**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Energy Requirements Discussion

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I'm seeing a growing complaint of energy in the game and wanted to start a discussion on the subject.

For a little perspective, here is my energy usage so far this month:
  • 100% Explore Infinity Heroic, Master, & 2 paths left to 100% explore Normal
  • 100% Explore Infinity Uncollected chapters 1, 2, & 3.1, along with one pass of 3.2
  • 100% Explore Chapters 1-3 and one line in Chapter 4 of the Chadwick & Tom challenge
  • One pass through Act 5.2.1 (completion event)
  • Multiple rifts passes (at least 4 through normal and 3 through master plus a few basic)
  • 2 aborted passes in Uncollected monthly event

That's it. I have completely ignored the daily events (proving grounds, class cats, etc) and for the most part have ignored the story quests. I have only used 2 or 3 energy refills to unlock champs from quests in order to join AW or AQ, but have otherwise only used the naturally refilling energy and two alliance help requests per day.

My routine is essentially this:
  • log in at 7am, burn all 70 energy going through the monthly quest, request help.
  • log in again after work (aboput 6pm), burn the energy built up, request help.
  • For the remainder of the evening, I'm in and out of the game while still arena grinding and burning any energy built up. Go to bed about 11pm with 0 energy left.

When all is said and done, I spend on average between 260-270 energy PER DAY and I'm not even done with the special event quests. My energy timer is essentially running from the moment I wake up to when I go to bed.

Obviously there is not enough energy in the game to be able to do everything. I don't think everyone is expecting to be able to do everything.However, at a minimum players are still wanting to be able to do the events but also progress through the "growth" portions of the game (story mode, proving grounds, daily class catalysts, etc).

With all the above being said, is it unrealistic to expect to be able to 100% explore the special event quests without needing to spend on energy refills? Is it also unrealistic to completely ignore all other solo quest content to do the special event quests?

Comments

• Options
    Johnnyblaze23Johnnyblaze23 Posts: 46
    Yes
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,023 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a growing complaint of energy in the game and wanted to start a discussion on the subject.

For a little perspective, here is my energy usage so far this month:
    • 100% Explore Infinity Heroic, Master, & 2 paths left to 100% explore Normal
    • 100% Explore Infinity Uncollected chapters 1, 2, & 3.1, along with one pass of 3.2
    • 100% Explore Chapters 1-3 and one line in Chapter 4 of the Chadwick & Tom challenge
    • One pass through Act 5.2.1 (completion event)
    • Multiple rifts passes (at least 4 through normal and 3 through master plus a few basic)
    • 2 aborted passes in Uncollected monthly event

That's it. I have completely ignored the daily events (proving grounds, class cats, etc) and for the most part have ignored the story quests. I have only used 2 or 3 energy refills to unlock champs from quests in order to join AW or AQ, but have otherwise only used the naturally refilling energy and two alliance help requests per day.

My routine is essentially this:
    • log in at 7am, burn all 70 energy going through the monthly quest, request help.
    • log in again after work (aboput 6pm), burn the energy built up, request help.
    • For the remainder of the evening, I'm in and out of the game while still arena grinding and burning any energy built up. Go to bed about 11pm with 0 energy left.

When all is said and done, I spend on average between 260-270 energy PER DAY and I'm not even done with the special event quests. My energy timer is essentially running from the moment I wake up to when I go to bed.

Obviously there is not enough energy in the game to be able to do everything. I don't think everyone is expecting to be able to do everything.However, at a minimum players are still wanting to be able to do the events but also progress through the "growth" portions of the game (story mode, proving grounds, daily class catalysts, etc).

With all the above being said, is it unrealistic to expect to be able to 100% explore the special event quests without needing to spend on energy refills? Is it also unrealistic to completely ignore all other solo quest content to do the special event quests?

Its possible but not plausable. Someone did the math and youd have to time it right each time. You'd have about 1 day left in the event.