**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter soldier

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
Is he supposed to be an avenger or not?
And yes its cuz he doesn't have the avengers tag which I find shocking

Comments

• Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    yes, and he needs to have the mcu skin
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »

Kabam does not follow the MCU, they are making their own story.
  • Options

Kabam does not follow the MCU, they are making their own story.

One would think he's an avenger
    I mean duh he's on the loading screen alongside the avengers
  • Options
    If it were following the MCU even, if you recall, the Avengers were officially disbanded due to Civil War. He wasn't an Avenger prior, and he wasn't even ceremoniously promoted to the somewhat defunct group after...so, no, I don't think of him as an Avenger.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Lol I was gonna post this too, was hoping sparky could count as an avenger...but nope. Also sadly cap wwii doesn't count
  • Options
    If it were following the MCU even, if you recall, the Avengers were officially disbanded due to Civil War. He wasn't an Avenger prior, and he wasn't even ceremoniously promoted to the somewhat defunct group after...so, no, I don't think of him as an Avenger.

OK so in the comics he's not an avenger?
    Drop the MCU
    Is he an avenger or not
  • Options

Drop the MCU
    Is he an avenger or not

They aren't following the comics or MCU. It's not hard dude.
  • Options

Drop the MCU
    Is he an avenger or not

The quoted question meant whether he is an avenger in the comics (putting MCU aside)
    Now in reference to the game his tag says captain America
    Now should that make him an avenger? Besides when did he get the title
  • Options

Drop the MCU
    Is he an avenger or not

The quoted question meant whether he is an avenger in the comics (putting MCU aside)
    Now in reference to the game his tag says captain America
    Now should that make him an avenger? Besides when did he get the title

Not necessarily.
  • Options
    ShinjiTakeyamaShinjiTakeyama Posts: 17
    edited May 2018

Drop the MCU
    Is he an avenger or not

I double the sentiment presented above (by XFA_Rebooted). It's actually irrelevant.
    That being said, no, I do not know of an iteration of the Avengers in the comics where Winter Soldier was an actual Avenger. I know Bucky Barnes masqueraded as Captain America for a while in his absence, which doesn't count. Maybe there was a time the man known as Winter Soldier was officially an Avenger, I just can't think of one. And regardless of that, he certainly would not have always been, and without knowing specifically which era of the character they're using for him in the game, you still can't make the claim with any accuracy that he SHOULD be labeled one with anything but wishful thinking.
  • Options
    Wasn't making a claim that he should be labeled an avenger
    Just needed to know why he isn't considered an avenger
    Besides I also couldn't think of a comic where he's with the avengers
  • Options
    Ah, I got ya. Miscommunication then. It sounded to me like you were rallying for the tag to be added for some reason.
    I don't tend to look at the tags in-game since they don't have much, if any mechanical relevance.
    In that case, hopefully your question is answered. :)
    That tag on his profile about Captain America is probably just because of his relationship to him.
  • Options
    Ah, I got ya. Miscommunication then. It sounded to me like you were rallying for the tag to be added for some reason.
    I don't tend to look at the tags in-game since they don't have much, if any mechanical relevance.
    In that case, hopefully your question is answered. :)
    That tag on his profile about Captain America is probably just because of his relationship to him.

It's for the side of Civil War he was on.