**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aw burnout and retirement

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
To mitigate aw burnout and retirement, shorten season 2 and make the gap between the rewards less. This will serve kabam well in the long run, especially with infinity dungeons running.

Aw burnout and retirement 136 votes

Make the length of season shorter with more comparable rewards
86%
EbbtideNevvBRektorBigPoppaCBONETillinatorrazielAnimejay70Darkstar4387DarthVadidHeartlessGround_Round1RaganatormostlyharmlessnD_S_JRock808RetroRocksCapWW2Rednick69VceeAngry_Asian17 118 votes
Leave the length and rewards of season as is
13%
GroundedWisdomPry22CFreeSgt_Doakes1AzKicker316MaksbrMightylibraDemonzfyreLvernon15HeattblasttTinoMiaNigtmare6511cx234333JollyHawkaNOOBis235Thanks_D19Stark154667Newaries 18 votes

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Please note that both, shortening the length and balancing the rewards, need to happen.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Are the rewards the same as last season?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Here's the "give me more for doing less" daily post.
  • Sgt_Doakes1Sgt_Doakes1 Posts: 34
    Season rewards are extra rewards on top of what you get each war for winning. To ask for more is greedy. This is just like the ppl complaining about monthly login calendar rewards which are free. I agree with @Demonzfyre
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    he didnt ask for more rewards he asked for rewards to be more balanced bracket to bracket (and from my understanding) potentially be lowered to compensate for a shorter season so if each season was 12 wars instead of 24 give half the rewards
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Here's the "give me more for doing less" daily post.

i would not mind at all if they scaled the rewards back to make the season shorter.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    whaler213 wrote: »
    he didnt ask for more rewards he asked for rewards to be more balanced bracket to bracket (and from my understanding) potentially be lowered to compensate for a shorter season so if each season was 12 wars instead of 24 give half the rewards

He asked for them in his other poll
  • DaveDaDudeDaveDaDude Posts: 18
    Thanos agrees the rewards need a rebalancing
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    War needs more than better rewards. It needs a full revamp
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

@JRock808 this is a common theme in the community. "Give us better rewards but dont make us work for them". Its also a public forum, I can make whatever observation i want. Im tired of seeing people ask for more and wanting to so less to earn it. Am I not allowed to have that opinion while you have yours?

This "poll" is about burnout from AW. How would shortening the season and shortening the in between timeframe reduce burn out? If you do that, then you are constently doing AW which would lead to possible burn out. Why would they shorten the season and give better rewards in the process? When has that ever happened? If they shorten the season, rewards will almost certainly be reduced to equal longer season rewards but spread out.

Is this acceptable for you now that i participated in this poll?

24 hours is no issue, they just need to bump up the lower rank rewards, pointless to even play it if you arent high tier. Either that or add shards to AQ/ improve SA and alliance events.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Season rewards are extra rewards on top of what you get each war for winning. To ask for more is greedy. This is just like the ppl complaining about monthly login calendar rewards which are free. I agree with @Demonzfyre

Totally not stressful and full of disappointment. Bad analogy with the monthly calendar btw (though i agree, nobody should be mad at those). Wars are not worth the effort unless you are top tier, any less. Just dont do war at all. And consider the amount of boosts and potions being used each war.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Zaynou said:

AW is the main income of Kabam.
    Big spenders like AW.

As a game business, money is most important.

NON-SPENDING players focusing on AQ and playing low tier AW (gets kill 120+)

This is my point. By incentivizing AW by increasing rewards and shortening the season, Kabam makes a simple change, which will actually increase engagement from mid to lower level players. If not, then it will only benefit Kabam in the short term as it will burnout mid to lower level players, which I predicted 3 years ago.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    I forgot AW was a game mode until right now
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I think the biggest burnout-factor for me in any alliance mode is being leashed to the game with energy, honestly. Used to be path nodes in AQ, but props to Kabam for giving us a break there.

I feel like nodes are a good enough stopblock to test teamwork; energy just tests timezones and freetime. I mean, what if Bob has to go to his daughter's 8 hour theremin recital tomorrow?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I got sick of higher tier war when they started messing around with it and matchmaking was screwed up. Maybe it's better now but I'm running no item, no boosting wars for gold 1 now and it's fun.