**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The problem with Infinity crystal cycling

Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
Please avoid discussing the unfair nature behind artifact acquisition (i'm in the same boat and am just as mad). That has its own thread, so please navigate there for complaints.

As for "the problem" it lies in the fact these crystals have a buy limit of 1, and cycle every other week. I also want to point out i'm entirely referring to the 5* crystal, as anyone with it available should be prioritizing it. This system is fine for the majority of players (the ones getting gimped into 5k milestones) as they can only ever open 1 of these crystals, meanwhile 7.5k whales get 600 more artifacts a day, and can afford 2 of these crystals. Why is there a limit to the amount you can buy? These crystals are supposed to promote a "better way to target the champion you desire", but in reality you will basically be forced to buy 2 different crystals, or to buy one of the final 3 crystals around the time you finally get the shards for that second one. Because we get these artifacts over the course of the event, the first 2 weeks of crystals are basically useless, as nobody can afford them.
Basically the whole 3 crystals a week thing is flawed based on how rewards are distributed. I understand they likely did this so the crystal page would not be swarmed with crystals, but the fact you are forced into spending on the final 3 (even if the crystal you want is in the other group of 3) is broken and doesn't allow players to actually target the champs they want.
My proposed solution to this problem is to have one extra week after the event is over in which the crystals alternate, allowing players that just got enough artifacts within the final week the ability to choose from all 6. I also see no reason for the buy limit of 1, as the crystals are already limited by the artifacts you can acquire. Some people may want to open the same crystal twice, so why stop them from doing so in the same week? There is no reason for this to exist so my proposed solution for this problem is to remove the limit.

If your goal is to support player choice, then why is it so hard for players to choose the options they want.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's open for enough time for people to get 2 Crystals out of the 5k Milestones.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    This system is fine for the majority of players (the ones getting gimped into 5k milestones) as they can only ever open 1 of these crystals, meanwhile 7.5k whales get 600 more artifacts a day, and can afford 2 of these crystals.

If you have the last milestone at 5k then you can still get 2 crystals. 1430 shards a day. It will take ~19 days to get a crystal. The event is here for 40 days. If you have all the milestones you can get 1950 shards a day, so a 5 star every 13.5 days (just barely not enough for a 3rd crystal).

I do agree that a limit of 1 is still dumb.
  • Options
    LoPresti wrote: »
    This system is fine for the majority of players (the ones getting gimped into 5k milestones) as they can only ever open 1 of these crystals, meanwhile 7.5k whales get 600 more artifacts a day, and can afford 2 of these crystals.

If you have the last milestone at 5k then you can still get 2 crystals. 1430 shards a day. It will take ~19 days to get a crystal. The event is here for 40 days. If you have all the milestones you can get 1950 shards a day, so a 5 star every 13.5 days (just barely not enough for a 3rd crystal).

1430? where are you getting that number because both my accounts maxed out at 1350 in the 5k bracket. I admit i was unaware that the event was 40 days long and my estimations were based off a lower date. With 1350 a day, you would need to play perfectly and hit your milestones 100% of the time over the 40 days in order to get 2. So yes your right its still possible, just allot harder as there is no room for error (that makes sense, make things harder for the lesser players)
    This also doesn't change the problem with forcing players to buy the final 3 crystals (making the other 3 impossible to obtain with your final crystal)
  • Options

1430? where are you getting that number because both my accounts maxed out at 1350 in the 5k bracket.

Really?

260 + 325 + 390 + 455 = 1430

Or do you have different artifact numbers in your milestones?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

1430? where are you getting that number because both my accounts maxed out at 1350 in the 5k bracket.

Really?

180, 225, 270, 315, 360........ totaling 1350
    Whats your prestige? Is there brackets within brackets? lol
    my prestige is in the 5,100's, hero rating 450k's

edit- my ault is getting the same 1350, and its 150k rated, prestige I have never calculated, but I would estimate 4300 or something
  • Options
    To clarify, it's open for 50 days. Also, it is 1350. So there is room for error.
  • Options
    To clarify, it's open for 50 days. Also, it is 1350. So there is room for error.

well LoPres clearly got 1430.... ether they are trolling or there are different 5k bracket rewards
  • Options
    Could be an honest mistake.
  • Options
    Could be an honest mistake.

on a unrelated note..... hot damn your post count lol. You must live here :hushed: lol
  • Options

Btw I just checked my mail. Looks like 40 days to me unless something changed
    kzwfjhiu3h9r.png
  • Options
    TBH, I don't pay attention to it. Obviously I'm here a bit. Lol.
  • Options
    Yeah I flipped the calendar and counted a week twice. 42.
  • Options

Really?

edit- my ault is getting the same 1350, and its 150k rated, prestige I have never calculated, but I would estimate 4300 or something

I have 6k prestige, I see all the milestones till 7500. I was assuming the artifacts were the same. That's why. So apparently there's not just another milestone, the amount of artifacts per milestone is also higher.... interesting...
  • Options

Really?

Where have you gone? i would love to know your secrets :D
  • Options

Really?

I have 6k prestige, I see all the milestones till 7500. I was assuming the artifacts were the same. That's why. So apparently there's not just another milestone, the amount of artifacts per milestone is also higher.... interesting...

ahhhhhhh so your in 7.5k and your thinking us in 5k only have the 4 milestones above your final one. Na that's not how it works, all brackets have 5 milestones to achieve, and rewards are distributed throughout.
  • Options

Really?

ahhhhhhh so your in 7.5k and your thinking us in 5k only have the 4 milestones above your final one. Na that's not how it works, all brackets have 5 milestones to achieve, and rewards are distributed throughout.

Yeah. I thought it was just another milestone. Sorry for the confusion.