already has bleed pretty well covered.
    Thanks, everyone especially Magrailothos, I do have Hulk but I have focused on him and hes already higher than the others and just to expensive to upgrade again right now. He seems to help me out the most. How good is Hulk compared to what I have? I did the right thing right? lol. It is just soo hard to get tier 4 catalysts urg.
    So hard to get tier 4 when you cant do proving ground without using a bunch of potions and your alliance barely clears stuff.